explanation of scores and percentile on UWORLD

3/5/2019 11:55:03 PM
Hi. Can someone help me analyze my score on UWorld?

here it is: What does these numbers mean?

Your Score (91st rank) 65%

Median Score (48th rank) 54%

Thank you in advance.

3/7/2019 2:41:56 PM
Basically, this means that the average score for the exam you took was around 54. You got a 65 (well above average). It's a good sign
This is reassuring and you are in the right pathway; I would focus on the weakest areas of your knowledge to be safe and to prepare well for the NCLEX. This will increase your chances of passing (it also may increase your scores as well). Also, don't forget to do their predictors and read well all rationales.
My advice: don't focus too much on the scores, but in actually learning the "why" of your incorrect choices. It is important to understand well the material.

Good luck!!

3/7/2019 10:24:23 PM
First and foremost, I'd like to thank you for your input on the subject matter. It truly means a lot. I have been struggling to understand the numbers for a while now, and do not know what is the significance of the percentile etc. But I am glad I ask the "forum" and gained some knowledge about it. Thanks to you.

I did three RN predictor exams. Both here on UWorld. I bought four of them-set of two. The first predictor exam, three weeks ago, I scored HIGH. The second predictor exam-I took it last week, I scored a "High Passing" and today, I did the third one, and I got borderline passing. I was devastated. And I begin to question myself. Because, I can not re-schedule my exam date anymore. I am approaching the end date of my ATT. So I am out of luck. My strategy right now, is to focus on my weakest areas, which are Maternal New Born and OB. And of course re-read and understand by heart all the rationales. I wrote down most of it and wants to keep re-writing it, but I figure I am out of time to do it-so the best thing to do is just-read it over and over again. memorize if I have to, and or know it by heart, so it will stick in my memory bank. I also use and try to read here and there using my Saunders book for comprehensive core content of any subject matter, and I randomly pick a disease that I figure may be on the NCLEX. I am memorizing a bunch of lab values-but confused on what values are close enough to what NCLEX is using.

In addition, I divide the total of questions I have left on UWorld and divide it by the total of days I have left to study, not counting the last two days prior to my NCLEX date. And my goal is to finish all questions before my big day and learn the rationales. I have attended a 10 day LIVE course at Rachelle Allen, and I also use their notes to study with. Daily I wake up at the crack of dawn and try to prepare for the day ahead. Eat breakfast, and study the whole day-answering questions, reading etc. I study both at home and at a nearby café, and come home around 4pm to make dinner and study again from 6pm until 12 midnight and wake up the next morning doing the same thing. I don't know if my daily routine is effective. My scores on each individual exams using UWorld Q banks varies. I started at a lower 40-50s, I have higher 60s, 70s, 80, and 90s respectively and my highest was a 100 (only because I redo all my incorrect ones and perfected the exam.

I am writing on this forum to simply ask anyone if they can help me analyze my study routine and help me out trying to analyze my UWorld scores-for I have no idea-whatsoever. But since you replied back, I am at peace. But please do tell if you have anymore input, suggestions or any comment. I'd like to hear about it.

Having that said, what do you think? I'd like to hear about it. Thank you for your time. I am testing in less than two weeks. So my anxiety is extremely high. Please pray for my passing and success! Thank you in advance!

-V-
edited by on 3/7/2019
edited by on 3/7/2019

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK