What does rank mean?

9/14/2017 10:52:48 AM
I currently have about 900 questions left to do in the question bank. I currently am in the 33rd rank, but it says the median is 48th rank. Can someone tell me what this means? Am I doing poorly?? am I below average? I took the first assessment test and scored "borderline chance of passing" is this good?

9/14/2017 6:28:21 PM
The rank is a way for the system to tell you where you fall in terms of performance as compared to the overall median of 48th. The 48th is the cumulation of the scores for all the students who are using Uworld as their study material. At 33rd rank, you are currently below the median rank.

What many people generally agree on is that these numbers should not be taken too heavily as they are just a way for us to dictate what areas we need to put more study time in. The same can be said about the assessments. If you're scoring "borderline chance of passing" then the assessment is telling you that you are not quite ready yet and more practice should be implemented. This does not mean you will fail however. It is just a way to gauge where your strengths and weaknesses are and to study the areas that require more focus. If you still have a few weeks before your test, I would highly encourage you to continue practicing and then take your 2nd assessment to see how you do then.

Good luck!

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK