just received my results; scored 262

3/22/2014 10:00:54 PM
Thanks a lot ) these couple of days I was so disappointed I couldn't study even one page!! I have to be more patience !! Iam planning to study like the one u said. So when is the good time for taking random blocks?
Also one of my friend told me to take Kaplan qb as well? But i am not sure if it s worth to have it? What 's yr opinion?
edited by on 3/24/2014

3/29/2014 2:10:56 PM
5hstar wrote:
Yehhh so like how many times did u do first aid? i'm having difficulty getting through it even once...

i tht usmle actual exam is easier than nbmes? how many nbmes did you do ?

presently i'm doing fa last 5 chapters of pathoma and uworld!!!

did u read explanations for right answers also?? or only wrong once?

also didu do brs physio or conrad medical ethics 100q book? 'm tryign to cram in as much as possible these last few days! i only have 10 days ideally!!

trust me my med school was terrible; i literally came out with zero basics; my nbme score was beyond terrible; i had to learn everything from scratch thts y i' ve been struggling with this Exam for the past 3 yrs to get to at least passing level now; i'm not hoping for anything higher than 240 cuz i know thts not possible w/ my situation lol

ive took kaplan live lectures 2x private tutoring pass program yeah in the last 3 yrs its been super struggle for me...where do i find robbins pathology slides? is webpath ohk also?

plz if you can help me out would be awesome; also how many times did u do fa?

thanks

Do not underestimate yourself! You can score above 240!

3/30/2014 2:57:05 PM
abdallah112 wrote:
This is my first post here, hi ,I'm an IMG and I'm too excited coz i received my results 2 days ago with a wonderful score
:262 . I took the exam in 12 of february 2014,and I was pretty sure that I'll perform well on it ; coz I covered the majority of stuff that are likely to be there and thanks to God, most of them were actually there. my advice to everyone willing to take the test soon is to try to do as much qs as one can, with revision of BOTH wrong and true choices. I wish for you all the best, and i'm willing to answer all your Qs about my preparation ;but not now coz I'll be away for acouple of days and I'll be back soon INSHAALLAH

3/30/2014 2:59:42 PM
Hello,

Well done. The sky is your limit! I got 233 in step 1 and I am an IMG student. Do I have a chance in matching? I am yet to write the other steps

abdallah112 wrote:
This is my first post here, hi ,I'm an IMG and I'm too excited coz i received my results 2 days ago with a wonderful score
:262 . I took the exam in 12 of february 2014,and I was pretty sure that I'll perform well on it ; coz I covered the majority of stuff that are likely to be there and thanks to God, most of them were actually there. my advice to everyone willing to take the test soon is to try to do as much qs as one can, with revision of BOTH wrong and true choices. I wish for you all the best, and i'm willing to answer all your Qs about my preparation ;but not now coz I'll be away for acouple of days and I'll be back soon INSHAALLAH

3/31/2014 11:59:05 AM
Congratulation! I'm going to right the exam on the end of April,.. What is your advise interns of UW, subject by subject or mixed

4/1/2014 6:36:26 PM
hi,i'm IMG and i just changed my test day because i wasn't prepared and i'm keeping studying and i don't have a new date yet..i've just read the kaplan notes once coupled with kaplan bank,and now i'm studying by usmle qbank and reading FA for first time,i started in July 2013 and i don't feel to be prepared,i'm still stucked in bank with very low grade in there and i have not taken nmbe yet because it will destroy me at all..i'd like to have a study partner by skype i don't care or in Orlando,Fl better..and i wonder if someone recommend me something else to do to improve my study,if i have to read another book besides the kaplan and FA,where can i find the Goljan audio and what else do you recommended?thanks..

4/12/2014 2:44:29 PM
andrececi wrote:
hi,i'm IMG and i just changed my test day because i wasn't prepared and i'm keeping studying and i don't have a new date yet..i've just read the kaplan notes once coupled with kaplan bank,and now i'm studying by usmle qbank and reading FA for first time,i started in July 2013 and i don't feel to be prepared,i'm still stucked in bank with very low grade in there and i have not taken nmbe yet because it will destroy me at all..i'd like to have a study partner by skype i don't care or in Orlando,Fl better..and i wonder if someone recommend me something else to do to improve my study,if i have to read another book besides the kaplan and FA,where can i find the Goljan audio and what else do you recommended?thanks..

well, I don't recommend any other books; simply because the key is how to study not what you study. the material in books are somehow the same; they differ in their high yield content. so you need to minimise your sources and study them extentively. repitition is the solution.

11/14/2014 7:14:15 PM
abdallah112 wrote:

Hi Abdallah, congrats on such a wonderful score. I'm feeling a bit lost and discouraged in my Step prep. I've primarily focused on both U-World and First Aid. My memorization skills are my strongest feat, however, I do have a good understanding of the concepts as well. Lately I've just fallen into the negative thinking that those two aren't enough to do decent on my Step. I just feel paranoid that the day the step comes, it'll be full of difficult questions based on material that weren't found in U World and First Aid. Your experience seems really positive and was just wanting personal feedback as per if you think and truly feel like the exam is fair and doable with the sources presented in my hands. Thank you!
edited by on 11/14/2014

11/17/2014 9:58:37 AM
abdallah112 wrote:

Hi, congrats on a really good score. Im an american IMG and and taking my exam in the begining of april.
I need some advice on how the test strategy should be so let me tell you a little about my situation. Well i started preparing a few months back but on my way i just lost motivation and stopped working at all, that made me waste solid two months of my time. So here i am now.. In no situation to waste more time. I have done kaplan notes once. I am mid way through first aid. In the next five months should i be sticking to first aid and u world only? Will you please recommend a good strategy to make the maximum out of my time? I really need help.
Thanks!

11/17/2014 11:36:49 AM
Congratz, please share your last nmbe, 1 month before the exam.

11/19/2014 12:06:32 PM
Hi can you give me some advice please I am an img I failed step 1 twice this time I decided to take a Kaplan review coirse
Live prep it helped me a lot however I took nbme right after the course and I got 260 which is 177 please I don't want to fail again

12/7/2014 5:19:22 AM
Congratulations dr. Abdulla. Good luck with the rest. I wantedvto ask you about how much time shall i dedicate to solving UW Qb? I did not register yet but i need to know if the questions are arranged in blockes or what? Thank you

1/1/2015 8:25:47 PM
I hope I passed it... I had to pass it! It has to be positive!!!

1/6/2015 2:33:51 PM
congrats, that's great, best wishes in your future endeavors, I am just starting to study, $ and time limited. two questions:
1. what does FA mean and
2. how did you study the systems, as in was in just like first aid. I wonder if your FA means first aid (let me know)

1/26/2015 2:58:41 PM
khane2010 wrote:
abdallah112 wrote:

Hi Abdallah, congrats on such a wonderful score. I'm feeling a bit lost and discouraged in my Step prep. I've primarily focused on both U-World and First Aid. My memorization skills are my strongest feat, however, I do have a good understanding of the concepts as well. Lately I've just fallen into the negative thinking that those two aren't enough to do decent on my Step. I just feel paranoid that the day the step comes, it'll be full of difficult questions based on material that weren't found in U World and First Aid. Your experience seems really positive and was just wanting personal feedback as per if you think and truly feel like the exam is fair and doable with the sources presented in my hands. Thank you!
edited by on 11/14/2014

Hi guys!, sorry for the late reply. being preoccupied lately, I think the exam is fair and the material covered by the Uworld is more than enough. there are a question or two that appeared to be unfamiliar but the rest of the test was from the common knowledge pool known to most of us. there is no secret source or book (of cource neither an ingredient)the secret is in your integration.

1/26/2015 3:07:35 PM
ShahaNabeel wrote:
abdallah112 wrote:

Hi, congrats on a really good score. Im an american IMG and and taking my exam in the begining of april.
I need some advice on how the test strategy should be so let me tell you a little about my situation. Well i started preparing a few months back but on my way i just lost motivation and stopped working at all, that made me waste solid two months of my time. So here i am now.. In no situation to waste more time. I have done kaplan notes once. I am mid way through first aid. In the next five months should i be sticking to first aid and u world only? Will you please recommend a good strategy to make the maximum out of my time? I really need help.
Thanks!

the most effective strategy is to focus on the high yeild stuff, knowing your weak areas and spending more time on them and good time management. it is hard to give a strict timetable. it depends on many factors, but the best thing to do is to try to use the time that left to prepare well, coz the more you study the higher you will score.

1/26/2015 3:14:42 PM
krystle wrote:
Hi can you give me some advice please I am an img I failed step 1 twice this time I decided to take a Kaplan review coirse
Live prep it helped me a lot however I took nbme right after the course and I got 260 which is 177 please I don't want to fail again

there is no reason to think that you would fail again, just do the usual preparation everybody do, figure out why did you fail last time and focus on the weak areas and do a self assessment test AFTER finishing all your preparation. decide after it whether you want to retake the test or to have more time to revise.

1/26/2015 3:17:10 PM
Mehnazy wrote:
Congratz, please share your last nmbe, 1 month before the exam.

i didnot take any nbme test before the test.

1/26/2015 3:19:47 PM
foreverafter wrote:
Congratulations dr. Abdulla. Good luck with the rest. I wantedvto ask you about how much time shall i dedicate to solving UW Qb? I did not register yet but i need to know if the questions are arranged in blockes or what? Thank you

2 months seems fair. and yes they are arranged in blocks just like the real test.

1/26/2015 3:21:24 PM
desc50304677 wrote:
congrats, that's great, best wishes in your future endeavors, I am just starting to study, $ and time limited. two questions:
1. what does FA mean and
2. how did you study the systems, as in was in just like first aid. I wonder if your FA means first aid (let me know)

jus like the First Aid (FA).

2/1/2015 12:23:29 AM
abdallah112 wrote:

congratulationss..!!
im a beginner...i just started studying n im so lost ...
i started with anatomy ...im referring high yield and kaplan videos ..
i havnt subscribed uworld yet
i dont know if im goin on the right track...coz i want to appear for step 1 this year if possible..
n i think im goin really slow..could u please help me out
should i subscribe uworld right now ..coz it is kinda expensive..
n im waiting for the 2015 first aid edition so havnt started with that..
r the videos important ?
n should i refer kaplan notes or should i refer individual books like high yield n goljan n BRS

2/1/2015 12:25:21 AM
medstudent03 wrote:
abdallah112 wrote:

congratulationss..!!
i dont know if im goin on the right track...coz i want to appear for step 1 this year if possible..
r the videos important ?
n should i refer kaplan notes or should i refer individual books like high yield n goljan n BRS

last ques...when should i apply if im plannin to give the exam this year ...ive just started my third year ..

2/8/2015 2:06:24 AM
medstudent03 wrote:
medstudent03 wrote:
abdallah112 wrote:

congratulationss..!!
r the videos important ?

last ques...when should i apply if im plannin to give the exam this year ...ive just started my third year ..

look, kaplan videos or notes are a must especially in pharmacology, behavioural and bio. the first aid is used after finishing the basic knowledge review. study physiology and pathology from BRS. apply after finishing the offline part(studying) and before starting the online one(the uworld).

2/25/2015 1:21:21 PM
Hi, Congrats, I am an IMG planning to take the exam in a years time, I am still gathering the resources and will love to score a little bit above your score. What advice could you give to me?

2/25/2015 4:37:34 PM
Hi abdallah112,
You got an excellent score, congratulations! I want to ace this test too, and after reading the replies on this posts i was wondering, did you dedicated the whole day, every day of the week to study or were you working or doing an internship at the same time? I'm planning to study for at least 6 months straight everyday except Sundays, just so i can study more and avoid wasting time, but i want to know if it is possible to study just in the afternoons and weekends and still get a good grade. Another question is, do you think FA, Goljan Pathology and the qbank from u world are enough, or do you recommend to at least read kaplan once?

pages: 1 2 3

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK