Pathology Residency Inquiry

10/15/2017 4:12:06 PM
Hey everyone , my name is Omar. I want to inquire about the residency pathology for an FMG , is it hard to get in, and what are the average scores usually .

Thanks for your time . I am waiting for your responses

10/16/2017 7:54:33 AM
It is not hard but seats are limited compare to other specialties average score range from 220 to 240 on both steps. You will higher chancees if you are fresh graduate with score 220+ US clinical experience and letters of recommendation from us pathologists.

10/28/2017 2:11:48 AM
Pathology is one of the "realistic possibilities" for an IMG, since there are more possitions available than US (allophatic )graduates applying. In general exposure to pathology in med school is very little, and also the field might by perceived as a "plan B" for applicants trying to get into competitive programs or specialties.

Scores are very important , but also a well designed CV that shows an applicant committed to do pathology is a plus.
that includes LOR from US pathologists, publications, and clinical experience

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK