Aug 2nd New format Step 2ck takers

8/25/2011 6:04:08 PM
To all my friends who took their Step 2 ck exam on 2nd Aug and had the new format:

I called up ECFMG regarding the results and was told we would have to wait till Sep 28th.

I was shatterd b'cos I had scheduled my exam for 2ng Aug after reading their news bulletin which clearly says:

New format introduction: ON OR AROUND AUG 3RD

Delay in score reporting: FROM AUG 3RD TO MID-SEPTEMBER.

I pointed this out to the lady who spoke to me, All she had to say was that my result would be delayed, there was nothing that could be done.

I was hoping to have my result ready before starting to apply on Sep 1st, and this is a big blow on me...

Anybody on the same boat, please call up ECFMG, e-mail them, and please point out the fact that the announcement says that though changes can start anytime around 3rd august, the delay in reporting would be FROM 3rd Aug, according to them.

Further, they have made a new announcement saying ALL those who took their exams in new format will have a delay.

It is technically not possible to evaluate without performance data on the new format, but maybe they can count those new questions as dummy and evaluate our performance based on the rest of the exam.

It was not our fault we got the new format exam and it is unfair that we have to wait...

8/25/2011 8:05:12 PM
You are right, I took mine on 3rd, had 3 blocks with 42 qs which means plenty of abstract. Hopefully before 28th those results can start coming out. God cleary sees our determination, He shall provide comfort in positive result for us.

Good luck to you all who gave the exam from Aug 2nd and on..

8/25/2011 10:41:26 PM
hi friends, can u plz tell me where to look for the new format of questions in CK exam... have no idea about it....

8/26/2011 4:17:24 PM
viku53386772 wrote:
hi friends, can u plz tell me where to look for the new format of questions in CK exam... have no idea about it....

Pls visit this site for further info regarding the new format of qs.

http://www.usmle.org/general_information/Announcements.aspx?ContentId=58

8/26/2011 8:36:46 PM
Hello friends,
I, too, wrote this exam on August 2nd. I did so with the anticipation of receiving my score prior to September 1st, so that I could be more competitive for the match process.
I spoke to a representative of ECFMG, who was unnecessarily rude about the situation. My speculation is that they are getting bombarded with phone calls and emails (as they should be). For every comment, concern or question I made/asked, her response was "you need to read the website."
I assured her I had, and politely pointed out that the format was to change on or around the 3rd of August, yet the score delay would affect those taking the exam from August 3rd through mid-September.
In a word, this is terribly unfortunate for us. I firmly believe every attempt should be made to rectify the situation, however, it is no longer in our hands. The information is unclear, period. Why they decided to make such a change at such a crucial time is far beyond me.
We must stay positive, focused, and keep in mind that this is just one of many obstacles we have to overcome. Surely residency programs have been made aware of this delay. For whatever small piece of mind it may offer, we did what we were supposed to do, and we wrote this exam with the intention of avoiding the score delay. Eventually, everything will work out.
Thank you for your time and my apologies for the rant!
All the best to each of us, and God speed with our score reports.

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK