Passed nclex

9/15/2017 8:31:21 PM
This was my third time taking nclex.

First time I used ati and hurst...30 days after graduation...265 questions and failed 2 of 8 categories.

Second time I didn't take it that serious and I only looked at ncsbn 3 week program...75 questions...failed. Failed 4 out of 8 categories.

Third time I used uworld exclusively. I didn't look at any other material because for me I needed to train my mind how to itemize parts of the question. Uworld type of questions are similar to how nclex is set up BUT they are not the same questions! I read the rationales for every question even if I got it right because there is important information that's outside of why the correct answer was right. I did all 1900+ questions. While going through them if I knew I guessed I'd flag that question as well as the ones I got wrong. I then went back and did the 900 questions I got wrong. I did those by category vs just doing a generalized all subjects tests. I studied for 3-4 hours a day for 1 month. I did usually between 200-300 questions a day.

I have horrible nerves but this time I knew that I had put in the time and understood the questions and how to pull out the wrong or "normal" s/s to help eliminate answers even if I didn't know what the answer was. I did this with every uworld question. I had 265 questions and sat there for 5 1/2 hours. I had numerous sata, meds, priority, and not a single math question which made me nervous. I felt defeated but also was unsure if I passed because I felt like I knew way more than the first two times.

I went home and slept from being mentally tired. I woke up the next morning and low and behold my nursing license was in active status. (I'm in VA)

Don't give up! I became discouraged and felt like maybe I'm not suppose to be a nurse...Im happy I didn't give into my negativity and put in the hard work.

9/16/2017 2:40:20 AM
cpji454008 wrote:
This was my third time taking nclex.

First time I used ati and hurst...30 days after graduation...265 questions and failed 2 of 8 categories.

Second time I didn't take it that serious and I only looked at ncsbn 3 week program...75 questions...failed. Failed 4 out of 8 categories.

Third time I used uworld exclusively. I didn't look at any other material because for me I needed to train my mind how to itemize parts of the question. Uworld type of questions are similar to how nclex is set up BUT they are not the same questions! I read the rationales for every question even if I got it right because there is important information that's outside of why the correct answer was right. I did all 1900+ questions. While going through them if I knew I guessed I'd flag that question as well as the ones I got wrong. I then went back and did the 900 questions I got wrong. I did those by category vs just doing a generalized all subjects tests. I studied for 3-4 hours a day for 1 month. I did usually between 200-300 questions a day.

I have horrible nerves but this time I knew that I had put in the time and understood the questions and how to pull out the wrong or "normal" s/s to help eliminate answers even if I didn't know what the answer was. I did this with every uworld question. I had 265 questions and sat there for 5 1/2 hours. I had numerous sata, meds, priority, and not a single math question which made me nervous. I felt defeated but also was unsure if I passed because I felt like I knew way more than the first two times.

I went home and slept from being mentally tired. I woke up the next morning and low and behold my nursing license was in active status. (I'm in VA)

Don't give up! I became discouraged and felt like maybe I'm not suppose to be a nurse...Im happy I didn't give into my negativity and put in the hard work.

congrats!! and thanks for sharing your experience,.

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK