Out of school for 9 years.

9/28/2018 5:26:28 PM
I took NCLEX exam last Saturday and passed at 75 questions ( first time taker). I'm also a mom, baby sitter and a wife. Thanks to UWorld and prayers.

9/28/2018 9:56:58 PM
I have the situation as yours. any tips for me to pass the exam? I am scheduled to take CGFNs eam next month and I only have a month to prepare.Tips will be much appreciated

9/28/2018 10:12:45 PM
gpmn322812 wrote:
I took NCLEX exam last Saturday and passed at 75 questions ( first time taker). I'm also a mom, baby sitter and a wife. Thanks to UWorld and prayers.

I am in the same boat as you are. Been out of school for 9 years too. I hope to be able to pass the test like you did too.
edited by on 9/28/2018

9/28/2018 10:54:59 PM
gpmn322812 wrote:

Congratulations! you are blessed!

10/3/2018 12:27:03 AM
gpmn322812 wrote:

10/3/2018 12:29:16 AM
gpmn322812 wrote:

Did you only use uworld? What were your scores? How did you study? Looking to take the Nclex soon.

10/3/2018 12:13:12 PM
rhrv358396 wrote:
I have the situation as yours. any tips for me to pass the exam? I am scheduled to take CGFNs eam next month and I only have a month to prepare.Tips will be much appreciated

I used a lot of resources like Saunders, Lippincot, Kaplan but I think UWorld prepared me better, they have a complete rationales and even the wrong ones. I did not just read the rationale but also write down everything (outline form but easily understood) Prepare yourself for SATA questions, It's better to be ready for it so if you encounter Matching type questions it will be easy for you. I also recommend La Charity Prioritization. I have 75 questions for 1hr and 30mins consist of SATA, Prioritization, Delegation and some pictures ( ECG and positioning)

Eventhough we are moms and wives we can do it! Just focus (when babies are sleeping 😅), Support from our husbands and most specially say a little prayer everytime you start your review. (I prayed the Novena of St. Joseph Cupertino) very powerful! Godbless to you! Aim High!

10/3/2018 12:14:32 PM
Xin89235959 wrote:
gpmn322812 wrote:

I am in the same boat as you are. Been out of school for 9 years too. I hope to be able to pass the test like you did too.
edited by on 9/28/2018

Yes claim it! 🙏🏻🤗

10/3/2018 12:15:34 PM
craj723856 wrote:
gpmn322812 wrote:

Congratulations! you are blessed!

I am! Thank you and Godbless 🤗🙏🏻

10/3/2018 12:37:15 PM
dvgh634512 wrote:
gpmn322812 wrote:

Did you only use uworld? What were your scores? How did you study? Looking to take the Nclex soon.

I took NCLEX here in Virginia and they have a lot of requirements plus the IELTs and CGFNS so I used the time to review while waiting for the process to be completed. Believe it or not, It took me 1 and 1/2 years to finish everything but it is totally worth it (CGFNS CES took much of the time) I started reading some books (MedSurg, books made easy) just to refresh, since I've been out from school for 9 years (Sauders Comprehensive is highly recommended). Earlier this year I started the Online review (Uworld) because I need to familiarize my self on how the exam works and also for some updates (Some of the books I read, maybe obsolate) Don't rush things, take your time. I also learned it from the other future nurses here in forum not to mind your scores but the rationale.
I read a lot of books but when I started answering Uworld my scores were 40-50% until I finished my qbank I have 70%, When I took the first assessment after the qbank I had 71 percentile (high chance of passing). I read back my notes (I usually take down notes every single questions I had in Uworld in an outline form separate with labs and medications) then I took the 2nd assessment 2 weeks before my exam date and got 91percentile. Still it doesn't give me confidence to pass the exam. My last 2 weeks I purchase the NCSBN learning extension just to keep me busy with the Q and A. Most especially Keep praying and claim it! 🙏🏻😊

10/5/2018 12:06:33 PM
I have been out for seven years. I have taken the NCLEX previously without any luck. I am now trying to figure out how to study content, without totally reading the Saunder's book or any other book end to end. I am going to do UWORLD, as I have read lots of success stories. I would like to also do Mark Klimek, however he is only in person and nothing even close to me.

With that said, if anyone has any advice on how to review content along with UWORLD, that would be great. Thank you in advance!

10/6/2018 1:08:14 PM
lhap248206 wrote:
I have been out for seven years. I have taken the NCLEX previously without any luck. I am now trying to figure out how to study content, without totally reading the Saunder's book or any other book end to end. I am going to do UWORLD, as I have read lots of success stories. I would like to also do Mark Klimek, however he is only in person and nothing even close to me.

With that said, if anyone has any advice on how to review content along with UWORLD, that would be great. Thank you in advance!

You can assess yourself on how the way you absorb review material or study. As I obseved in Uworld there were certain illnesses, medications, ECG etc that they usually used. I read some books just to refresh myself because that is the way I assessed myself ( I used to forget some fundamentals) and also I have photographic memory and I think that's why reading books help me a lot. I didn't use any audios because I'm not used to it. That's why you need to assess yourself on what fits you.

Focus, Goals and Prayers 🙏🏻 You can do it!

10/8/2018 1:12:43 AM
Been out of school for 10 years 😂 passed with 75 questions, just focus on rationale 😊 and do the Klimek with printed notes first then the Uworld. It would make sense and would make you fully understand the rationale.

10/20/2018 11:57:44 PM
bsyy193706 wrote:
Been out of school for 10 years 😂 passed with 75 questions, just focus on rationale 😊 and do the Klimek with printed notes first then the Uworld. It would make sense and would make you fully understand the rationale.

Yes, don't mind if you are right or wrong or you were one of those student in 50 percentile. The most important thing is that you know every rationale of the questions.

11/7/2022 11:01:28 PM
This is very encouraging. I graduated in 2012 so it has been over a decade. You guys are inspiring.

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK