Passed Nclex in 75 with borderline assessment-CA

5/6/2022 1:58:19 PM
Hello, future RNs,
I promise myself that I will post my Nclex experience here after I pass Nclex. My location is California. I was an above-average student in my nursing program; I got mostly As, and a few Bs, mostly level 2 proctored. I graduated at the beginning of April 2022, I took my Nclex on May 4, 2022. I got my RN license on May 5, 2022, around 11-11:15 pm. My school was ATI heavy and I also did Greenlight with VATI while using Uworld for my Nclex. My Uworld performance was not too well, I finished the entire qbank and got a 53% average, and my first assessment was 57% which put me in borderline passing range. I took the assessment just a week before my Nclex, and I was worrying and almost reschedule because almost all my friends did well on the first assessment. I started to panic and search if anyone had similar experiences like mine and still pass Nclex. And I found many!!! Some of them suggested that redo all the incorrect questions and write them down to help yourself to remember and understand; so I did, and it really helped out a lot!!! I also studied the famous Mark K since I was still in school.
My Nclex exam was very very very hard for me and very challenging, I took my sweet time sitting there and thinking and thinking and thinking, and I had a mental breakdown during my exam because I almost couldn't use any Mark K method to answer them. Mark K did help a little bit, I would say it's about 5%. But mostly, my exam was very Uworld-based, the prioritized questions are very like Uworld and they were the portion that I remembered did not do too well in my Uworld qbank.
I was crying after I finished my exam for 4 hours and felt that I was the worst, the dumbest in the world. I thought I fail because I only got very little SATA, I think I only got 10 to 12 SATA, so when my screen shut off on 75, I felt dead inside. And I had to finish the experiment survey for the next generation, my eyes were watery and confused while trying to answer these case studies.
Then after 4 hours cried out, I didn't have the gut to try Pearson Vue Trick, it was my buddy who did it for me, and the moment he told me that it was a "Good pop-up", I was crying and screaming at the Costco gas line because I couldn't believe it. Then I went home and did it again and again and again to convince myself that I might actually pass it.
Then my name with my license number was on BRN the next day after my Nclex. I want to encourage people through my experience to understand that the scores you got in Uworld performance don't define your success in Nclex, it is a tool to help you to determine your general preparedness status. I had around 1000 incorrect questions a week before my Nclex, and I remediate them every day and wrote them down by using my own words. I had around 650 incorrect questions still in my qbank the day I took my Nclex. I didn't even do the second assessment because I rather do 100 remediations instead of getting more depressed since I did not do too well on my first assessment. And I passed Nclex with 75 questions!!! Now I do feel Greenlight had helped out for my based understanding but Uworld helped me out the most and helped me pass Nclex!!! I made it, I can do it, and so can you!!!

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK