UWorld is seeking 5 remote-working, internal-medicine physicians to write and edit content for our web-based products. Authors will collaborate with a team of physicians, editors, and illustrators to produce high-quality content for our USMLE™, Internal Medicine, and Family Practice Qbanks.
Ideal candidates will be pursuing a schedule that provides a constant balance of clinical work and non-clinical work. Authors will continually update their medical expertise while educating tomorrow's doctors via our innovative and interactive platform.
- Total work schedule will include:
- a minimum of 25% clinical hours per month (hospital-based or outpatient practice) with remaining nonclinical hours performed weekdays, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (remotely from home or office).
- Clinical requirement can be flexible:
- one week of a hospitalist position per month; or
- two weeks of a hospitalist position per month; or
- two and one half days per week of outpatient practice; or
- five half days per week of outpatient practice
- Must be ABIM® certified or eligible
- Must have professional writing skills
- Exhibit exceptional communication skills, superior medical knowledge, and a passion for training future physicians
- Prior experience in writing board-style questions or working in an academic institution is preferred
- Must have performed well on standardized testing
Compensation and Benefits
- Compensation on par with (or higher than) clinical work
- Additional benefits package available (including health/life insurance and paid time off) for physicians committing to a minimum of 50% nonclinical work
- Additional growth not commonly awarded with 100% clinical work
- No calls or weekends for nonclinical work
Email cover letter, CV, USMLE scores, and 3 sample USMLE- or ABIM-style questions with detailed explanations (in MS Word or PDF format) to firstname.lastname@example.org