Cognitive Level of Questions

5/6/2017 3:40:15 PM
I've done over 500 questions thus far and have my exam on 5/31. Some of these questions are point blank easy but of course some you have to delve deep into your personal knowledge. I'm just wondering if all of the questions in the QBank are considered to be above the passing cognitive level considered by the NCLEX or if the cognitive levels of the questions are varied from below and above passing level. Thanks in advance.

5/6/2017 7:57:57 PM
uigz810583 wrote:
I've done over 500 questions thus far and have my exam on 5/31. Some of these questions are point blank easy but of course some you have to delve deep into your personal knowledge. I'm just wondering if all of the questions in the QBank are considered to be above the passing cognitive level considered by the NCLEX or if the cognitive levels of the questions are varied from below and above passing level. Thanks in advance.

In my opinion these questions are set similarly to the NCLEX. Obviously we do not know every thing. Some of the questions are quite basic. But others really require you to break down the question and try to understand what it is really asking.
It prepares you for this when the level of difficulty goes up on the day of the nclex, so that if a question is thrown at you and you have no idea what it is asking you are already used to breaking these types of questions down to arrive at the correct answer.
Read the rationales. Understand why the answer is what it is. UWORLD definitely prepares us for above passing level, which is what is required to be successful in the NCLEX.

5/6/2017 9:11:19 PM
I just took the NCLEX only days ago. Uworld prepares you above passing level. As you are taking the exam the only intimidation is wondering if you should have received more challenging questions. Because the hard questions won't be there....or what Uworld makes you believe is a "hard" question won't be there. You are tested as entry level nurse with one days of experience. That's what I saw for every question. Fundamentals....basic medical surgical nursing. That's Nclex .... Or at least that's what I saw...and I only used uworld.

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK