UWorld score comparison

10/20/2010 11:12:30 PM
Got my score back for step 2 today. I always thought it was helpful when people told me what kind of scores they got in comparison to the UWorld bank.
UWorld 1st time: 67% over 4-5 months
UWorld 2nd time: 74% over 1 month
UWorld practice test: predicted 237 1.5 weeks prior to exam
actual score: 243/99

As a sidenote:
step 1: 243/99 (same score)

The questions on the actual exam were longer in length, but I felt confortable with the material. I normally finish a UWorld block with 5 or so minutes to spare. The actual exam came down to the wire! I also went over First Aid as a quick read through once. I didn't feel like it was a great source and would have prefered step up to step 2, but it was definitely an adequate source. The one area that I didn't feel as confident on was biostats. The questions on the real exam asked questions not commonly seen, which I had prepared for during step 1 but didn't expect to see on step 2. 30-50% of biostats material was not well covered in FA or on UWorld, which I had to recall from step 1 stuff. OB/GYN made up 30-40% of my test (seriously! this is not an over estimate). Overall best advice, UWorld got almost everything spot on. Use the bank as much as you can.
edited by brpowell on 10/20/2010
edited by brpowell on 10/24/2010

10/21/2010 7:37:39 PM
each block on the real exam conatains how many q.s?
cu in FA its said that its 46.
but in the sample of the exam on USMLE site its only 44.

and if im now getting 75 % in kaplan .... does this mean that im ready
to take the exam cuz i correlated it and i found that my estimate on the real exam is about 245 ??

actually i was intending to take the exam in december after a month of UW . so if u have any comments about that i would be grateful

10/22/2010 3:51:20 AM
the new pattern is 44 per block !!! the FA says 46 cause it was 46 at the start of this yr but they changed it in August !

10/24/2010 9:21:11 AM
zen wrote:
Hello
Thx for sharing, As i'm not good at statistic, what kind of calculation was found in your exam?

specifically, I can recall that they asked a calculation on number needed to treat, which, I unfotunately, did not know how to do.

10/24/2010 9:24:21 AM
ahmed wrote:
each block on the real exam conatains how many q.s?
cu in FA its said that its 46.
but in the sample of the exam on USMLE site its only 44.

and if im now getting 75 % in kaplan .... does this mean that im ready
to take the exam cuz i correlated it and i found that my estimate on the real exam is about 245 ??

actually i was intending to take the exam in december after a month of UW . so if u have any comments about that i would be grateful

Each block had 44 questions, rather than 46. I really don't know how the kaplan bank correlates because I have never used it. I don't think that you will have a problem waiting to take the exam. I rotated at 2 away locations while studying for the exam. I did two exams each weekend, which worked out well.

10/24/2010 9:23:56 PM
Brian wrote:
Got my score back for step 2 today. I always thought it was helpful when people told me what kind of scores they got in comparison to the UWorld bank.
UWorld 1st time: 67% over 4-5 months
UWorld 2nd time: 74% over 1 month
UWorld practice test: predicted 237 1.5 weeks prior to exam
actual score: 243/99

As a sidenote:
step 1: 243/99 (same score)

The questions on the actual exam were longer in length, but I felt confortable with the material. I normally finish a UWorld block with 5 or so minutes to spare. The actual exam came down to the wire! I also went over First Aid as a quick read through once. I didn't feel like it was a great source and would have prefered step up to step 2, but it was definitely an adequate source. The one area that I didn't feel as confident on was biostats. The questions on the real exam asked questions not commonly seen, which I had prepared for during step 1 but didn't expect to see on step 2. 30-50% of biostats material was not well covered in FA or on UWorld, which I had to recall from step 1 stuff. OB/GYN made up 30-40% of my test (seriously! this is not an over estimate). Overall best advice, UWorld got almost everything spot on. Use the bank as much as you can.
edited by brpowell on 10/20/2010
edited by brpowell on 10/24/2010

10/24/2010 9:25:11 PM
thank so much for sharing your experience, it's very helpful!

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK