Regarding ECFMG Pathway 1 Expansion, please help

10/18/2020 5:00:52 AM
ECFMG recently expanded Pathway 1 and I am confused about the wording. They said:

"Pathway 1:

The types of licenses that satisfy the requirements for Pathway 1 have been expanded. The following has been added as acceptable:

Applicant has held a license/registration to participate in postgraduate medical education (i.e., a provisional or training license/registration for postgraduate training) in any country at any time on or after January 1, 2015.
The license does not need to permit unsupervised practice.
A provisional or training license/registration for the purpose of participating in pregraduate clinical training does not meet the requirements for Pathway 1."

So my question is: does ECFMG now allow people who did not complete their internship but have a provisional license to enter this Pathway, or are they saying that only people enrolled in a postgraduate course are allowed to enter via this Pathway. I heard elsewhere that a "provisional license that allows postgraduate training" is not the same as a "provisional license". Please explain if you can.

6/19/2022 6:25:37 PM
I need a study partner please let me know if you are available

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK