MY STORY--I PASSED + ADVICE

7/17/2018 3:55:25 PM
Take a deep breath. Clear your mind. Try your best to stay calm.
***If you don't really care about my background, just scroll t the bottom to see how I used UWorld (ya'll ain't trying to read all of this--thats what i did lol)***

I did not know what to expect from NCLEX but I knew I needed a content review. I signed up for a live review for 12 days in the area i am from. It is called Excell review and they go to California, Chicago, and Las Vegas. The content was good and they gave good advice and review over Adult Health, PEDS, Psych, and Maternal and Geri and highlighted important things that were known to be on the NCLEX. The review is very pricey in my opinion ($540) but it was a good starting point for me. I could have went to Mark Klimeck's review learned much more and kept the rest of the money lol!!! I did not even finish the review class, i stopped going after day 10 and I skipped two days. So in total i only really went for 7 or 8 days. I completely missed the psych and maternal lectures. I was just not motivated plus the place was 2 hours away!! (It was too hot to be doing all that back and forth). I also felt like by the time i got my authorization to test I would forget most of it. I took the items that were given to me and kept them to be studied later on. Also during this time I bought my UWorld subscription (May 11th) and started doing questions from time to time, especially after my lectures. I never did more than 10 -20

I did not actually get motivated till the end of May, I was online and saw a few of my classmates who had passed the exam and had begun positions. That put some fire up my a** to get to work. The next week i mailed all my documents to my Board of Nursing and just thought to myself "if they say no i'll wait. Within a week on June 18th I got my ATT. Turns out my state did not need transcripts they had a system to verify I graduated. From that day onward I started to study harder.

I researched so many things about the NCLEX (including a ritual of coming here every morning before studying to read posts about passing, how to utilize UWorld better, and those who failed what they thought they could do better. Registered Nurse RN is amazing i used most of her videos for more content review. She is so thorough and easy to understand. Her southern twang helped to solidify the material that I watched on her page. I bought Lacharity P,D,A. I used it only for a few chapters (it ain't all its hyped up to be). I used a study guide i found online (really helpful)-"Emma's Test taking strategies". My studying was erratic and it was everywhere. My only constant was UWorld. I did a majority of my studying from UWorld, Registered Nurse RN, and Mark Klimeck.

Test day: Got there a bit early, and my nerves were through the roof!!! Did the checking in and started my exam after going through all the rules. I TELL YA'LL, the first question off the bat, no idea. Like i had heard of it, but i did not know how to answer, I could immediately eliminate one but the other ones were just crazy. I picked the best i could rationalize. Did this throughout the whole test. There were some i definitely knew and others I could not decide, and they are not playing when they say that most of the test was SATA. I got about 45. I had one EKG and two Pharm questions. At 75 the exam shut off and I knew I FAILED, I was out by 3pm. I cried a bit and moved on. It was what it was. I'd just take it again and study better and not finish my Q bank some days before my exam. I got home and did the PVT, (i couldn't wait)... GOOD POP UP. I did it a few more times throughout the day GOOD POP UP.

This morning I checked the IDFPR which is notorious for posting exam results before Pearson and it had said i PASSED.

***Message me or just let me know if you have any questions.

7/17/2018 3:56:59 PM
Uworld: I did oookayy on UWorld, in the beginning I used it with tutor while being timed. After a while (closer to my exam date) I turned off tutor and instead tried to get used to not seeing answers and not worrying about the last question but focusing on the one in front of me. On friday the 13th i took the UWorld self assessment 1 and got in the 85th percentile, high chances of passing (SURPRISINGLY). I finished my question bank on Saturday July 14th, (my test was yesterday Monday the 16th). I ended on the 78th Percentile, and did about 180 of the questions I missed. I did not take a day to rest and not study, i was nervous and did not feel adequately super prepared to take the NCLEX. I didn't sleep much Saturday night and woke up to keep studying. Sunday I did not study as much because i was drained. I woke up around 4 am Monday morning and listened to Mark Klimeck tapes again, skipping around to things I did not know. In the uber on my way to the testing center i read some notes i made on my phone.

7/19/2018 6:55:16 PM
Congratulations!!!! i was wondering if you could share Mark Klimeck recordings please and thank you in advance. my email
[email protected]

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK