IMG, match 2019?!?!

3/8/2018 5:41:00 PM
Hey, I'm an IMG. I have my step1 scheduled on 2nd July, 2018. After that, I plan and intend to give 2Ck,CS by December, 2018. Is there any chance I could hook up with the match of 2019, March? Or is it too late? Shall I try next year? I'm so confused about this matching process. Please help.

3/10/2018 1:50:06 PM
libw372827 wrote:
Hey, I'm an IMG. I have my step1 scheduled on 2nd July, 2018. After that, I plan and intend to give 2Ck,CS by December, 2018. Is there any chance I could hook up with the match of 2019, March? Or is it too late? Shall I try next year? I'm so confused about this matching process. Please help.

It will be too late, because the program may be reached the deadlines or have completed the interviews. It will be better if you for the next year. Till that time you can have hands-on clinical experience which can make your application stronger

3/22/2018 2:26:48 AM
Do not bother applying for a residency without all your scores in as an IMG. You will be screened out by programs unless your step 1 score is phenomenal e.g. 265+ and you have significant US clinical experience.

Meaning you should have all your scores in by September 2018. Wait till the following years match (2020).

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK