DOCTORS IN TRAINING FEEDBACK

4/20/2011 6:34:42 PM
Hi, does anybody have any feedback on Doctors in Training? Id really like to know if the money is worth it since it is a bit pricey. I really would like to hear what any of you guys have to say about this course. Since I noticed they also just use FA and other books which you also have to purchase aside from paying their fees. Thanks so much.

4/20/2011 6:50:06 PM
I love DIT! I just used it for the end of my reviewing! I learned everything and understood everything with Kaplan videos, Goljan and UWorld. So I knew FA inside and out. So when you are doing DIT, he goes very fast, so if you have done FA a few times before DIT, it'll be amazing. Its just really good especially for people like me that can't sit by themselves and read FA. He doesn't just read it, he goes through it all but in a very organized fashion. You do different topics everyday so its very integrated. I highly recommend DIT for the end of your reviewing, close to your exam date.

4/20/2011 6:52:35 PM
MFurfur wrote:
I love DIT! I just used it for the end of my reviewing! I learned everything and understood everything with Kaplan videos, Goljan and UWorld. So I knew FA inside and out. So when you are doing DIT, he goes very fast, so if you have done FA a few times before DIT, it'll be amazing. Its just really good especially for people like me that can't sit by themselves and read FA. He doesn't just read it, he goes through it all but in a very organized fashion. You do different topics everyday so its very integrated. I highly recommend DIT for the end of your reviewing, close to your exam date.

thanks!!! how many months before the exam should I start doing DIT? I hear they give 15 questions twice a week. that would take 16 weeks? or can i ask them to give the questions more often than twice a week?

4/20/2011 7:21:47 PM
Sadly to say I didn't do it through the actual program. I shared the videos from someone!..But I know that he gives out questions in your email. So maybe if you go through the website and see how they actually do it. But I know that the first time around they send you questions via email? And then they send you questions in the mail also? and then the videos are def 15 days, 3 lectures a day. I know that for that set, like the 15 day videos you should leave about one month for DIT videos. Because he says you should do M-F and then Sat and Sun to catch up and do an assessment exam. After the 3 weeks of videos he says to spend 5 days of doing all of FA on your own.

So for the videos you need a whole month, right before your exam ...but for the whole program you may need to buy it like 2 months in advance? sorry I am not sure about that part...because I did it another way!

4/20/2011 7:25:52 PM
What's Included

* Part 1 - over 500 high-yield review questions with specific First Aid page references, delivered to your inbox twice a week (15 questions per email)
* Part 2 - 30 days of access to 15 days worth of high-yield online lectures hosted by Brian Jenkins, MD and our team of physician experts.
* High-yield study guide - corresponds with Part 2 and is packed full of
high-yield questions, First Aid page references, notes and diagrams, study hints, and daily quizzes.
* Two-hour USMLE-style practice exam. Timed with 100 mixed questions.
* Ongoing support from our team of Student Advisors

Course Details

* Accessible beginning March 14, 2011. One-month access starts on the date you specify.
* Part 1 emails will be emailed to you beginning January 2011 or on the date you specify.
* Part 2 online access to lectures will begin on a date you specify (after March 14, 2011).
* The course study guide that corresponds with the Part 2 lectures will be mailed 1 week prior to your Part 2 start date.
* Required text: First Aid for the USMLE Step 1, 2011 edition (sold separately)

Online Access Details

* Part 2 online lectures are viewable over a 30-day period of time.
* Each lecture can be viewed up to 2 times over the 30-day period.
* One-week course extensions and additional viewings of a lecture can be purchased if additional time is needed. If you need to pause your subscription for any reason, you must purchase a 1-week extension.

4/20/2011 10:47:42 PM
thanks so much! Im still thinking about it...coz the price is something I am considering. Can you tell me something about the videos? How helpful are these videos? thanks!!

4/20/2011 11:43:41 PM
Hey! yeah the videos are pretty good dude. Like the way they are organized is great. He goes pretty fast but like if you know FA inside out and cant do it on your own this is an AMAZING way to go through FA. Its like a book on audio but 10 times better. You should try to watch a sample!!

4/21/2011 3:57:04 AM
thanks so much!!! Im also considering usmlerx... i will post a new thread there hope you could give me your insight on that if you have any experiences with usmlerx as well. thanks!

5/9/2011 3:57:28 PM
Great course for rapid review at the end of your preparation to boost your score, my score when up 60 points using NBME's.

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK