Retakers

6/22/2018 6:26:22 PM
I failed my first NCLEX with 265 with near passing in 5 hours, and I did used Uworld. I am retaking exam in 2weeks after 45 days from my first exam. I am doing Uworld again and reading rationals. Is there any retakers who passed second time and please give me advice about how to pass second time. Thank you so much!

6/23/2018 4:04:59 PM
what kind of scores were you getting on uwrold? also, what did you get for your assessment. I am worried, overall i have 55percent, and for my assessment "borderline"

6/23/2018 8:50:13 PM
omtc250656 wrote:
what kind of scores were you getting on uwrold? also, what did you get for your assessment. I am worried, overall i have 55percent, and for my assessment "borderline"

I was all over with my scores 30-60% and my two assessment was "borderline". This time my scores from 55% to 68%. I do 75 question 3 times a day and reading rational. Which last time I was just rushing to get all questions done before my nclex.

6/24/2018 1:22:13 PM
ok so it seems like we are in the same boat
edited by on 6/24/2018

6/24/2018 4:30:44 PM
It sounds like you already know part of the problem. I found even when i started Uworld that doing it when too tired... or when unable to concentrate or rushing was not a good idea. I would rush through some aspects of content reading if needs be but UWORLD questions require your complete attention and time to properly understand why, pathophysiology and for retention. If you don't fully understand why and think you need further information to properly establish a pathophysiological link in your mind googling for a better picture i think is a good thing. When possible randomly throughout the day force yourself to recall something you recently went over that you think is important and go over it mentally to better establish in long term memory. Nclex isn't for rush cramming because the areas covered are so extensive. I also read for content a little bit and listen to Mark Klimek who has helped me to fully internalize in a simplier way topics like acid base, heart defects and a few other things. It sounds like you are improving. Keep at it. Go over weak areas. I think know your labs, basic meds and uworld content and prioritization and management etc . Having done the exam you have an idea what it's like... an idea of your weak area(s). Go forth and conquer the 2nd time!!

As for myself i test on wed the 27th. I finished my q bank having gotten 60% of the qbank correct and placed in the 72nd percentile. I picked the package with 1 self assessment since i was short on money. My self assessment i scored 61% and was placed in 69th percentile, high chance of passing. I realised when i went through the rationales that i missed 3 or 4 questions because i did not read the question properly. I was doing it at 2am which i know i shouldn't cause i was exhausted and wasn't 100% focused... based on my scores and efforts i hope i am prepared enough. I had set 6 weeks to study and found that my scores got better when i only did my uworld when i was mentally ready...since i had alot going on. I missed alot of study days... but some days i fought through if i felt i could focus enough and overall. I don't blame myself for not having gone through the bank twice during the time. If you are in a rush mood, i suggest rush times for content reading or mark klimek or sumn but to spend time with you world Rationale. I have been going through a saunders comprehensive review book and have found that Uworld has a wealth more information on majority of topics than the book does( they purposely left the prioritizationand delegation part very very lacking...UWorld is a godsend for that area). And uworld rationales cover almost everything. Even though i have tried my best... idk if i will pass on wednesday... i hope i do. I dream to be a CRNA with my masters degree and have DNP status *-* ... but i have to pass this NCLEX hurdle first...
sigh
Good luck. We are all to put our best forward. We are to be nurses, and we will persevere!
edited by on 6/24/2018

6/24/2018 6:00:52 PM
Thank you so much for your kind comment. I agree with you that you need to be mentally ready when you practicing uworld. I do get it wrong when I don't read question right when I am too tired or when I am not mentally there with the test. Failing exam is not easy and I would not wish to anyone to experience that, like you said at least I know part of my problem not to rush through the test.I was in near passing with 265 question first time, hopefully I will pass in July 9th on my second attempt. I wish you good luck so you can pass on 27th!

6/24/2018 7:36:19 PM
May the odds be ever in our favour.

6/27/2018 10:41:51 PM
Finished in 75 and got good pop up with pvt trick.... I suggest really focusing on why with your prioritization and delegation rationales if weak in that area. Will let u know if i confirm passing

6/28/2018 2:54:00 PM
xlyg973571 wrote:
Finished in 75 and got good pop up with pvt trick.... I suggest really focusing on why with your prioritization and delegation rationales if weak in that area. Will let u know if i confirm passing

OMG I am so HAPPY FOR YOU!!!

6/28/2018 4:42:42 PM
Yea thank you. Confirmed today. Florida shiws early. So on board of nursing website i see my pass status and my license #.
U world really was awesome . Can't believe i passed in 75

6/28/2018 10:05:35 PM
xlyg973571 wrote:
Yea thank you. Confirmed today. Florida shiws early. So on board of nursing website i see my pass status and my license #.
U world really was awesome . Can't believe i passed in 75

was this your first time taking Nclex?

6/29/2018 1:19:40 AM
Yes very first time. i graduated last november from my nursing school in Jamaica

6/30/2018 12:31:06 AM
xlyg973571 wrote:

whats PVT

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK