215/91... not sure how to feel

9/7/2011 2:33:43 PM
I'm not overly thrilled. I was really hoping to be >220... although I heard marks this year in general were lower... and I thought it was perhaps more important to be over 90 (so mission accomplished!). But I feel like a 215, being below the national avg (222 this yr), is disappointing- and might limit my residency opportunities.

I'm wondering if it's true that step 2 scores can make up for mediocre step 1 scores... and also how to feel. Because quite honestly, I feel slightly cheated... I worked really hard and a 215 seems somewhat anticlimactic. Honest input appreciated. Thx

9/7/2011 4:57:26 PM
i feel the same way. i thought i did way better, at least a 220-225.
got the scores on the 31st and saw a 194/79. i was dejected and still am.

i hear that step 2 scores are a little more important nowadays.
so we just have to kill it and see where it takes us.

but congrats on the score! i'd kill for that.

9/7/2011 5:06:35 PM
Congrats maxsurg....touching 90 is a great score..Can you please share your Nbme & UWSA scores...& how you worked on improving them...How to improve genetics & behav science?Please share your last months preperation.& All the best on your next steps.

9/7/2011 5:46:40 PM
I spent 3 months studying... did Kaplan > FA > UW x 2

The first 2 months I was reviewing all material with Kaplan and doing selected questions with UW annotating my FA. UWSA #1 - 210 (week 7 of studying), UWSA #2 - 225 (week 8 of studying). With 1 month left I reset UW and spent 2 weeks really focusing on FA and then did NBME #7 - 214 (week 10). I was crushed since 2 weeks prior I had achieved 225 with UWSA #2. I was told UWSA tends to over-inflate scores and that NBME is the best predictor. With 2 weeks to go I just did UW questions ~4 blocks a day. I was selecting all and doing the sections timed to try and simulate test day. The week before my exam and second time going through UW I was averaging 75-80%/blocks.

Maybe my expectations were too high but I definitely felt after the non-summer I had studying I deserved a better score. Here's hoping step 2 goes better! Good luck to everyone!

1/9/2014 2:00:24 PM
got the same score.dont know how to feel.was expeting >220..they stopped reporting percentiles.the national average is 227 with standard deviation of 22.feeling a little broken.any advise please??

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK