UWorld scores in relation to NCLEX Readiness

10/3/2016 12:12:02 AM
What scores on UWorld RN Qbank should you be getting to tell you that you are ready to take the NCLEX?

1) What scores should you be getting for each 75 question practice exam?
2) What should your overall performance score be on completion of the test bank?
3) What score ranking is considered a "passing rank"?
4) What subject percentages(adult health, child health, critical care etc.) are considered passing for each section?

I know the answers to these questions don't guarantee passing the NCLEX. But I just wanted to see if this would help in telling me I am ready for the NCLEX. I am sure these questions will also help out others! Thanks!

10/3/2016 12:11:02 PM
I don't know what the projected statistics are for passing but I can tell you what mine were and I passed the NCLEX in 75 questions last week.

1) What scores should you be getting for each 75 question practice exam? - I started in the low 40s, moved to low-high 50s, occasionally got 60s.
3) What score ranking is considered a "passing rank"? I was in the 35th percentile which average is 48th, I believe.

Good luck!

10/4/2016 4:16:33 PM
msjo142812 wrote:
I don't know what the projected statistics are for passing but I can tell you what mine were and I passed the NCLEX in 75 questions last week.

1) What scores should you be getting for each 75 question practice exam? - I started in the low 40s, moved to low-high 50s, occasionally got 60s.
3) What score ranking is considered a "passing rank"? I was in the 35th percentile which average is 48th, I believe.

Good luck!

Hello! CONGRATULATIONS FIRST OFF! That's AWESOME! Good luck on job hunting, unless you already have something lined up! I am so HAPPY for you! Thank you for your input!

I have about 600 questions left and I am in the 75th ranking.
58% on my overall correct answers.
I am averaging about 55 - 65% on my 75 questions practice tests. Occasionally high 40's.
I am averaging 55-60% for each subject.

I am planning to finish UWorld before my NCLEX. Anyone else have any input on scores and what is considered ready to take the NCLEX?
edited by on 10/4/2016

10/11/2016 3:50:53 PM
Hi! I am averaging 56% - 60%. I started in the low 40s as well.

10/12/2016 11:20:07 AM
ooib662089 wrote:
msjo142812 wrote:

Good luck!

Hello! CONGRATULATIONS FIRST OFF! That's AWESOME! Good luck on job hunting, unless you already have something lined up! I am so HAPPY for you! Thank you for your input!

I have about 600 questions left and I am in the 75th ranking.
58% on my overall correct answers.
I am averaging about 55 - 65% on my 75 questions practice tests. Occasionally high 40's.
I am averaging 55-60% for each subject.

I am planning to finish UWorld before my NCLEX. Anyone else have any input on scores and what is considered ready to take the NCLEX?
edited by on 10/4/2016

If I can advise anyone who uses Uworld is to not base your readiness on the ranking or percent. Why, you may ask- First off I used UWorld months after graduation and made it up to 72% across the board. Oh yea and failed the NCLEX - boo whoo.... Please just study the rational, learn the rational and use the Leadership and management section to create test. This put you in the wheel house of the NCLEX , you can't get any closer then this. It gives you SATA, safety , and most important - Who do you see first. The NCLEX did change , it changed to a SAFETY NCLEX for NURSES.

6/17/2017 5:35:13 PM
What does it mean that I am in the 72nd percentile? I am taking nclex on he 27th and a bit nervous. the first assessment i took i got highly likely to pass. i was curious monday and took the second one at work (BIG MISTAKE ) was not fully focused and got borderline....i think if i took it at home i would of done better. i am taking the 75 question assessments now until i take the test and i am getting in the 50s. Is that an adequate score to go and take the nclex with?

7/25/2019 11:43:32 AM
OMG I only score 22 percentile and I am taking NCLEX in a few days. I am I ready to take it?

7/29/2019 12:00:01 AM
vrtq696463 wrote:
OMG I only score 22 percentile and I am taking NCLEX in a few days. I am I ready to take it?

You may want to consider pushing your exam back a bit. It's actually very easy on the Pearsonvue website. I think that may be too low of a percentile to be fully ready. However, consider trying one of the self assesment exams.

8/28/2019 1:22:02 AM
vrtq696463 wrote:

How did you do?

4/14/2020 3:03:52 PM
vrtq696463 wrote:

How did you do on your NCLEX test?

4/17/2020 11:01:04 AM
vrtq696463 wrote:

Hang in there and keep studying! In 2019, students with a QBank average of 56% or higher had a pass rate of 92.2%. This is no guarantee of pass rates, but I hope it helps you update your study plan. Good luck!

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK