My NCLEX Experience

1/19/2023 8:11:50 PM
I took the NCLEX a few days ago and without the help of UWorld I do not think I would have passed. The format is very similiar to the layout of the NCLEX. I did the whole Qbank and then went through questions I had flagged and got wrong. I also did two self assessments. The first one I was in the 67 percentile and the second one I was in the 91 percentile. My Qbank score was 62%. I took the NCLEX and passed in 80 questions! I only spent 5-6 hours studying a day for 2 weeks. It really is not as bad as it seems if you put in the work. Do 75 questions and take it off tutor mode to get used to the NCLEX. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Good luck with study!

1/28/2023 5:48:26 PM
Hey there, first I want to say CONGRATS!!!! Are you a licensed nurse now?? HELL YES! That's so sick, happy for you.

Also, thank you for sharing your experience! That's good to know- that UWorld actually does help students trying to pass the NCLEX.

If you don't mind, I think ill take you up on your offer of answering a handful of questions...

#1 - Did you take the NCLEX-RN/the NCLEX-PN?

#2. - Did you study solely from the UWorld question bank? If so, would you say you already had a lot of knowledge before even starting to study UW? Or would you say that you really got pretty much all of your knowledge that you used on the NCLEX from UW? Only asking because I'm wondering if I should supplement my UW studying with outside study materials or if you think that UW is 100% enough.

#3. - Also, did you take/activate one of the UW exams that come with UW purchase before studying at all so you could know where your weak areas are? Or Did you wait until you had studied quite a bit and then take/activate a UW exam after studying???

#4. - And one more question for the road if you don't mind lol- When I took my exit HESI at my college, I had been studying Saunders question bank and had been through quite a large number of quizlets that seemed to have stripped their questions from the Saunders qbanks. This was something that I found helped quite a lot as I recognized ~25+ questions on my 110 question HESI as questions that I had studied and memorized in the Saunders qbanks. I don't mean that they were over somewhat similar content or even that they were worded in a similar fashion... I mean they were word-for-word exactly the same. Same numbers/values within the recognized questions, same situations, etc. SO.. my last question for you is- is it the same fort the NCLEX-RN/PN and UWorld qbanks?? Did you notice questions from UW as being the same as those you saw on the NCLEX? Or did you only notice vaguely similar content and that was the extent of the similarities???

Thanks so much for reading through this, I appreciate your time and again, C O N G R A T S !!!

1/28/2023 6:10:19 PM
thsf380752 wrote:
Hey there, first I want to say CONGRATS!!!! Are you a licensed nurse now?? HELL YES! That's so sick, happy for you.

Also, thank you for sharing your experience! That's good to know- that UWorld actually does help students trying to pass the NCLEX.

If you don't mind, I think ill take you up on your offer of answering a handful of questions...

#1 - Did you take the NCLEX-RN/the NCLEX-PN?

RN!

#2. - Did you study solely from the UWorld question bank? If so, would you say you already had a lot of knowledge before even starting to study UW? Or would you say that you really got pretty much all of your knowledge that you used on the NCLEX from UW? Only asking because I'm wondering if I should supplement my UW studying with outside study materials or if you think that UW is 100% enough.

-just UW! I found it to be all I needed.

#3. - Also, did you take/activate one of the UW exams that come with UW purchase before studying at all so you could know where your weak areas are? Or Did you wait until you had studied quite a bit and then take/activate a UW exam after studying???

I activated the first quiz like 1 week into studying and then the second one 4 days before my exam to see where I needed to brush up on certain areas

#4. - And one more question for the road if you don't mind lol- When I took my exit HESI at my college, I had been studying Saunders question bank and had been through quite a large number of quizlets that seemed to have stripped their questions from the Saunders qbanks. This was something that I found helped quite a lot as I recognized ~25+ questions on my 110 question HESI as questions that I had studied and memorized in the Saunders qbanks. I don't mean that they were over somewhat similar content or even that they were worded in a similar fashion... I mean they were word-for-word exactly the same. Same numbers/values within the recognized questions, same situations, etc. SO.. my last question for you is- is it the same fort the NCLEX-RN/PN and UWorld qbanks?? Did you notice questions from UW as being the same as those you saw on the NCLEX? Or did you only notice vaguely similar content and that was the extent of the similarities???

-not same questions but some similar
Content areas! I wouldn’t say the questions were the same but the layout was!
Thanks so much for reading through this, I appreciate your time and again, C O N G R A T S !!!

Thank you and good luck

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK