PASSED NCLEX AFTER GETTING 40's in UWORLD ASSESSME

4/23/2022 5:19:50 PM
I felt so unprepared for my NCLEX RN exam after scoring 45-47 in all my uworld assessments. However, I went into my exam after much prayer, and passed! God is so good!

The Uworld app is the ultimate study guide for NCLEX. While the questions in Uworld are much harder than the actual exam (in my opinion), the app prepares you fully to respond to all question types.

This app is amazing. It was all I used in my preparation. I am an internationally trained nurse who graduated nursing school in 2013, and did my exam in March, 2022.

Best of luck to all who will be taking your exams. Use the Uworld as much as you can, and get as many hours in as you can. Success is yours in Jesus name.

4/26/2022 3:02:05 PM
Thank you so much for the input! I just got my ATT and now scheduling to take my test.

Can you give some insights about your study tips? How long did you study for? How many questions/day? Did you do the test system by system or did you do it all in one sitting? Were you taking notes or you are creating your own flashcards? Sorry I know a lot of questions but I just got UWorld and trying to get used to the platform.

Thank you for your input.

4/26/2022 3:18:08 PM
Congratulations! All the very best in your exam.

Unfortunately, I did not do as many questions or as much studying as I needed to, because of my other studies and work schedule. On average, I did about 100 questions on a good day, and I had 2 separate one month subscriptions on the app. So I did the exam in March, and I got the app in January for one month, then renewed at the end of February for another month. At first I studied system by system, but that did not work for me. What I found helpful was to just do questions from all systems. The only aspect that I separated was the pharmacology, as it helped to determine whether they were asking about the drug, or the condition.

What was really very helpful, was writing my own study cards. Although I had made flash cards while using the app, I did not have time to get back to them. However, when I wrote my own flash cards I was able to carry those around with me everywhere, and whenever I got even a 5 minute break, I would do as many of those flash cards as I could.

I hope this helps.

4/26/2022 5:34:18 PM
lnnp575110 wrote:
Congratulations! All the very best in your exam.

Unfortunately, I did not do as many questions or as much studying as I needed to, because of my other studies and work schedule. On average, I did about 100 questions on a good day, and I had 2 separate one month subscriptions on the app. So I did the exam in March, and I got the app in January for one month, then renewed at the end of February for another month. At first I studied system by system, but that did not work for me. What I found helpful was to just do questions from all systems. The only aspect that I separated was the pharmacology, as it helped to determine whether they were asking about the drug, or the condition.

What was really very helpful, was writing my own study cards. Although I had made flash cards while using the app, I did not have time to get back to them. However, when I wrote my own flash cards I was able to carry those around with me everywhere, and whenever I got even a 5 minute break, I would do as many of those flash cards as I could.

I hope this helps.

Thank you so much! This is really helpful!

2/14/2023 1:25:11 AM
HIII FUTURE NURSES!!!!! I am writing this to send words of encouragement for your upcoming NCLEX-RN exam and to believe in yourself. Reading other posts really helped me and I wanted to do the same for someone else.
I graduated nursing school in Dec 2022 and didn't start studying for nlcex until first week of Jan 2023. My school had exit HESI so that helped me with what to do study and where to focus my study content on.

ANYWAYS.... my UWORLD test scores: well... not the best compared to others. I completed 1491 questions (69% used) and my overall bank score was 55%. I had 2 self assessments, the first one I took Tuesday, Feb 7th. Keep in mind my test was scheduled, Friday Feb 10th. I got 59% HIGH chance of passing. THEN next day Wednesday, I took another self assessment and got 50% LOW chance of passing.... This killed all my confidence and really upped up my anxiety.

I really thought I wasn't capable of passing. My issue was that I wouldn't take the time to REALLY read the question and answer options throughly. NCLEX is easier than Uworld so as long as you're doing practice questions and reading the rationales, YOU WILL BE OKAY!!! DO NOT LET YOUR ANXIETY GET TO YOU.

I also listened and took notes from the 12 Mark K lectures. I really took my time with those and did one a day and actually took hand-written notes while I listened and reviewed those notes by myself then had one of my family members test me for what I learned that day.

DAY BEFORE EXAM:
Okay so I have really BAD anxiety and when Im not reviewing or doing questions, I really start to overthink and feel guilty like I'm not doing enough. SOOO AFTER all the advice of not to do anything the day before your exam, I did NOT listen. Was it a mistake??? possibly as I took a Kaplan CAT test and got a RED overall (which is bad lol) and really got in my head like wtf am I doing. Especially with my previous scored being GREEN overall.

SOOOO if you're going to do something the day before your exam I really just recommend reviewing your notes and IF you do end up doing questions or any practice exam, DO NOT ALLOW YOUR SCORE (good or bad) get in your head. Then go do something for yourself, something you enjoy for the rest of day. Try to sleep early and eat healthy. I literally went to sleep 10 o'clock and woke up every 2 hours out of nervousness until 6am.

I did the full 145 questions and really made sure to take my time to read the question and take breaks when needed. I did the pop up trick later that day and got a GOOD pop up. Tonight officially I got my exam scores and PASSED.

I PROMISE YOU, IF I CAN DO IT.. SO CAN YOU!!!!!!!! believe in yourself. You aren't going to know everything and that is okay. You know enough. YOU ARE STRONG, SMART, AND CAPABLE!!!!

MAKE NCLEX your B******!!!! good luck sending positive vibes to anyone who is reading this

1/29/2024 1:29:39 PM
otvf771378 wrote:
HIII FUTURE NURSES!!!!! I am writing this to send words of encouragement for your upcoming NCLEX-RN exam and to believe in yourself. Reading other posts really helped me and I wanted to do the same for someone else.
I graduated nursing school in Dec 2022 and didn't start studying for nlcex until first week of Jan 2023. My school had exit HESI so that helped me with what to do study and where to focus my study content on.

ANYWAYS.... my UWORLD test scores: well... not the best compared to others. I completed 1491 questions (69% used) and my overall bank score was 55%. I had 2 self assessments, the first one I took Tuesday, Feb 7th. Keep in mind my test was scheduled, Friday Feb 10th. I got 59% HIGH chance of passing. THEN next day Wednesday, I took another self assessment and got 50% LOW chance of passing.... This killed all my confidence and really upped up my anxiety.

I really thought I wasn't capable of passing. My issue was that I wouldn't take the time to REALLY read the question and answer options throughly. NCLEX is easier than Uworld so as long as you're doing practice questions and reading the rationales, YOU WILL BE OKAY!!! DO NOT LET YOUR ANXIETY GET TO YOU.

I also listened and took notes from the 12 Mark K lectures. I really took my time with those and did one a day and actually took hand-written notes while I listened and reviewed those notes by myself then had one of my family members test me for what I learned that day.

DAY BEFORE EXAM:
Okay so I have really BAD anxiety and when Im not reviewing or doing questions, I really start to overthink and feel guilty like I'm not doing enough. SOOO AFTER all the advice of not to do anything the day before your exam, I did NOT listen. Was it a mistake??? possibly as I took a Kaplan CAT test and got a RED overall (which is bad lol) and really got in my head like wtf am I doing. Especially with my previous scored being GREEN overall.

SOOOO if you're going to do something the day before your exam I really just recommend reviewing your notes and IF you do end up doing questions or any practice exam, DO NOT ALLOW YOUR SCORE (good or bad) get in your head. Then go do something for yourself, something you enjoy for the rest of day. Try to sleep early and eat healthy. I literally went to sleep 10 o'clock and woke up every 2 hours out of nervousness until 6am.

I did the full 145 questions and really made sure to take my time to read the question and take breaks when needed. I did the pop up trick later that day and got a GOOD pop up. Tonight officially I got my exam scores and PASSED.

I PROMISE YOU, IF I CAN DO IT.. SO CAN YOU!!!!!!!! believe in yourself. You aren't going to know everything and that is okay. You know enough. YOU ARE STRONG, SMART, AND CAPABLE!!!!

MAKE NCLEX your B******!!!! good luck sending positive vibes to anyone who is reading this

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK