Second time around...

10/4/2019 5:10:07 AM
Found out that I recently did not pass ABIM on my first attempt. Took it a year after residency finished (had some personal issues arise after residency, and needed a break before starting fellowship in rheum). Read all of MKSAP (minus dermatology) and answered all the questions. Used more of a drawn-out process of studying, and I think my downside was not putting in that "crunch" at the end. Likely felt too comfortable going into it. Overall, was not far from passing score.

This year will be more aggressive, and take it to the exam vs. the exam come to me.
edited by on 10/4/2019

11/9/2019 8:40:49 AM
OsOb28863868 wrote:
Found out that I recently did not pass ABIM on my first attempt. Took it a year after residency finished (had some personal issues arise after residency, and needed a break before starting fellowship in rheum). Read all of MKSAP (minus dermatology) and answered all the questions. Used more of a drawn-out process of studying, and I think my downside was not putting in that "crunch" at the end. Likely felt too comfortable going into it. Overall, was not far from passing score.

This year will be more aggressive, and take it to the exam vs. the exam come to me.
edited by on 10/4/2019

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK