DISCOURAGED , VERY LOW SCORE ON FISRT ASSESSMENT

6/20/2017 2:16:39 PM
Hello guys, I am not in a good mood right now. I hope someone can give me a very good sincere advice. So after doing about 1000 questions for about 3 weeks, I took my self assessment timed on Sunday to see where how well am doing, However, time was against me when I was on number 43, and I was not able to complete the timed assessment meaning that i still have about 32 questions left, and of cuz, I had a 15% chance of passing. But with the 43 question done , my score was 45%. I know that I have to work on my speed, but honestly am scared now, I changed my nclex date immediately from july 10th to july 14th. At this point I don't know how to work on my speed. I tend to take time to read the question well before choosing my answers. I don't know if this will affect my passing Nclex. This is the issue that I have been having even since school, I may be one of few in class to submit but I always pass, graduated with "honors".
Any advice please. Also with the tutor mode I am at 57 percentile.
Thanks!

6/20/2017 3:31:08 PM
I used to be a long question taker also! Our teachers used to make us sit in class until last person was done doing any form of a test and I was always super embarrassed because everyone would be done way before me. That being said... While using Uworld I have worked on reading through question faster more of skimming over to see the high points. Then, if it's a lot going on in the question I may have to go back through a second time. I have gone from taking about 65-80 seconds on a question to averaging 30-45 seconds a question. What has also helped me is just going with first instinct, since that is what has always held me back second guessing myself. Even with going through questions faster, I am averaging 60-71% on test and ranked in 83rd percentile.
It's hard to change routine and going through questions faster makes me nervous that i'm not going to catch something but it has definitely helped me. And don't get me wrong there are a few times I do miss key words, but for most part it is working better for me rather than worse.

6/20/2017 4:08:49 PM
Thank you so much, its so funny because on the tutor mode assessment , I found out that I have been spending less seconds as less as 22 secs in answering some questions . I think I should not second guess myself and just go with my first guts as u mentioned. I will try that strategy.

Thanks !

6/21/2017 10:04:44 AM
I was always using the untimed mode and spent 2.5 hours answering every 75 questions, analyzing it very well and understand every word in it coz I noticed if i read it too fast i tend to missed some words which made the whole question different and lead me to choose the wrong answer and so far my scores were always 60-75.. I already tooked my exam and finished in 75 questions and i didnt even mind the time lol.. Believe and trust that u will pass.. And pray alot... Good luck

6/21/2017 1:33:22 PM
I took my Nclex this morning. Finished in 75 questions. I would highly advise focusing on the rationales of how it explains why certain answers are right and wrong. Because half my test I had no clue what it was asking about things I literally never heard of, but going through process of elimination like the rationales explain is what helped me!

6/22/2017 5:08:47 PM
cjyi605229 wrote:
I took my Nclex this morning. Finished in 75 questions. I would highly advise focusing on the rationales of how it explains why certain answers are right and wrong. Because half my test I had no clue what it was asking about things I literally never heard of, but going through process of elimination like the rationales explain is what helped me!

Thank you so much, praying for a great success for you.

6/22/2017 5:11:01 PM
fssh973654 wrote:
I was always using the untimed mode and spent 2.5 hours answering every 75 questions, analyzing it very well and understand every word in it coz I noticed if i read it too fast i tend to missed some words which made the whole question different and lead me to choose the wrong answer and so far my scores were always 60-75.. I already tooked my exam and finished in 75 questions and i didnt even mind the time lol.. Believe and trust that u will pass.. And pray alot... Good luck

Thanks so much, oh yes, I am a prayer warrior . so you were able to finish the 75 question in self assessment ? How did u do?

6/22/2017 7:26:20 PM
adzo976558 wrote:
fssh973654 wrote:

Thanks so much, oh yes, I am a prayer warrior . so you were able to finish the 75 question in self assessment ? How did u do?

I just found out in the bon today that i passed. My exam stopped at 75 and it was hard. To be honest i did not mind the time but i got nervous when i saw that i was bit slow haha...i even thought i will continue to answer 76 but it stopped at 75 haha..dont stop studying and never lose hope, a friend of mine got a borderline score on her assessment 2 weeks prior her exam so she got anxious and studied uworld on how and why the answer was wrong or right. I felt like crying while taking my exam coz it was difficult and felt like i was guessing half of it. Keep practicing uworld qs.. My assessment scores were both 65% which ranked as very high chances of passing but then again its not bout the scores cause i read some post they got higher scores but still failed. Be positive and soon you will be an RN. ๐Ÿ˜Š
edited by on 6/22/2017

6/23/2017 2:45:34 PM
Hello, I have successfully passed the NCLEX with 75 questions, and wanted to give advice that has worked for me. My number one strategy is eliminating at least 1-2 answers. First I read the question thoroughly and understand what it is asking me... then I write down on my paper "1,2,3,4", then I go through each option, and think if I think it is for sure TRUE or FALSE.. If I am sure it is incorrect, I just mark out that option (such as option 1 or A) on my paper.. if I am not sure, I read the next one, and I try to eliminate some options, usually at least 2 options I can eliminate. I found this strategy made an immense difference in questions I somewhat know and questions I don't know at all. This has also helped me with SATA questions. As for time, when studying, I typically finish questions quick. However, taking the NCLEX, it took me 3 hours for 75 questions (which is way longer than it usually takes me), and honestly, I did not even worry about the time. You are given up to 6 hours. I gave my full attention to each question, in order to make sure I understand it and answer it to the best of my ability. If I was completely lost, I eliminated what I could and chose the best answer. I also prayed with every single question lol, which I believe is what helped me most. Don't over stress, you have passed nursing school, and now you have just one more obstacle until you are an RN!!! Just focus on reviewing the major complications/points, and keep doing questions!!! As for studying methods, if you are tempted to take extensive notes, what has helped me is making up my own mnemonics or taking very short notes of just main points. Here is a great image to remember some common cancer medications and main adverse effects: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/a2/e1/3b/a2e13b1e537d429651f6125c19c7b1bf.jpg

6/23/2017 4:25:14 PM
fssh973654 wrote:
adzo976558 wrote:
fssh973654 wrote:

I just found out in the bon today that i passed. My exam stopped at 75 and it was hard. To be honest i did not mind the time but i got nervous when i saw that i was bit slow haha...i even thought i will continue to answer 76 but it stopped at 75 haha..dont stop studying and never lose hope, a friend of mine got a borderline score on her assessment 2 weeks prior her exam so she got anxious and studied uworld on how and why the answer was wrong or right. I felt like crying while taking my exam coz it was difficult and felt like i was guessing half of it. Keep practicing uworld qs.. My assessment scores were both 65% which ranked as very high chances of passing but then again its not bout the scores cause i read some post they got higher scores but still failed. Be positive and soon you will be an RN. ๐Ÿ˜Š
edited by on 6/22/2017

6/23/2017 4:31:46 PM
dspz365841 wrote:
Hello, I have successfully passed the NCLEX with 75 questions, and wanted to give advice that has worked for me. My number one strategy is eliminating at least 1-2 answers. First I read the question thoroughly and understand what it is asking me... then I write down on my paper "1,2,3,4", then I go through each option, and think if I think it is for sure TRUE or FALSE.. If I am sure it is incorrect, I just mark out that option (such as option 1 or A) on my paper.. if I am not sure, I read the next one, and I try to eliminate some options, usually at least 2 options I can eliminate. I found this strategy made an immense difference in questions I somewhat know and questions I don't know at all. This has also helped me with SATA questions. As for time, when studying, I typically finish questions quick. However, taking the NCLEX, it took me 3 hours for 75 questions (which is way longer than it usually takes me), and honestly, I did not even worry about the time. You are given up to 6 hours. I gave my full attention to each question, in order to make sure I understand it and answer it to the best of my ability. If I was completely lost, I eliminated what I could and chose the best answer. I also prayed with every single question lol, which I believe is what helped me most. Don't over stress, you have passed nursing school, and now you have just one more obstacle until you are an RN!!! Just focus on reviewing the major complications/points, and keep doing questions!!! As for studying methods, if you are tempted to take extensive notes, what has helped me is making up my own mnemonics or taking very short notes of just main points. Here is a great image to remember some common cancer medications and main adverse effects: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/a2/e1/3b/a2e13b1e537d429651f6125c19c7b1bf.jpg

Woow,! congratulations Thank, Thank you so much for you encouragement. I take short notes as well. I feel much more better hearing this, will definitely look into those cancer medications.

Remain blessed

6/23/2017 5:26:00 PM
That's true learn how to eliminate options, then choose the best answer between the two remaining then read the question again if your answer makes sense.. i watched the kaplan strategies in youtube which helped me too.. i pray every question before i submit it too hehe.. i also finished in 3 hrs lol, im not alone, my other friend finished in 3 hrs too and we both passed in 75 hehe.. take ur time to read every question make sure you understand them well, if you get tired reading close your eyes for few seconds and take a deep breath. dont forget ur meds cause i had alot Of them.. for sata: deal it as true or false / positive or negative statement;choose the unexpected, systemic or acute to answer prioritization, for drag and drop -imagine like you are doing the procedure .. dont forget to sleep well the night before your exam and pray for lots of wisdom and ask him to make you calm and concentrate during the exam... im looking forward to your future post that you pass the exam...i know you will make it ๐Ÿ˜Š
edited by on 6/23/2017

6/23/2017 6:55:29 PM
HELPPP ANY POINTERS ANYONE???

Hi everyone I am also discouraged... i go from getting 46% on the test to 56% then the other day 63% and now today 46% again.... (I graduated three years ago) and due to a few things in my life, I had to put the test on hold. I never stopped and with UWORLD it is helping to refresh my content. This will be my third time taking the test, I never really studied the first two times bc I thought I could do it, but I was wrong! I decided to take assessment 1 to see where I was at and I got borderline. 24TH percentile change of passing! Does anyone know what that means???? Regardless I am reviewing my content from a tutoring class book that I took in January and I started doing 30-65 questions a day of UWORLD & reviewing rationales too as of June, along with that book from the tutor I have, when I finally got approved from the boards to take it. I want to set my goal to take it in August but so unsure with these scores. Help! Does anybody have any knowledge of UWORLD or any pointers they can give me so I can conquer this test?!! Thank you
edited by on 6/23/2017
edited by on 6/23/2017

6/24/2017 8:13:27 AM
padi665420 wrote:

Hi everyone I am also discouraged... i go from getting 46% on the test to 56% then the other day 63% and now today 46% again.... (I graduated three years ago) and due to a few things in my life, I had to put the test on hold. I never stopped and with UWORLD it is helping to refresh my content. This will be my third time taking the test, I never really studied the first two times bc I thought I could do it, but I was wrong! I decided to take assessment 1 to see where I was at and I got borderline. 24TH percentile change of passing! Does anyone know what that means???? Regardless I am reviewing my content from a tutoring class book that I took in January and I started doing 30-65 questions a day of UWORLD & reviewing rationales too as of June, along with that book from the tutor I have, when I finally got approved from the boards to take it. I want to set my goal to take it in August but so unsure with these scores. Help! Does anybody have any knowledge of UWORLD or any pointers they can give me so I can conquer this test?!! Thank you
edited by on 6/23/2017
edited by on 6/23/2017

Hi, i know its disappointing when u get low score but keep practicing answering uworld question everyday and understand the rationale. Was that your first assessment? You can take your second assessment few days before taking the exam and after answering all questions in the qbank then you will see improvement๐Ÿ˜Š. You can also try to answer 75 qs in untimed mode first then read the incorrect rationale first ( analyze it why you got them wrong) then take some notes so you can review them again after.When you see you're already improving then try 75 qs in timed mode before taking the next assessment ( just an advice).. Dont lose hope! I was out of school for more than 10 years now and had to start from zero, i just studied everyday to the best i can and also prayers helped me to keep going ... If i can do it so you can. ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„ stay positive...Good luck.
edited by on 6/24/2017
edited by on 6/24/2017

6/24/2017 12:12:52 PM
hi,my name is Jan i read all that you posted..i was also out of school for more than 10 years now..i took the test last february 2017 i didnt make it..now i am trying to get back!i finished the 1 month subscription and i want to purchase again uworld.I also signed up for a live in class for 3 days this july and planning to take the test on or before month of august this year.To be honest i was so depressed when the result came out as fail..but it didnt stop me from dreaming to become an RN.I love reading most of messages here which help me to build more courage and hope..It touches my soul, i know i am not alone we just continue praying and have faith to him..I want us all to be successful in our chosen endeavor.
edited by on 6/24/2017

6/24/2017 3:41:47 PM
Thanks everyone1

6/24/2017 3:44:08 PM
fssh973654 wrote:
padi665420 wrote:

edited by on 6/23/2017
edited by on 6/23/2017

Hi, i know its disappointing when u get low score but keep practicing answering uworld question everyday and understand the rationale. Was that your first assessment? You can take your second assessment few days before taking the exam and after answering all questions in the qbank then you will see improvement๐Ÿ˜Š. You can also try to answer 75 qs in untimed mode first then read the incorrect rationale first ( analyze it why you got them wrong) then take some notes so you can review them again after.When you see you're already improving then try 75 qs in timed mode before taking the next assessment ( just an advice).. Dont lose hope! I was out of school for more than 10 years now and had to start from zero, i just studied everyday to the best i can and also prayers helped me to keep going ... If i can do it so you can. ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„ stay positive...Good luck.
edited by on 6/24/2017
edited by on 6/24/2017

Do you know what 24th percentile means???

6/24/2017 5:28:50 PM
padi665420 wrote:
fssh973654 wrote:
padi665420 wrote:

edited by on 6/23/2017
edited by on 6/23/2017

edited by on 6/24/2017
edited by on 6/24/2017

Do you know what 24th percentile means???

Percentile is a comparison of your performance with the performance of other users. A pth percentile means that p% of people have scored less than you. The percentiles shown here are in no way related to the actual exam scores. It only indicates your relative performance when compared with other self-assessment users.

- i just copied this from my assessment analysis. This is uworld's own description. Hope it helps. ๐Ÿ˜Š

3/26/2018 11:40:36 PM
Does assessment 1-2 is only 1 exam to evaluate?

6/20/2018 4:33:15 PM
adzo976558 wrote:
Hello guys, I am not in a good mood right now. I hope someone can give me a very good sincere advice. So after doing about 1000 questions for about 3 weeks, I took my self assessment timed on Sunday to see where how well am doing, However, time was against me when I was on number 43, and I was not able to complete the timed assessment meaning that i still have about 32 questions left, and of cuz, I had a 15% chance of passing. But with the 43 question done , my score was 45%. I know that I have to work on my speed, but honestly am scared now, I changed my nclex date immediately from july 10th to july 14th. At this point I don't know how to work on my speed. I tend to take time to read the question well before choosing my answers. I don't know if this will affect my passing Nclex. This is the issue that I have been having even since school, I may be one of few in class to submit but I always pass, graduated with "honors".
Thanks!

6/20/2018 4:33:46 PM
adzo976558 wrote:
Thanks!

6/20/2018 4:47:01 PM
Hello, I just did my first assessment and I received a 62% in the 73 rd percentile and the little message said "high chance of passing". This was encouraging for me since my tests range from 50 to 64! I read somewhere if you can get between a 55 and a 77 on the tests that you can pass NCLEX. I take my exam on 7/11. I would like to have a better study plan, still feel unorganized but I do believe that our thoughts are powerful! Envision yourself walking out of Pearson a licensed RN, write your name with RN behind it. And every day sit down to your computer and say out loud "I can pass this test"!

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK