Home » Step 2 CK » I got my result!!!!!!
pare76708219 (Posts 1) - 9/22/2011 6:04:53 PM
 
Thanks God, I got my result, 99/226
Here is my expriences;
UWorld Qbank: 75%
UWorld Self Assessment form 1: 520/224( sorry I am not sure about exact score )

NBME form 3: 480/225

But I was nervous before real exam because my NBME and UWorld self-assessment scores for step 1 were so brilliant, but unfortunately I got 89/212 in step 1. Anyway I realized my fault was not taking break between2 blocks.

I used these materials for step 2:
Kaplan lecture notes = 1 time review (I could not finished OBGYN and Pediatrics) and just take 1-2 blocks of Kaplan Q book.
The boards and wards= almost 3/4 of this book I could study but it is very helpful!!!!!
1st aid for step 2= 1/3 of this book I completed
Dr Conrad Fisher flashcards= almost all of them. (It is really useful)
Kaplan lecture notes videos = almost 3/4 of them
I did USW Q Bank twice.

I spent 5 months for preparation but notice it was a part time study because I have little son and otherwise I am working about 35 hrs per week!
It means if you have opportunity to study as full time you can prepare it in 3-4 months.

Never forget to have break after any blocks. Never rely to easy and short questions. My 1st block started with 20 easy and short Q's but after I spent half of my time for them, long and difficult Qs came up and I lost 2 qs in my 1st block just because of it.Most of Qs were so lengthy and I did not have spare time for most of the blocks.
But let’s me share my most important experiences, Praying to God is the most important factor, we have to do our best and after all, we have to leave it to Almighty God. Pray, pray and pray. Never trust only to your preparation or talents.[/b]
Have good sleep the night before and have some candies (not sugar free candies, your brain needs much more sugar, forget your diet!!!!!!!!!!) because your break time is very short and you just can go to rest room and wash your face (wash it with cold water; it is more useful for alertness and refreshment of your eyes). Have a light lunch. Don’t be nervous or anxious. If I could do it, you can do it too.
GOOD LUCK,
GOD BLESSING ALL OF YOU
BEST WISHES


Neurologist-Tan (Posts 1) - 9/23/2011 12:12:14 AM
 
Hi, congradulation!

Thanks for your fantastic experience!

Strengthen your application package with research, paper since your step1 is not good enough (my step1 is almost the same as yours: 213/90%).

good luck!

God will be with you!

jojo42316405 (Posts 1) - 9/23/2011 1:47:27 AM
 
congratulations.

When did you get your result because there were no results out in the past month and wont be out till Sept 28.

Unless you got your result last month or something.


either way.....congrats.

pare76708219 (Posts 1) - 9/23/2011 12:32:52 PM
 
Neurologist-Tan wrote:
Hi, congradulation!

Thanks for your fantastic experience!

Strengthen your application package with research, paper since your step1 is not good enough (my step1 is almost the same as yours: 213/90%).

good luck!

God will be with you!


Thank you for your advice ,I am doing research and I have publication and presentations. But I have not received any IM interview yet.
Thank you again

ahal33139331 (Posts 1) - 9/23/2011 12:41:17 PM
 
pare76708219 wrote:
Thanks God, I got my result, 99/226
Here is my expriences;
UWorld Qbank: 75%
UWorld Self Assessment form 1: 520/224( sorry I am not sure about exact score )

NBME form 3: 480/225

But I was nervous before real exam because my NBME and UWorld self-assessment scores for step 1 were so brilliant, but unfortunately I got 89/212 in step 1. Anyway I realized my fault was not taking break between2 blocks.

I used these materials for step 2:
Kaplan lecture notes = 1 time review (I could not finished OBGYN and Pediatrics) and just take 1-2 blocks of Kaplan Q book.
The boards and wards= almost 3/4 of this book I could study but it is very helpful!!!!!
1st aid for step 2= 1/3 of this book I completed
Dr Conrad Fisher flashcards= almost all of them. (It is really useful)
Kaplan lecture notes videos = almost 3/4 of them
I did USW Q Bank twice.

I spent 5 months for preparation but notice it was a part time study because I have little son and otherwise I am working about 35 hrs per week!
It means if you have opportunity to study as full time you can prepare it in 3-4 months.

Never forget to have break after any blocks. Never rely to easy and short questions. My 1st block started with 20 easy and short Q's but after I spent half of my time for them, long and difficult Qs came up and I lost 2 qs in my 1st block just because of it.Most of Qs were so lengthy and I did not have spare time for most of the blocks.
But let’s me share my most important experiences, Praying to God is the most important factor, we have to do our best and after all, we have to leave it to Almighty God. Pray, pray and pray. Never trust only to your preparation or talents.[/b]
Have good sleep the night before and have some candies (not sugar free candies, your brain needs much more sugar, forget your diet!!!!!!!!!!) because your break time is very short and you just can go to rest room and wash your face (wash it with cold water; it is more useful for alertness and refreshment of your eyes). Have a light lunch. Don’t be nervous or anxious. If I could do it, you can do it too.
GOOD LUCK,
GOD BLESSING ALL OF YOU
BEST WISHES



Congragulation...I am FMG and need only to PASS the CK2, high score is not important...I have been adviced to do UW only, do you think it is enough? Thank you for your reply .

J ED60617623 (Posts 1) - 9/23/2011 12:42:18 PM
 
Congrats for result on CK. It s been already asked but, again when did you take your test? AS you know we r all stressed out and need clear and simple answers so to better understand how USMLE manage everything.
Thanks

pare76708219 (Posts 1) - 9/23/2011 12:42:19 PM
 
jojo42316405 wrote:
congratulations.

When did you get your result because there were no results out in the past month and wont be out till Sept 28.

Unless you got your result last month or something.


either way.....congrats.

Thanks,
I got my result 3 weeks after my exam date ,on Wednesday (It will always release on Wednesday.
Good luck.

J ED60617623 (Posts 1) - 9/23/2011 4:32:31 PM
 
Sorry man, would you mind tell us the DATE you took the exam?

pare76708219 (Posts 1) - 9/23/2011 5:56:59 PM
 
ahal33139331 wrote:
pare76708219 wrote:
Thanks God, I got my result, 99/226
Here is my expriences;
UWorld Qbank: 75%
UWorld Self Assessment form 1: 520/224( sorry I am not sure about exact score )

NBME form 3: 480/225

But I was nervous before real exam because my NBME and UWorld self-assessment scores for step 1 were so brilliant, but unfortunately I got 89/212 in step 1. Anyway I realized my fault was not taking break between2 blocks.

I used these materials for step 2:
Kaplan lecture notes = 1 time review (I could not finished OBGYN and Pediatrics) and just take 1-2 blocks of Kaplan Q book.
The boards and wards= almost 3/4 of this book I could study but it is very helpful!!!!!
1st aid for step 2= 1/3 of this book I completed
Dr Conrad Fisher flashcards= almost all of them. (It is really useful)
Kaplan lecture notes videos = almost 3/4 of them
I did USW Q Bank twice.

I spent 5 months for preparation but notice it was a part time study because I have little son and otherwise I am working about 35 hrs per week!
It means if you have opportunity to study as full time you can prepare it in 3-4 months.

Never forget to have break after any blocks. Never rely to easy and short questions. My 1st block started with 20 easy and short Q's but after I spent half of my time for them, long and difficult Qs came up and I lost 2 qs in my 1st block just because of it.Most of Qs were so lengthy and I did not have spare time for most of the blocks.
But let’s me share my most important experiences, Praying to God is the most important factor, we have to do our best and after all, we have to leave it to Almighty God. Pray, pray and pray. Never trust only to your preparation or talents.[/b]
Have good sleep the night before and have some candies (not sugar free candies, your brain needs much more sugar, forget your diet!!!!!!!!!!) because your break time is very short and you just can go to rest room and wash your face (wash it with cold water; it is more useful for alertness and refreshment of your eyes). Have a light lunch. Don’t be nervous or anxious. If I could do it, you can do it too.
GOOD LUCK,
GOD BLESSING ALL OF YOU
BEST WISHES



Congragulation...I am FMG and need only to PASS the CK2, high score is not important...I have been adviced to do UW only, do you think it is enough? Thank you for your reply .


Hi
I believe it is really important but may be not sufficient.But it depends on your clinical knowledge and experiences that you did learn and build up before in your med school. You can take a NBME self-assessment (timed and standard and for sure online form) and then base on your estimation you can decide what you wanna do.
Good luck

pare76708219 (Posts 1) - 9/23/2011 6:00:57 PM
 
J ED60617623 wrote:
Congrats for result on CK. It s been already asked but, again when did you take your test? AS you know we r all stressed out and need clear and simple answers so to better understand how USMLE manage everything.
Thanks


I took my test in the end of July and I got my result on Wed. 8/24/2011.
Best wishes

pages: 1