USMLE help for all

7/27/2020 6:29:36 PM
Hello everyone,

I hope everyone is safe and well. Between the pandemic and the collective grief of the current crisis around the world, I think our daily routines are interrupted, and it isn't easy to focus on anything, to say the least. I hope you give priority to your health and wellbeing. Given the current crisis, I want to offer my help by providing review classes to struggling students at a very reduced rate and some for free.

About me: MD-PhD, I went to US medical school and did very well in all the exams, am currently wrapping up the Ph.D. component of my training. I have extensive experience in tutoring the USMLEs; I have successfully helped several med students (current and old medical graduates) reach their desired goals; references are available upon request. I was a member and made study buddies in many USMLE prep forums, including this one during my board prep time, I, therefore, can relate to your daily struggles.

Please note, I'll only teach for a few weeks to those interested. For instance, I'm teaching molecular and cell biology to some students from my institution this week; the classes will be held through WebEx for free, you are welcome to join us. Just shoot me an email, and I'll give you access to the class.

You can also send me a private email through this platform for a free session of study techniques or request help with any USMLE topic, and I'll try to accommodate your request.

Thanks,

FI.

7/28/2020 12:37:41 AM
I got a failing score on USMLE step 1 exam and I have been surprised to see such a low score, I memorized all of usmle success academy notes and it did not help me on the real exam. I read first aid and did the usmle success academy course in Chicago, it was a total waste of time and money, they did not even teach me how to answer questions properly and the content was wrong, I had to correct the instructor a few times on things that were wrong, I wasted my time and money and now they wont even offer a refund, they wont answer my calls, I tried to call them anonymous and they answered since they thought I was trying to sign up. USMLE SUCCESS ACADEMY IS A SCAM AND FRAUD FOR USMLE STEP 1 please beware of this scam program that guarantees pass. ANY COMPANY THAT GUARANTEES PASS IS A TOTAL SCAM
I do not know how I am going to get into residency with a fail on step 1 especially now that it is PASS/FAIL
I do not recommend USMLE SUCCESS ACADEMY AT ALL, please watch out for this scam ripoff class.
thiis is their scam location beware of this class it is not good.
-Address: 1821 Walden Office Square, Ste 555, Schaumburg, IL 60173

7/28/2020 10:00:36 AM
adhq220074 wrote:
Hello everyone,

I hope everyone is safe and well. Between the pandemic and the collective grief of the current crisis around the world, I think our daily routines are interrupted, and it isn't easy to focus on anything, to say the least. I hope you give priority to your health and wellbeing. Given the current crisis, I want to offer my help by providing review classes to struggling students at a very reduced rate and some for free.

About me: MD-PhD, I went to US medical school and did very well in all the exams, am currently wrapping up the Ph.D. component of my training. I have extensive experience in tutoring the USMLEs; I have successfully helped several med students (current and old medical graduates) reach their desired goals; references are available upon request. I was a member and made study buddies in many USMLE prep forums, including this one during my board prep time, I, therefore, can relate to your daily struggles.

Please note, I'll only teach for a few weeks to those interested. For instance, I'm teaching molecular and cell biology to some students from my institution this week; the classes will be held through WebEx for free, you are welcome to join us. Just shoot me an email, and I'll give you access to the class.

You can also send me a private email through this platform for a free session of study techniques or request help with any USMLE topic, and I'll try to accommodate your request.

Thanks,

FI.

7/28/2020 4:06:57 PM
sbbu166482 wrote:
I got a failing score on USMLE step 1 exam and I have been surprised to see such a low score, I memorized all of usmle success academy notes and it did not help me on the real exam. I read first aid and did the usmle success academy course in Chicago, it was a total waste of time and money, they did not even teach me how to answer questions properly and the content was wrong, I had to correct the instructor a few times on things that were wrong, I wasted my time and money and now they wont even offer a refund, they wont answer my calls, I tried to call them anonymous and they answered since they thought I was trying to sign up. USMLE SUCCESS ACADEMY IS A SCAM AND FRAUD FOR USMLE STEP 1 please beware of this scam program that guarantees pass. ANY COMPANY THAT GUARANTEES PASS IS A TOTAL SCAM

Sorry to hear that you failed your first board exam, it must be devastating. Please note, the pass/ fail will not be in effect until January 2022.

If I may, I would like to give you a few free suggestions; 1) take a few days off to clear your head, vent, and reset. 2) you can do it again, try to do it on your own this time, take a baseline NBME, and go from there. You mentioned that you memorized all of your notes; unfortunately, memorization alone is not going to help you with any of the boards, you need to figure out to understand the concepts first, integrate, then memorize. YOU SHOULD ONLY MEMORIZE AFTER YOU UNDERSTAND. There are few scientifically proven study techniques that you can employ to succeed in your prep. 3) Do lots of questions, you need to have a system to approach questions and know how to dissect each question.

Boards are not easy exams, have a plan to help you through it. Don't give up! Reach out to me if you need any help with study techniques.

I wish you all the best

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK