Students with exam on January

10/1/2009 3:54:45 PM
I had the same topic in step1, which was really useful, we informed each other of news and shared our percentage.
I wanna have the same topic here, so if you have exam at that time, that would be great to join here
This is my plan:
First read the Kaplan lecture notes ,then go for USMLE.W and add points on FA . Then I will do Kaplan and review USMLE.W and FA
Any suggestion

10/4/2009 5:39:54 PM
I did surgery from Kaplan lecture notes, It was perfect ,really simpler than step 1. Now I’ll go for OBG.
I'm still looking for students with the same month exam

10/12/2009 8:52:10 AM
Hey i wanna join this group...my email id is [email protected]
Tho im just starting my prep for step 2 now, i wanna hav some study partners who'd help me from time to time....
How many months ll u take for kaplan and then for UW...pls stay in touch...thanks.

10/12/2009 2:02:08 PM
Hi aibaligab
Good to have you here
I don't know exactly how long does it take for Kaplan lecture notes, I finished surgery, in the middle of OBG and plan to finish my first round till 28 December
You should see how many pages you can read in one day
stay in touch, I'll write whatever news I have

10/13/2009 2:39:55 AM
Hi everyboby,I got FA 2009, It's just released today
BTW, I have a question: Does anyone know shall we memorize all the stages of cancer?!!!!

10/13/2009 11:02:27 AM
Hi I am also reading for step 2CK; just completed surgery. I was wondering; are you solving questions along side and how is that coming along?

10/13/2009 2:39:17 PM
Hi Samory
No I didn't do questions, I will go for them after finishing my first round.

10/13/2009 11:43:43 PM
Is it not a better idea to do t end of chap questions in kaplan notes after finishing each topic??

@snilidr.....i dont think memorisation of stages of cancer is reqd at this stage....but do know t broadest way to classify them....haven't done surg/obg as yet....but if i find any mnemonic or short cut to remem that, il let u guys know.
edited by sunilbaligab on 10/13/2009

10/14/2009 12:28:41 AM
Thanks Suni
Did you do questons as well?I did questions in step1 after first round and it was ok, but I'm not sure about doing after each chapter, maybe Kaplan Qbook is a good choice for this stage, isn't it?

10/14/2009 2:58:17 AM
Ideally it 'd be best to do t end of chap questions after each chap and after each subject to do the kaplan q bk subject wise questions...but then each person has his/her own method of studying and wat works out best for him/her...it doesnot matter as long as we end up doing well on t exam...:-)

10/20/2009 12:11:55 PM
Hi,
I am doing my medicine videos, hope to finish it in a week. I think there is a lot of overlap of physio and patho from step 1. So it is really a lot easier. I have also started paediatrics videos...
I heard some saying that we dont have to do the videos for all subjects, just that medicine would do....is that true?

I have not started doing any questions....Planning to take exam by Jan end or Feb 1st week...
edited by n_nan on 10/20/2009

10/20/2009 12:16:31 PM
Hi Nan, good to have you here
I didn't do videos,I'm afraid of not having enough time, maybe after finishing the first round of LNs I'll do it
Good luck and be in touch

10/20/2009 12:27:38 PM
@ Nan - Its really up to u...how comfortable u r with watching t videos....
I felt tat videos help me grasp impt concepts which i wud not know were impt if i hadn't watched t videos....also i feel i remember better if i watch t videos..

10/20/2009 1:12:30 PM
I have just completed the medicine videos; I think they kinda put things in perspective by emphasizing certain 'factoids' that I might have over looked. Thing with videos is that they are quite long and require a lot of time commitment.

I am currently on pediatrics; been tryin to solve a few questions here and there; not started UW yet; want to finish my first read; before doing so. I am really scared; cos unless you do the questions, you never know how much you retained during your prep. but Good luck to us all .

10/22/2009 10:29:17 AM
I am reading psychiatry notes as well in addition to watching medicine videos and i think there are lots of behavioral science stuff from step 1. So it seems simple but i will know only when i start doing questions.

10/22/2009 2:07:38 PM
Hi Nan
I finished surgery and OBG, just start psychaitry, I agree ,it is so similar to step 1,and it's easy

10/24/2009 11:23:01 AM
Hi
I was wondering if i really have 2008-09 version of medicine and paediatrics kaplan notes, can anyone tell me how many pages are there in total? i just wanna check if i REALLY have the 2008-09 version.

I hope to finish paed by this month end.

10/24/2009 12:49:02 PM
Hi Nan
453 Internal and 325 Pediatric, I mean at the end of Index page for both

10/25/2009 10:21:58 AM
Hi snilidr,
Thanks for your prompt reply. I have the rite version indeed!

10/26/2009 1:36:57 PM
Hi guys
I just finished Psychiatry and ethic, the problem is my weakest point in step1 which lowered my score was Behavioral, I don't know what I should do to improve it, cause I learned all the items but it didn't work.

10/26/2009 2:05:15 PM
@ snilidr - Beh Sci is luck i feel..wat u feel is t right ans may be incorrect acc to them....so its really not ur fault

HELP.....Are t videos worth watching ...cos i feel they aint as gud as step 1 vdo's.....pls tel which vdo's r gud n which aint..

10/26/2009 2:23:31 PM
Hi Suni
As I said before I didn't watch videos, Cause I don't have enough time, but students said watching Internal Medicine will help alot, I will go for it on my own

10/27/2009 10:40:11 AM
@snilidr well, ya i also think that behav sci questions is just luck.....but maybe doing more questions mite help...

@sunil I also feel same about the step 2 videos, they are not as good as step 1. My seniors told me that medicine videos are a must watch....Rest are not so imp.

10/30/2009 12:06:15 AM
Hi guys
A friend just passed step 2 with 236/98.…he said he found 50 questions of step 1! It’s huge number, isn’t it?
How is it going guys?
I’m in the middle of Pediatric, I decided to start USMLE.W on first November , I need to do questions

10/30/2009 11:15:49 AM
@snilidr That sure is a big no... 50 questions from step 1!
I think i will start uworld after i finish first round of reading of all subjects which i am not done yet...I didnt like paed videos so i am skipping that and reading only the notes.
Let us know how it goes after you start with uworld....

pages: 1 2 3

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK