Passing NCLEX as an average student

6/3/2018 4:09:14 PM
Resources I used to pass HESI exit are saunders-PN flash cards and EAQ (elseiver adaptive quiz) only. Hesi score was 916, my school required 850 for a pass to sit for the NCLEX.
Resources for NCLEX PN preparation are 2months subscription (2 assessments) read the rationale!!!!!!!!, tried to take notes but got fed up doing that.
Sweet part: lowest score was 13%, highest score was 60%; overall performance 47% with 57 percentile. Did not finish qbank, I did it by topic/category using 76-85 question per test, the only topic I barely touched was leadership section(one of my weakest area). In the end I had just 130 questions left in qbank untouched. I wouldn't recommend doing that, if possible finish everything. Did 1st assessment after end of test bank(after 1month and 2wks studying of rationale and questions) got 54% with 69 percentile, studied rationale that I was weak in and took 2nd assessment 3 days before NCLEX (68% with a 86 percentile) and read the rationale. Both assessments stated "very high" chance of passing. Did light reading till a day before exam, was tense watched movie to relax and slept for just 3 hours before exam. Percentile means how you rank with other qbank users for example 86 percentile means you are 86% better than other user and only 14% users are better than you. I had 85 question with the 85th question as SATA(select all that apply), I had less than 10 SATA, no audio, no calculation, only one arrange in order, no location question, 5 pharmacology question, 3 psych questions, majority delegation, basic nursing care, and other LPN needs section. Did the PVT trick after 10hr and 24 hours both had "good pop up" then 48 hours got my result. Did exam on Friday unofficial $8 result came out Sunday with a PASS.

7/2/2018 2:49:03 AM
thats amazing! congrats and gives me hope! any books you may recommend to use with Uworld let me know :-D

7/2/2018 5:32:51 PM
Hi, I used Uworld as my main source; the supplemental material was Hesi adaptive quizzing by answering questions related to LPN client needs as stated on the NCLEX-PN outline/blueprint (my school uses hesi and the software came with the tuition). If your school uses ATI or HESI you can answer questions under the LPN client needs(such as pharmacological therapy, physiological adaptation, basic care and comfort, reduction of risk potential, safety and infection control, coordinated care, client needs, psychological integrity, health promotion and maintenance)
I hope this helps, usually Uworld is more than sufficient because of the visuals and detailed explanation of the rationale. That's what jugged my memory during the NCLEX. I tried Lippincott and kaplan based on an online recommendation during initial NCLEX preparation but regretted buying them, it was a waste of money and time. Uworld will force a person to think critically this was something that hesi adaptive quizzing software, kaplan and Lippincott lacked.

7/3/2018 11:53:07 PM
raal795187 wrote:
Hi, I used Uworld as my main source; the supplemental material was Hesi adaptive quizzing by answering questions related to LPN client needs as stated on the NCLEX-PN outline/blueprint (my school uses hesi and the software came with the tuition). If your school uses ATI or HESI you can answer questions under the LPN client needs(such as pharmacological therapy, physiological adaptation, basic care and comfort, reduction of risk potential, safety and infection control, coordinated care, client needs, psychological integrity, health promotion and maintenance)
I hope this helps, usually Uworld is more than sufficient because of the visuals and detailed explanation of the rationale. That's what jugged my memory during the NCLEX. I tried Lippincott and kaplan based on an online recommendation during initial NCLEX preparation but regretted buying them, it was a waste of money and time. Uworld will force a person to think critically this was something that hesi adaptive quizzing software, kaplan and Lippincott lacked.

Very helpful thank you so much!

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK