Nervous? Maybe my story will make help you relax!

5/21/2017 9:02:45 PM
I just passed NCLEX with 76 questions, and I'm not sure much was in my favor in the typical way. Due to an accident, two weeks before graduation, and 2 subsequent surgeries and countless hours in occupational therapy I didn't sit for NCLEX until 10 months after graduation. By the time my body had healed I felt so rusty and wondered how much I remembered from nursing school.

I used SimpleNursing.com as a refresher and watched nearly every video offered. I needed this since it had been quite a bit of time since school. I dabbled a little bit with Saunders NCLEX-RN examination and a few quizzes with ATI since that was what my school used. Most of my study time though was with UWorld and I cannot say enough good things about this program. Do every question and read every rational and you should be fine. Other programs give you an opportunity to quiz, but UWorld is the closest thing to NCLEX that you'll get. Pay attention to the rationals. Every one, even the ones that you get right.

My UWorld quizzes were always in 50-60% range. Both of my assessment tests were 50%. I was not a UWorld quiz star by any stretch of the word, but it taught me to prioritize, delegate, assess, ect.

My NCLEX started with about 15 SATA questions. I had one med calc. What felt like a lot of maternity, and then it shifted to delegation, prioritization, and triage questions. I had a ridiculously easy question about delegation of tasks to a UAP at question 74 and I thought for sure I was a goner because it felt too easy. The exam shut down at 76 and like everyone else reports, I was sure I failed.

I did the PVT and DID NOT GET THE GOOD POP UP! I was convinced there was no hope. I checked my state BON website and didn't find anything for my name.

49 hours (on a Sunday!) from starting the exam my quick results were ready and I was told I passed. It doesn't feel like I had any of the traditional markers of success in place, but I passed. If you find yourself in any of my stations, take hope! Do not psych yourself out!

5/21/2017 10:04:44 PM
πŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎ
I love your success story! It's really not about the scores so much as I thought. I would get so uptight when I wouldn't score as close to a 60% as possible. I will continue to do questions, give my all, and review the rationales

5/21/2017 10:30:33 PM
zvec942050 wrote:
πŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎ
I love your success story! It's really not about the scores so much as I thought. I would get so uptight when I wouldn't score as close to a 60% as possible. I will continue to do questions, give my all, and review the rationales

Absolutely keep going! I wanted the higher scores too, but looking back I think I'd look at each question like a brand new learning opportunity. Your score doesn't reflect the chance to learn/review a new concept and once you get it wrong the "score" never reflects the fact that you learned it, unless you get the exact same question again.

Best of luck!

5/21/2017 10:58:47 PM
Thank you for sharing!!!. This is what i needed it to hear. I am taking my test in 3 days so hearing your testimony give me hope. Good luck in your future career as a nurse.

5/23/2017 12:32:39 AM
vwot948227 wrote:
Thank you for sharing!!!. This is what i needed it to hear. I am taking my test in 3 days so hearing your testimony give me hope. Good luck in your future career as a nurse.

Best of luck!!!! Be confident! You've got this!

5/23/2017 1:04:10 AM
Thank you!!!

5/23/2017 1:46:30 PM
Thank you for sharing it really shined some light on the subject. I am scheduled to take the NCLEX in 4 days wish me luck.

5/24/2017 12:22:43 AM
klzv508906 wrote:
Thank you for sharing it really shined some light on the subject. I am scheduled to take the NCLEX in 4 days wish me luck.

Gooooooooooood luck!!!! I was exactly where you were about a week ago! The nerves are almost unbearable. You'll do great. Be confident and read each question carefully.

5/25/2017 10:25:10 AM
Thank you! I really needed this

5/25/2017 10:50:51 AM
CONGRATS!!! What a relief to hear your story! GOD BLESS YOU RN!

5/27/2017 7:30:00 PM
Congratulations! Reading this helped calm a little bit of nerves for me... I write in 4 days!! Taking deep breaths - inhaling positivity, and exhaling negativity!

6/3/2017 9:30:08 AM
God bless RNs! Mine is going to be on June 10. I feel nervous and excited at the same time. It's good to know that UWorld really is helpful in this test preparation.

6/3/2017 10:36:22 AM
xrwc461022,
I am taking my NCLEX June 10th as well. Good Luck!!! We will do great!

6/3/2017 11:54:34 PM
CONGRATS!! I have been borderline on both self assessments in the 26th and 33rd percentile so basically at a 50% both times. I test June 5th so I'm giving it to God. I'm going to stop doing practice questions tomorrow afternoon.

Thank you for sharing your story.

I am hopeful

6/4/2017 5:10:13 AM
degq249662 and cpqb852500,

Thank you and good luck! I think one important thing in the exam is to believe in yourself and be confident. Just keep on answering!

Post update guys on how it went.

Fighting!

6/4/2017 7:55:34 AM
Thank you for the encouragement! I will take your advice and will post after I PASSβ™‘ I have it to God so I have FAITH however it turns out it's meant to be that way!

Talk to you all soon!

6/8/2017 7:17:04 PM
xrwc461022 wrote:
degq249662 and cpqb852500,

Thank you and good luck! I think one important thing in the exam is to believe in yourself and be confident. Just keep on answering!

Post update guys on how it went.

Fighting!

Hello all, I just wanted to post about my situation. I graduated May 2017. I struggled with the exams in my program all the way to the end. I start using Uworld and Klimek yellow book I recieved from a friend right after I graduated. I studied uo to the June 5th NCLEX date. I got borderline on both assessments. I took one when I 1st subscribed and one on June 3rd. I took the NCLEX in 2.5hrs. Got 75. Did pvt pop up and got "on hold" results for the 1st 24hrs. I believe it was because they had internet issues that day. After 24hrs it switched to the "good pop up". At 48hrs I got my unofficial pass results. I feel so blessed to have had the opportunity to take this journey and learn how to become a safe and efficient nurse. But the journey has just begun. You can do it!! I gave it to God and he saw me throughβ™‘

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK