UWorld is looking for part-time remote contributors to develop biostatistics and epidemiology items for our United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) question banks (Qbanks)
UWorld's USMLE Qbanks are used by the majority of medical students in the United States to prepare for the National Medical Board of Examiners (NBME) USMLE Step 1, 2, and 3 licensing examinations. Up to ~20% of NBME examination items cover topics in biostatistics, epidemiology, population health, and interpretation of the medical literature. UWorld would like to expand its existing repository by adding ~100-200 more items over the next several months.
The successful candidate should have experience in, and passion for, health education and be able to produce high-quality multiple choice items to mimic examination content in these topics. The items should be based on scenarios that are of clinical relevance and should test topics that are high-yield to practicing physicians. They should include items based on journal abstracts and drug advertisements. Question stems should mimic NBME style and difficulty level. Explanations should provide comprehensive rationales for the correct and incorrect answer options.
Training and support will be provided by on-site UWorld authors, but the contributor will be expected to work independently with guidance as needed. Submitted items will be subject to UWorld's extensive review and editing process.
- Produce high-quality question stems with comprehensive, clearly-written explanations for the USMLE Step 1, 2, and 3 Qbanks and other products if needed
- Review existing Qbanks items and explanations as required
- Stay abreast of recent clinical trials, major medical journal publications, and other relevant developments
- Master's degree in public health or related field (eg, biostatistics, epidemiology, clinical research) required, but PhD preferred
- Experience in clinical research or other patient-centered healthcare setting required
- Medical background or familiarity with USMLE examination preferred
- Experience developing standardized board questions preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Effective time management skills
- Passion for education and learning
- Must have access to PC with MS Windows operating system
- Must have experience using MS Word (markups, comments, etc.) and MS Excel
Compensation and Benefits
- Compensation based on number and quality of items submitted and accepted for inclusion in the Qbanks
- Flexible work hours can be performed remotely from home or office
- Please send CV and cover letter to email@example.com
- Candidates may be invited to submit secondary applications