Sat major problem

9/19/2018 4:27:39 PM
I don’t understand why I tend to score better when doing each passage separately as compared to when I am doing 4 or 5 passages together?

11/9/2018 9:28:25 AM
hey, I experience the same problem, whenever I take full tests, I score very low in reading as well as writing and do a lot better when I solve them individually.

11/10/2018 10:28:51 AM
I think stamina plays a big role here. SAT tests demand a lot of focus and being focused takes up our energy. Whenever i do practice tests i score the highest on the first and the second passages. After that, the score gradually tumbles down.

2/5/2019 7:02:00 PM
This mostly happens because after a few minutes, your mind tends to wander of. So I think you should also try to increase your concentration

2/10/2019 10:44:03 PM
I tend to not have the patience to get through a passage and make very silly mistakes which explain why my english score is not as good.

4/8/2019 5:21:56 PM
I am so bad at grammar. I practice a lot but I seem to be going nowhere, any tips?

5/13/2019 10:23:35 PM
avkb840019 wrote:
I am so bad at grammar. I practice a lot but I seem to be going nowhere, any tips?

It genuinely comes down to just knowing the rules of the English language. Strongly recommend a book by College Panda on Amazon, "SAT Writing" Advanced Guide and Workbook 2nd Edition.

It's pretty lengthy but this has literally everything that could be on the writing section.

8/5/2019 6:14:42 PM
Hi,

I have been trying to improve my reading but I tend to keep failing. How can I improve? Is it better to skim the passage then answer or read the whole passage then answer?

8/6/2019 1:00:01 PM
kckw188831 wrote:
Hi,

I have been trying to improve my reading but I tend to keep failing. How can I improve? Is it better to skim the passage then answer or read the whole passage then answer?

For many students, Reading is the hardest section to improve upon because it can feel like there are no clear-cut formulas or methods to learn and because there are at least a few strategies that vary in effectiveness from one student to another. In terms of skimming versus reading thoroughly, for example, skimming is only effective if your skim still results in a general awareness of each paragraph's topic (which is something you could be underlining or writing beside the passage even during a skim); meanwhile, reading thoroughly is most effective if you're a fast enough reader to finish the passage and your notes on it without running out of time.

Regardless of your skill as a reader, though, there are some objective tips that will work for everyone. Most importantly, every single question has an objectively right answer that can be proven by the passage (usually by the passage saying using the same or very similar words to an answer choice in a context that matches the question itself). That means no answer should merely "sound right," nor should any choice just be "more right" than another one. As your going through our question bank, note the sort of evidence given for every right answer choice and the lack of evidence described in the explanations of the wrong answer choices; over time, you should start to notice that most of your mistakes come from assuming the passage said something it never literally said and that most of your right answers are right because there's one specific place in the passage that says so.

4/4/2020 1:54:52 PM
One problem is that when you click the letter and it doesn't go threw but you don't notice and click submit, it is omitted. I wish that there could be a way to tell use that we did not answer.

4/4/2020 2:00:52 PM
eudt812525 wrote:
hey, I experience the same problem, whenever I take full tests, I score very low in reading as well as writing and do a lot better when I solve them individually.

Same, but only for writing

4/6/2020 1:22:42 PM
i am having problems skimming threw the passage so sometimes i have to read it, any advice on skimming or help with reading faster?

4/6/2020 1:26:19 PM
eudt812525 wrote:

I do that for reading because my brain just wonders off in the middle of the passage.

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK