Domestic violence case

6/10/2014 7:00:44 PM
good day everyone,

my cs exam is in 8 days. can anyone pls post a SAMPLE PATIENT NOTE OF AN ABUSE CASE? (wife and/or elderly; at least an HPI). not sure what to write down at the HPI space.

i have been trying hard to look for one, both FA and uworld don't have PN samples for this specific case.

any help is greatly appreciated
thank you very much
edited by on 6/10/2014

6/10/2014 9:36:29 PM
CC: Fatigue, weakness, abdominal pain for 2 months
HPI: 29 yo F states has intermittent abdominal pain for 2 months. It can last hours to days and is migratory to all 4 Q. Described as cramps, mild to severe in nature. Better when she takes Ativan, worse with arguing with her son's father. No diarrhea, vomiting, anorexia, fever, dysuria, or jaundice .
Denies SOB or chest pain. She denies feeling sad, feeling hopeless or guilty.
Allergies: none
Meds: OCP, Ativan
PMH: no prior episodes, Hop/surg= fracture orbit from fall 2 years ago.H/o idiopathic retroperitoneal hemorrhage last year.
ROS: Has not been sleeping well, no recent change in weight.
FH: no h/o bleeding disorger
SX: Active, one partner. No h/o STD. LMP 2 wks ago NL. G2P2.
SH: lives with son. Son's father in household about 1/2 time. Stressed over relationship. + Smokes. -dugs/alcohol.

6/11/2014 11:54:10 AM
i see what you did, so i just go ahead and write down the regular Hx about the HPI and open up a bit about the relationship with the partner. The rest of the SAFEGUARD mnemonic i lump it together with the Social History.

thanks a lot

6/11/2014 2:13:00 PM
how about this, let me know what u think?

29 YO F WITH A 2-MO HX OF MODERATE TO SEVERE, DIFFUSE, CRAMPY ABDOMINAL PAIN.
ALSO PRESENTS WITH ANTERIOR ABDOMINAL BRUISING. ADMITS TO BEING PHYSICALLY ABUSED BY PARTNER. DENIES ANY CHANGES IN MOOD, NO SUICIDAL INTENT.
(i continue with the rest of the hx then on the SH..)

SH: HAS POOR RELATIONSHIP WITH PARTNER, FEARS FOR OWN SAFETY, GUNS KEPT AT HOME, PARTNER ABUSES ALCOHOL AND DRUGS.

6/11/2014 4:45:43 PM
This patient didn't admit to being abused until you see bruises on her body, I mean in the h/o the patient , she didn't say anything about her bruises. You can mention bruises in physical exam part. At this point if you want to ask all questions about SAFEGUARD mnemonic you lose counseling and closing, but you can talk about abuse during closure and say to pt. I can help keep you safe and I am here to help and after patient admit abuse , you can say no one has the right to hurt you, we have a counselor to help, do you have a safe place, this is a list of the shelters.....

6/11/2014 5:23:58 PM
i guess being able to ask about abuse questions depends on how your interview unfolded. but i see your point. During the PE and Closure would probably be the best. the counseling points remain the same regardless.
good stuff.
thanks a lot

6/20/2014 1:59:28 AM
this is mainly a counseling situation you have to tend to the patients needs and cover SAFEGARD

2/15/2022 6:46:10 AM
The topic of domestic violence is quite serious. And it is worth paying special attention to.

2/15/2022 7:07:52 AM
You're right, domestic violence is very serious. Very often people do not admit that they have been subjected to it. I have found a lot of papers about it https://papersowl.com/examples/domestic-violence/ and I want to write my own research paper on the impact of domestic violence on society. I was very affected about the growing problem of school violence and unfortunately it is quite common today. There is a lot of useful information in the sample essays that will be helpful to me.

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK