Passed NGN NCLEX in 104 Questions!

5/27/2023 12:25:49 AM
I’ve been meaning to post on this to share my Uworld/NCLEX journey! I took the NCLEX Next Gen on May 17th, got the good popup 30 mins after finishing the test, and got my official results Friday May 19th (I passed🥳).

Study Schedule!

So I did an accelerated nursing program where we took the exit HESI to graduate. I took my exit in February and did not touch any study materials til the third week of April! I bought Uworld (2 month version) on April 20th, did around 20-30 questions daily the remaining of April (I was working/busy with life) and didn’t actually start studying until the first week of May. I started doing around 50 questions daily the first week and increased that number to 150 daily (75 in the morning/75 at night). I did this for 7 days and ended up moving up my test (from May 27th to May 17th) because I couldn’t handle the anxiety! My uworld average was 57% and I had 51% usage/completed questions. I basically stopped studying 2 days before my test. I just did 50 questions the day before but I tried to engage in self care activities on the 16th (I just laid in bed and binged a tv show I’m super into at the moment)

Test Day!

I was suuuuper nervous driving to the testing center. The walk from my car to the classroom felt like the longest walk ever! My advice would be to NOT take the test at 8am! Mine was at 10:45am, I got there around 10 and I was taking my test by 10:15. If you’re not a morning person then please do yourself a favor and sign up at a later time! It definitely helped my anxiety and falling asleep the night prior! I had a total of 104 questions (had like 5 case study and 40% of my test was SATA). Normal multiple choice questions were a minority with me. The questions were much more vague than Uworld. I wouldn’t necessarily say that the NCLEX is easier than Uworld. It’s more straightforward. I scrolled through so many YouTube/tiktok/Instagram posts saying that you have to wait 2+ hours to try the pearson vue trick after your test! This was NOT the case for me. I walked out of the test at 11:30, got my email by 11:57, and got the good popup by 12pm. I didn’t even need to purchase quick results from Pearson vue! My license was up and active within a day and half after finishing my test! (I’m in California).

Advice!

My advice to everyone who’s preparing to take the NCLEX Next Gen is to NOT WAIT! If you feel like you’re ready, then you ARE ready! I had a solid week of studying before taking mine. If I would’ve waited the additional 10 days, I would’ve gone insane! Also don’t get anxious if the questions go from 85 to 86. I saw soooo many videos of people finishing/passing at 85 questions that when I went to 86…my heart just sank! I felt like I was a failure but I kept pushing through!! Read the rationales on Uworld but don’t relearn all the material. If you’re sitting there scratching your head on every rationale, it might mean you need to go back and actually review materials then come back to uworld. Don’t second guess yourself and always go with your first answer choice (unless you’re 100% sure of the answer)! You’re so close to the finish line!! You absolutely can do this!!

6/2/2023 12:47:37 AM
great! thank you for the advice!

6/7/2023 9:10:33 AM
This is really helpful, thank you!!

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK