waiting for interviews

10/9/2010 10:34:11 PM
hi frends im n IMG step 1=95 ck=88 cs =pass all frst attemp
graduate 2006 dec, applied for IM,,not a citizen, no USCE,still im waiting for interviews,anybodi has good ideas? please can somebodi tel me wat are the criteria programs hav in selecting applicants?
does contacts get u in to programs?

10/26/2010 12:55:41 PM
contact helps a lot in getting interview calls, if u have worked for the same university or your relative,spouse,or friend is working in the same programme ,then the chance are much higher.Obviously the person who is sitting and taking interviews would prefer a person who is known to somebody rather then a completely unknown person.

10/26/2010 1:04:41 PM
ajay wrote:
contact helps a lot in getting interview calls, if u have worked for the same university or your relative,spouse,or friend is working in the same programme ,then the chance are much higher.Obviously the person who is sitting and taking interviews would prefer a person who is known to somebody rather then a completely unknown person.

10/26/2010 1:05:32 PM
thankx ajay
how abt u ?
u got interviews?
im still waiting for interviews

10/27/2010 9:23:46 PM
hi . i have poor average scores. 84 and 92. I ahve done my post graduation in pediatrics from India. At present doing clinical research in Uni Of chicago. Only one interview call, that was in sep ,No calls after that . Only rejections

10/27/2010 9:31:00 PM
i also have 95 and 88, do u think they r poor scores?
i applied for internal medicine ,but no interviews yet,if u have contacts is surgery still gonna b tough?
by the way what r the advantages u hav by doing clinical reseach? how do u find such programs and externships and observ in US?
i heard its easy to find them in chicago,is that rite?
thank you very my ,n aprreciate for sharing
milindu
one of my frend 2nd time applying this time with step 3 ,93 99,96 cs
got 5 interviews this time,internal medicine,no USCE,no contacts,

10/29/2010 4:43:30 PM
hi
the only thing you can do is to wait and watch. Give step 3 and try to get observership or clinical research. Just applt to all the professors in your city. See what all university u have in ur city , then go to the IM department faculty list and then , get there mail id and then send them individually ur resume and application for research. Its difficult but the only other quick way is to give money through some sites like fmg portal and join.

11/2/2010 8:11:58 PM
[quote=ajay]hi

thank ajay,,
do u think even with contacts, surgery o orthopedic is difficult?
thankx

5/26/2022 7:16:05 AM
I hope the interview went well. And you were able to get the job. I'm just writing a resume and found some tips on writing https://skillroads.com/blog/what-tense-to-use-in-resume. I hope the search will be successful.
edited by on 5/26/2022

5/26/2022 9:53:42 PM
It looks very help. Thank you so much buddy for adding link here.

6/5/2022 5:56:02 AM
When I was a student it was hard for me to find a job. No one wanted to take me without experience. I was only able to find a job with the help of https://uk.careersbooster.com/ where they helped me put together a qualified resume even without experience. I think it can be helpful for other students as well.
edited by on 6/5/2022

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK