Percentage goal

11/10/2015 3:18:00 PM
melika wrote:
I have taken NCLEX twice and usd Kaplan and Pearson Vue review, got NEAR PASS both times. I have done the Saunders Review and I was told about UWorld about a week ago. U World by far is the closest thing to the actual NCLEX, it has EKG and very hard questions just like I got on NCLEX. I take test again in week and feel confident bc of Uworld, no other review came close to it.

Hi Melika,
I am writing NCLEX in 3 weeks and failed once with same results as you mentioned near passing standards . Just wondering if you can share whether you passed your nclex and would you say that world helped you in it.
Thanks ,
Jas

11/30/2015 3:01:01 PM
Jaswant8343645 wrote:
melika wrote:
I have taken NCLEX twice and usd Kaplan and Pearson Vue review, got NEAR PASS both times. I have done the Saunders Review and I was told about UWorld about a week ago. U World by far is the closest thing to the actual NCLEX, it has EKG and very hard questions just like I got on NCLEX. I take test again in week and feel confident bc of Uworld, no other review came close to it.

Hi Melika,
I am writing NCLEX in 3 weeks and failed once with same results as you mentioned near passing standards . Just wondering if you can share whether you passed your nclex and would you say that world helped you in it.
Thanks ,
Jas

Can't answer for that person but for me, Uworld and Lacharity Priority are what got me to pass. I had the percentages needed to pass nclex from Kaplan, Hurst, Saunders, and 10k... failed. Uworld and Lacharity and passed in 75. I was near passing on every category the first time I failed.

8/24/2016 4:04:14 PM
I am using the Saunders comprehensive review, written the NCLEX once and failed with a "near". UWORLD is definitely the closest thing to the real exam. A lot of their questions are harder then what I faced on the actual test.

8/24/2016 5:05:43 PM
I just took my nclex this morning and am waiting for my results. I had an average of 58%, and 60% when I finished going over all the incorrect questions. I am praying to God that I passed. The machine turned off at 90 questions.. probably had about 10 SATA and 4 drag and drop. ahh!

8/27/2016 3:23:58 PM
I know someone who used UWorld and was getting around 58%, she passed NCLEX first try with 75 questions.
I used Kaplan on my first NCLEX and was near pass with 265 questions. Hoping UWorld does the trick... definitely feel like I'm learning more content through the rationales than I ever did watching Kaplan content videos.

8/29/2016 2:28:38 AM
I watched a youtube video from Uworld talking about their test bank and at the end of the presentation the gentleman was showing the statistics of passing. Nothing guaranteed I am guessing but he said that based on survey as long as you do more than 1,200 questions and above 56 or 58 percent (don't remember the exact number) that you have a 90% chance of passing. Again, this is what I gathered from their youtube video. You can look at it is called uworld nclex facebook group webinar. 90% is not 100% but its a pretty good number for me

8/29/2016 2:49:08 AM
I think the reason why people are passing with UWORLD is because of learning how to do priority, obtaining information, and just ....um...something else. lol.

9/22/2016 8:30:09 PM
I am getting 50% and some 60% mostly between 50 ad 60. Is this good? Have others got in the range and did well on NCLEX. I feel this is so close to the nclex. I took it first time and failed and go soon to take it again. I was told about uworld after i failed the first time. Please give me some insite?

9/22/2016 9:39:00 PM
ofkh761683 wrote:
I am getting 50% and some 60% mostly between 50 ad 60. Is this good? Have others got in the range and did well on NCLEX. I feel this is so close to the nclex. I took it first time and failed and go soon to take it again. I was told about uworld after i failed the first time. Please give me some insite?

I took my NCLEX two weeks ago and I passed. I was aiming to score above the national average which could vary depending on the test given to you. U World is by far the best Q Bank that I have used...its better than Saunders to me. They are challenging questions and the rationals were awesome.

9/23/2016 1:31:46 AM
I did all of the UWORLD questions and finished with a 57%. I got all 265 questions and wont know until tomorrow if I passed or not. Scared to death.

9/23/2016 5:33:51 PM
I am getting above the average on almost all of them but my overall so far is 52% I am not sure that is good? I have done 800 questions

10/4/2016 10:04:42 PM
gdfb481933 wrote:
I know someone who used UWorld and was getting around 58%, she passed NCLEX first try with 75 questions.
I used Kaplan on my first NCLEX and was near pass with 265 questions. Hoping UWorld does the trick... definitely feel like I'm learning more content through the rationales than I ever did watching Kaplan content videos.

did you pass it?

10/5/2016 2:19:18 PM
Bendi wrote:
I want to know too. Has anyone taken the NCLEX after using this bank? I want to know how it turned out.
edited by on 5/19/2015

I follow simple nursing on FB and this is all anyone talks about when passing the NCLEX... Ive seen people say they try everything and this helps them the most.

10/29/2016 12:39:34 PM
ofkh761683 wrote:
I am getting above the average on almost all of them but my overall so far is 52% I am not sure that is good? I have done 800 questions

Same thing. I got 54-55 % before making wrong questions, 60 percentile rank. I did 1700. I need 200 questions more and many wrong questions. After that, I will take an exam.
What do you think? Thank you.
edited by on 11/27/2016

11/15/2016 3:12:23 PM
Stacie94469837 wrote:
This is what I received from UWorld hope it helps:
[Thank you for contacting UWorld Support.

We typically advise that our users aim for at least 60% of correct answers achieved through a full pass of our Qbank. However, UWorld can not guarantee that any particular percentage score on our products will result in a passing score on the actual NCLEX Exam.

The "average score" that is displayed while reviewing an individual test reflects the average score of all other users that have taken that same test.

Feel free to contact us if you have any other concerns.

Thank you,
UWorld Support Team
edited by on 6/16/2015

11/15/2016 3:14:01 PM
Hiii, My name is Dahimy and I will like to know if anybody here knows what the percentile rank means? Thank you

11/15/2016 6:10:40 PM
ygms663228 wrote:
Hiii, My name is Dahimy and I will like to know if anybody here knows what the percentile rank means? Thank you

You can see it the left column on your page Uworld Qbank in "HELP"

12/17/2016 12:54:25 AM
Hello Everyone!

First I want to let you all know that you can do this! Here are some quick tips to help you raise your score.

1) Know your content- Until you are able to teach another person, you do not know your material. I am not saying know every single detail but the GENERAL concepts of diseases, procedures and safety measures. If you find yourself scoring low week after week, take a step back and use these materials:
A) HURST- by far the best content easy to understand. I played this in my car while driving to work and back, at night, around the house...nearly every day. I recommend listening to her first passively, then ACTIVELY ( take your notes, ask a friend to test you, be DILIGENT!) This is like your bible saunders book but a quicker, down to the point, less boring and actually FUNNY! Marlene hurst is the best.
B) Mark Klimek - this is for general key concepts and test taking strategies- keeps it simple and easy to understand. We are not taking the nclex to know every single detail, or to know every drug and its existence but we should know what everyone else knows! ex: Explain to me in your own words what does diabetes mean? why do they experience polyuria, polydipsia, polyphagia? What happens to their blood sugar when they are sick? WHY? What is DKA and what should the nurse be most concern about? I bet 100% you will get a diabetes question on your exam, if not labelled verbatim diabetes, but something along the lines like "sick day rules", foot care of a diabetes, client experiencing hypoglycemia, etc. Remember we are not here to memorize a damn list of signs and symptoms of diseases, drugs, etc. There are things you NEED to know, there are things that are NICE to know, and the rest is NUTS to know. Get what you NEED to know and move on.

C) Optional: Lippincott Q & A- Do not do the entire book, if you're weak on certain systems test those systems immediately AFTER listening to Hurst. Go over rationales and understand it completely, then move on. If you have extra time do ALL comprehensive test 1-6 ( 185-200 questions EACH, I did 3/6 and it wasn't easy)

To finalize everything, go on the computer and start using UWORLD. 75 questions a day yes that is what I said do not overdo it and underdo it. Keep it simple. The next day take another 75q and review the previous 75 Qs.

Minor: It is proven that we retain more at night perhaps its because its the last thing we see before we go into a deep slumber from a hard day of studying. Therefore, quickly look over the 35 page handout on all nurses and tackle it down one day at a time.

Realistically, if you are looking for a formula to pass nclex there is none. EACH scenario is different on the exam there are over 10,000 plus questions it is more of a mental endurance. Know your material, use your critical thinking skills, remember to incorporate safety in all that you do! before clicking next, remember what you send is the " one and done" " here and now" answer your sending off to nclex land.

Test your test taking skills even when you have no clue what is going on:

Who should the LPN check?
A. A patient with angina with a crushing substernal chest pain who is admitted 1 day ago who is on nitroglycerin.
B A patient with a sub- total thyroidectomy 3 days ago that says " why are they watching elephants in the room in the parking lot?"

Reply and I will provide the correct answer.

12/21/2016 2:26:09 PM
The answer is A
vwvs160392 wrote:
Hello Everyone!

First I want to let you all know that you can do this! Here are some quick tips to help you raise your score.

1) Know your content- Until you are able to teach another person, you do not know your material. I am not saying know every single detail but the GENERAL concepts of diseases, procedures and safety measures. If you find yourself scoring low week after week, take a step back and use these materials:
A) HURST- by far the best content easy to understand. I played this in my car while driving to work and back, at night, around the house...nearly every day. I recommend listening to her first passively, then ACTIVELY ( take your notes, ask a friend to test you, be DILIGENT!) This is like your bible saunders book but a quicker, down to the point, less boring and actually FUNNY! Marlene hurst is the best.
B) Mark Klimek - this is for general key concepts and test taking strategies- keeps it simple and easy to understand. We are not taking the nclex to know every single detail, or to know every drug and its existence but we should know what everyone else knows! ex: Explain to me in your own words what does diabetes mean? why do they experience polyuria, polydipsia, polyphagia? What happens to their blood sugar when they are sick? WHY? What is DKA and what should the nurse be most concern about? I bet 100% you will get a diabetes question on your exam, if not labelled verbatim diabetes, but something along the lines like "sick day rules", foot care of a diabetes, client experiencing hypoglycemia, etc. Remember we are not here to memorize a damn list of signs and symptoms of diseases, drugs, etc. There are things you NEED to know, there are things that are NICE to know, and the rest is NUTS to know. Get what you NEED to know and move on.

C) Optional: Lippincott Q & A- Do not do the entire book, if you're weak on certain systems test those systems immediately AFTER listening to Hurst. Go over rationales and understand it completely, then move on. If you have extra time do ALL comprehensive test 1-6 ( 185-200 questions EACH, I did 3/6 and it wasn't easy)

To finalize everything, go on the computer and start using UWORLD. 75 questions a day yes that is what I said do not overdo it and underdo it. Keep it simple. The next day take another 75q and review the previous 75 Qs.

Minor: It is proven that we retain more at night perhaps its because its the last thing we see before we go into a deep slumber from a hard day of studying. Therefore, quickly look over the 35 page handout on all nurses and tackle it down one day at a time.

Realistically, if you are looking for a formula to pass nclex there is none. EACH scenario is different on the exam there are over 10,000 plus questions it is more of a mental endurance. Know your material, use your critical thinking skills, remember to incorporate safety in all that you do! before clicking next, remember what you send is the " one and done" " here and now" answer your sending off to nclex land.

A. A patient with angina with a crushing substernal chest pain who is admitted 1 day ago who is on nitroglycerin.
B A patient with a sub- total thyroidectomy 3 days ago that says " why are they watching elephants in the room in the parking lot?"

12/21/2016 3:12:27 PM
vwvs160392 wrote:
Hello Everyone!

Thank you. Can you tell about your percentage in UWORLD?
edited by on 12/21/2016

3/17/2017 7:26:40 PM

Nrah807669- Can you provide your thinking process to the answer please? Answer is B

Rationale:
A. This patient has angina - experiencing the typical symptoms such as chest pain the answer does not indicate unstable or stable angina, however this is admitted 1 day ago who is given nitroglycerin - the client is given medication to help relieve his/ her symptoms. STABLE. I know what you're thinking: crushing substernal chest pain, that sounds bad but it's expected for this patient!
B. A subtotal thyroidectomy- let's pretend you have no idea what this even means, if we had to use general knowledge the only thing we can see here is Thyroid and - ECTOMY- basic medical terminology- removal of your thyroids A patient is saying to you after this procedure that they see elephants in the parking lot, is this normal? ask yourself, my patient JUST had a surgery to the thyroid now saying he/she sees things....that should be an ALERT to you something's not right altered mental status. ( thyroidectomy-thyroid storm-delirium)

Hope that helps! sorry for the delay.

[quote=nrah807669]The answer is A
edited by on 3/27/2017

3/17/2017 7:27:42 PM
uvtu130286 wrote:
vwvs160392 wrote:
Hello Everyone!

Thank you. Can you tell about your percentage in UWORLD?
edited by on 12/21/2016

Hi,
60's

5/11/2017 9:56:55 PM
vwvs160392
Hi. Hope all is well.
I read your explanation for the question BUT I don't understand. Wouldn't the answer be A? B is an unstable patient(LOC) who needs more intervention and should be delegated only to the RN for further assessment. The LPN wouldn't be able to assess that. And A is a stable patient. LPNs, I thought can handle stable patients.

P.S. I might need you as a studying partner, the way that question is set up is soooo tricky. WOW!

8/27/2017 8:59:26 PM
I wanted to share my NCLEX experience using UWORLD.
I LOVE UWORLD!!!

I failed the NCLEX-RN the first time I took it, I had 233 questions. I was using just Kaplan to prepare because that is what my nursing program told me to do. I used Kaplan for a month monday-friday before my exam. In my opinion Kaplan did not help me or prepare me at all. It killed my confidence. After I failed my friend told me about UWORLD and I loved it. The explanations are a thousand times better than Kaplan.

I PASSED the NCLEX-RN the second time I took it, I had 88 questions and I only used UWORLD to prepare!! I studied for three weeks, every single day, for about five hours a day. I was very confident after studying with UWORLD that I was actually excited to take the NCLEX again. I was not confident at all after studying from Kaplan.

My advice is to use UWORLD and do as many questions as you can from the Q-Bank before your exam. Spend a lot of reviewing the explanations to the questions, even the ones you get right!
I completed 1,265 questions from the Q-bank in three weeks with 695 questions left in the Q-bank. I had an overall score of 55% in the 53rd percentile rank. Don't let your scores scare you... what matters more is that you're thoroughly reading the explanations and understanding why you got the questions wrong. Read the explanations to the questions they will help you so much!!!

I took the first NCLEX-RN assessment three weeks before my exam. On the first NCLEX-RN self-assessment I got 48% in the 25th percentile ranking with a "borderline" chance of passing. I took the second NCLEX-RN self-assessment about 5 days before my exam and I acted like I was taking the actual NCLEX. I got a 56% in the 54th percentile ranking with a high chance of passing.

UWORLD also has a tutor mode unlike Kaplan. This allows you to take a practice quiz and receive the explanations and correct questions as you answer each question.

UWORLD was also significantly cheaper to purchase than Kaplan. Kaplan was billed into my nursing program for $500 whereas WORLD was $80 dollars for a month.

I highly recommend using UWORLD in preparation for the NCLEX-RN.

11/6/2017 5:33:54 PM
I don't write reviews, but reading people's nclex experience and what they did before taking the exam really helped me.

Background.
I'm from Brazil, therefore English is not my first language, but I've been living in the US for 8 years.
I got a few A's and mostly B's on my prerequisites, but during nursing school it was all B's.

The prep courses I used.
I bought Kaplan ( around $400) because a representative went to my school and convinced us they were the best. Kaplan has difficult questions, naturally making you question why the right answer is right answer, but the explanations are far too short, or simply states that the other 3 options are "not the priority" or "not the best choice."
After realizing Kaplan wasn't helping me learn and making me feel like there was no way I could pass the nclex, I went online and read many reviews about how uworld had great explanations. So I decided to purchase uworld for one month ($80 so much cheaper!!!!)

Uworld.
I did about 1300 questions and averaged about 58% on the qbank.
I took the self assessment test 1 two days before my test. Got 56% right of 69 questions (bc I ran out of time) which put me in the 48% percentile, high chance of passing.
I took the self assessment test 2 the day before the test. Got 59% right, which put me in the 64% percentile, very high chance of passing.

The nclex.
Never, ever, ever would I have thought I would be one of the people who gets 75 questions and the computer shuts off, but that happened.
I still have a hard time understanding the Computerized Adaptive System (CAT). I thought you needed to get all 60 questions right (15 of them are experimental questions, they don't count as passing or failing) for the computer to shut off.
Med questions. Uworld has 200 something questions on medications and I did not take any of them, although I did get some med questions under cardio, resp, and other categories. During the nclex I got 7 or 8 questions about meds, and I did not know any of them.
So, I hope this helps you in some way. I walked out of the nclex thinking I either did my worse or my best. I simply hoped I passed because I got about 20 select all that apply.

Try your best to stay calm, breath, take your time, eleminate the other 3 answers, and move on.
I tried to think over and over again that many people pass this test, 5+ million people are nurses in this country, most of them went through the same process. “They did it, and I can do it too.” If not on the first try, perhaps the second, or third.

pages: 1 2 3

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK