Fellowship in US after D.N.B. India...?

2/28/2011 10:24:17 PM
Hi.
I heard that D.N.B. India is 'recognized' in USA.

What does it mean by Recognized?

Can you do fellowship directly after DNB and MLE exams without residency?

If so what are advantages and Disadvantages of this?

Can you practice in US after that fellowship or is it a strictly a type ofStudent exchange program where you have to return to India?

If anyone has First hand information or if you know someone who is doing residency/felloship after DNB, help me solve this doubt.

If you know any official site where I can have authentic information, that is also great!

3/16/2011 10:36:20 AM
hi , there is nothing called as recognised in US whether its DNB or MD or whatever of any country. U can apply for fellowship directly here after getting ur ECFMG certificate but u will not be able to practice after that here. For practise in US u need Step 3 and residency , without which u will not get work permit.
I think this DNB recognisition is a big hype up thing in India and i dont know why. Forget it , it doesnt works

3/16/2011 10:56:08 AM
Thank you for the correct information.

Now I can concentrate on my rightful resources.

3/16/2011 11:45:33 AM
nothing to get dishearten, its always good to come and do fellowship after DNB/MD from India, its very good learning experience and when u go back to India its value is enormous. So if u want to learn a superspeciality , USMLE is the best option but if u want to practice and stay in US then u have to do residency again here.

8/15/2022 8:25:01 AM
ajgo65908174 wrote:
nothing to get dishearten, its always good to come and do fellowship after DNB/MD from India, its very good learning experience and when u go back to India its value is enormous. So if u want to learn a superspeciality , USMLE is the best option but if u want to practice and stay in US then u have to do residency again here.

I need someone who can guide me through USMLE step 1 preparations.
Thanks

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK