Passed step 1

8/3/2020 6:12:45 AM
I just want to thank all of you in this forum for your unwavering help in my Step 1 journey.
finally got my step 1 pass now onto CK.
Here are my progress on self assessment scores:

UW Q bank (All done with timed mode for a month)=82%

NBME 17 ( 9 months before the exam)=222
NBME 18 (1 week before the exam)= 238

Here are my comments on how to go through the step 1 exam preparation.

1. Set a date for the exam. Unless you do this, it will take you forever. This was the worst mistake in my case. I was putting lots of excuses to procrastinate (while my close colleagues got through residency even with an average score). I mean be bold and committed. After all, life is full of risks.

2. If you are not good with basic concepts, First Aid is not gonna help you. I'll suggest the the Goldusmle 8 weeks ONLINE INTERACTIVE course cut down my study time immensely and helped me structure my prep properly they tell you what to focus on and what to memorize, what not to worry about..

3. Now it is time for starting First Aid together with Goldusmle online rapid review and UWorld Q bank. Try to read First Aid by organ systems so that you will do questions on UWorld by organ system too. Please don't do UWorld Q bank questions in tutor mode. Please do all of them in a timed mode. If possible, try to do 4 or more blocks per day in an exam like environment. This will really help you pace yourself during the real exam. In relation to UWorld Q bank score, I know you may feel frustrated when you score like 56% or 45%. Trust me I used to score 56% when I began UW Q bank questions. One last but very important thing is to go through the explanations of each questions and make notes as much as you can. Don't try to think of doing UW Q bank again; it is so much that you won't have enough time. I'll advise to take notes and redo questions in relations to your weakest parts. Self-assessments: I'd say NBME is more predictive of how your exam score looks like. UWSA 1 & 2 are good but their prediction bars are poor.

Finally, I wish you all the best in your step 1 exams and beyond.

8/3/2020 6:13:58 AM
it took me about 8-10 weeks for my prep the final two weeks I just did questions.

8/10/2020 9:19:49 PM
zptc464706 wrote:
I just want to thank all of you in this forum for your unwavering help in my Step 1 journey.
finally got my step 1 pass now onto CK.
Here are my progress on self assessment scores:

UW Q bank (All done with timed mode for a month)=82%

NBME 17 ( 9 months before the exam)=222
NBME 18 (1 week before the exam)= 238

Here are my comments on how to go through the step 1 exam preparation.

1. Set a date for the exam. Unless you do this, it will take you forever. This was the worst mistake in my case. I was putting lots of excuses to procrastinate (while my close colleagues got through residency even with an average score). I mean be bold and committed. After all, life is full of risks.

2. If you are not good with basic concepts, First Aid is not gonna help you. I'll suggest the the Goldusmle 8 weeks ONLINE INTERACTIVE course cut down my study time immensely and helped me structure my prep properly they tell you what to focus on and what to memorize, what not to worry about..

3. Now it is time for starting First Aid together with Goldusmle online rapid review and UWorld Q bank. Try to read First Aid by organ systems so that you will do questions on UWorld by organ system too. Please don't do UWorld Q bank questions in tutor mode. Please do all of them in a timed mode. If possible, try to do 4 or more blocks per day in an exam like environment. This will really help you pace yourself during the real exam. In relation to UWorld Q bank score, I know you may feel frustrated when you score like 56% or 45%. Trust me I used to score 56% when I began UW Q bank questions. One last but very important thing is to go through the explanations of each questions and make notes as much as you can. Don't try to think of doing UW Q bank again; it is so much that you won't have enough time. I'll advise to take notes and redo questions in relations to your weakest parts. Self-assessments: I'd say NBME is more predictive of how your exam score looks like. UWSA 1 & 2 are good but their prediction bars are poor.

Finally, I wish you all the best in your step 1 exams and beyond.

Hi!
May I know your step 1 score. I would like to enroll in Goldusmle.I would appreciate your response.

Thanks

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK