New Version of Software

5/31/2018 10:30:58 PM
I was doing a set of 40 questions on the Step 2 CK Q bank 20 minutes ago and suspended the set. After I just came back I can't sign in and keep getting a message saying "This version of the software has been discontinued and is not supported any more. Please download the latest version of the software by logging into your account at www.uworld.com" Does any one know where I can find this?


5/31/2018 10:48:01 PM
ssav219407 wrote:
I was doing a set of 40 questions on the Step 2 CK Q bank 20 minutes ago and suspended the set. After I just came back I can't sign in and keep getting a message saying "This version of the software has been discontinued and is not supported any more. Please download the latest version of the software by logging into your account at www.uworld.com" Does any one know where I can find this?


Same here. Keep us posted if you find out! I'll do the same.


5/31/2018 10:49:50 PM
Tried downloading it, and now it won't work, please fix


5/31/2018 10:57:09 PM
Fixed it. Follow these steps and it should work:

If using Mac (OS X 10.9.x or higher)

Delete the desktop/dock shortcut icon for ALL UWorld applications you may have (even unrelated ones, doing this will NOT result in loss of any of your previous test/performance data).
Click the Apple logo in the top right-hand corner of your screen and select System Preferences.
Click on Java icon under the 'Other' section to open Java Control Panel.
Under General tab, locate the Temporary Internet Files sub-section and click Settings > Delete Files.
Make sure all boxes are checked and Click OK
Under General tab, locate the Network Settings sub-section and click Network Settings...
In the resulting dialog box, select Direct Connection and press OK.
Exit the Java Control Panel and System Preferences window.
Sign in to your account and follow the appropriate link to launch the software.


5/31/2018 11:23:39 PM
Thanks. the voodoo magic worked.


6/7/2018 10:33:39 PM
svabhar wrote:
Fixed it. Follow these steps and it should work:

If using Mac (OS X 10.9.x or higher)

Delete the desktop/dock shortcut icon for ALL UWorld applications you may have (even unrelated ones, doing this will NOT result in loss of any of your previous test/performance data).
Click the Apple logo in the top right-hand corner of your screen and select System Preferences.
Click on Java icon under the 'Other' section to open Java Control Panel.
Under General tab, locate the Temporary Internet Files sub-section and click Settings > Delete Files.
Make sure all boxes are checked and Click OK
Under General tab, locate the Network Settings sub-section and click Network Settings...
In the resulting dialog box, select Direct Connection and press OK.
Exit the Java Control Panel and System Preferences window.
Sign in to your account and follow the appropriate link to launch the software.


6/10/2018 9:35:48 PM
I don’t know what’s happening, I can’t finish my assessment.
My computer has Windows 10

ssav219407 wrote:
I was doing a set of 40

questions on the Step 2 CK Q bank 20 minutes ago and suspended the set. After I just came back I can't sign in and keep getting a message saying "This version of the software has been discontinued and is not supported any more. Please download the latest version of the software by logging into your account at www.uworld.com" Does any one know where I can find this?


6/11/2018 9:13:05 PM
I am having the same problem on Mac OS X 10.13.5 and the above solution does not work. In fact, the .jnlp downloaded from the website doesn't even open even after allowing it in the settings.


6/11/2018 10:43:26 PM
Is anyone else having trouble accessing "My Account"? I can access all other parts of the website but when I click on "My Account"...the loading bar stalls.


6/19/2018 6:46:49 PM
Has anyone been able to figure this software issue out for windows (version 10, specifically)?


8/17/2018 11:23:01 AM
tqpy579671 wrote:
Is anyone else having trouble accessing "My Account"? I can access all other parts of the website but when I click on "My Account"...the loading bar stalls.


Same issue is happening to me. Have you figured out how to fix this?


8/17/2018 11:41:08 PM
Anyone using Mac having trouble with uworld launching in the last 2 days?
When I try to open the app the uworld window launches but the login screen never loads. Just the background grey screen and even if I try to shut the app down it does not I get the spinning will cursor! i have to force quit it every time.

I've upadated java twice, my OS once and deleted and reinstalled uworld several times. I even tried the steps mentioned above and still nothing. Is it just me?


8/19/2018 3:48:37 AM
tqpy579671 wrote:
Is anyone else having trouble accessing "My Account"? I can access all other parts of the website but when I click on "My Account"...the loading bar stalls.


I am having the same problem . cannot access the My Account section.


8/19/2018 5:12:16 PM
qlji576276 wrote:
Anyone using Mac having trouble with uworld launching in the last 2 days?
When I try to open the app the uworld window launches but the login screen never loads. Just the background grey screen and even if I try to shut the app down it does not I get the spinning will cursor! i have to force quit it every time.

I've upadated java twice, my OS once and deleted and reinstalled uworld several times. I even tried the steps mentioned above and still nothing. Is it just me?


I'm having the same problem too. Super frustrating. It's been the last 2-3days as well.


9/1/2018 9:38:06 AM
qlji576276 wrote:
Anyone using Mac having trouble with uworld launching in the last 2 days?
When I try to open the app the uworld window launches but the login screen never loads. Just the background grey screen and even if I try to shut the app down it does not I get the spinning will cursor! i have to force quit it every time.

I've upadated java twice, my OS once and deleted and reinstalled uworld several times. I even tried the steps mentioned above and still nothing. Is it just me?


Hey Iv been having the same issue since yesterday. Please let me know how you fixed it. My exam is very close. I need to access my Qbank soon.


9/5/2018 8:07:43 AM
UWORLD!!!! FIX YOUR APP, THIS HAS GONE ON TOO LONG NOW!!! SAME PROBLEM AS ALL THE OTHER USERS.


9/16/2018 6:28:33 AM
qlji576276 wrote:
Anyone using Mac having trouble with uworld launching in the last 2 days?
When I try to open the app the uworld window launches but the login screen never loads. Just the background grey screen and even if I try to shut the app down it does not I get the spinning will cursor! i have to force quit it every time.

I've upadated java twice, my OS once and deleted and reinstalled uworld several times. I even tried the steps mentioned above and still nothing. Is it just me?


Im having the same exact issue!


9/26/2018 3:06:29 PM
Just call them and ask for help. Call the number listed as their fax number. They used and application to take over my computer and fix the problem for me. They basically did the steps above, except they used terminal to uninstall java, then they restarted the computer before reinstalling java and doing the steps in the java settings.


12/3/2018 1:37:46 AM
qlji576276 wrote:
Anyone using Mac having trouble with uworld launching in the last 2 days?
When I try to open the app the uworld window launches but the login screen never loads. Just the background grey screen and even if I try to shut the app down it does not I get the spinning will cursor! i have to force quit it every time.

I've upadated java twice, my OS once and deleted and reinstalled uworld several times. I even tried the steps mentioned above and still nothing. Is it just me?


Im having the same problem!


12/28/2018 8:01:07 AM
qlji576276 wrote:
Anyone using Mac having trouble with uworld launching in the last 2 days?
When I try to open the app the uworld window launches but the login screen never loads. Just the background grey screen and even if I try to shut the app down it does not I get the spinning will cursor! i have to force quit it every time.

I've upadated java twice, my OS once and deleted and reinstalled uworld several times. I even tried the steps mentioned above and still nothing. Is it just me?


I have the same problem too. That makes six of us. I think.


1/22/2019 6:43:06 AM
I've been trying to open up the application but it keeps on getting stuck on 'Downloading Application'. I've tried to delete and re-download/update both the java and Application link to no avail. Kindly advise as soon as possible. I'm on MacOs Mojave version 10.14.2. Please, and thank you.


pages: 1

 | 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK