Percentiles, percentages & probability of passing

6/21/2018 3:47:24 PM
Hello everyone!

I'm waiting for my ATT, and will be taking the NCLEX sometime this Summer. I am feeling extra pressured because my program requires that I pass the NCLEX before I can start the Master's program in the Fall. I just started prepping with UWorld a couple of weeks ago, and am finding it really helpful (I've also been using ATI for a year, but don't like it as much). I wanted to do one of the self-assessment test at the beginning, and plan to do the second test right before I take the NCLEX. I'm a little confused what's percentile I should striving for, as well as percent averages. When I took the self-assessment I averaged 57.3% (yikes!), but was surprised to see that it put in the "high chance of passing." (the 54th percentile).

Can others shed light on this? Any insight is greatly appreciated!

7/1/2018 3:18:32 AM
Hello, I took the NCLEX on Tuesday 6/12/18.....I was sure I failed...I did the whole 265 questions....I did the Pearson Vue Trick and got the bad pop 4 separate times. <--- I might have been doing the PVT wrong. I subscribed to UWorld for three months and really only used it for about 4 weeks. I went through the 2093 question test bank. I ended up with an overall score from the 2093 questions of 48% in the 22nd percentile, but I went through every single rationale right or wrong... 6/14/18 I received my active RN license #....I wouldn't focus on what percent you're getting as long as you're learning from the rationales. I ordered two 75 question assessments that I didn't even use... Good luck to you.....

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK