Very out of school and a foreign graduate

7/12/2018 2:00:25 PM
Hi to all!
Today I got my quick results and decided to share my experience...
Officially, I am around 30 years after med school in my country. (BTW, English is my third language so if I make some mistake, do not pay attention) I used to be an MD in my home country and after moving to US 12 years ago I started to passing USMLE boards and passed, but for a few years couldn't find a residency spot (I think mainly due to age) and for a while I gave up. But my husband talk me into a retraining school for MD to become a nurse and I thought why not? As the retraining school was also foreign it took me almost 2,5 years to get my ATT and take the test.

I used mainly UWorld (this is the best resourse), read Saunders once, and went through med-surg book by Lewis, Bucher. also find an electronic version of the La charity Prioritization and last 2 weeks I found Mark Klimeks audios (which are awesome), and NClex study guide (which is floating somewhere on the internet). My overall on UWorld were 63% before doing wrong questions, first self-assessment I took right at the beginning - it gave me borderline passing; and second one I did 3 weeks prior my test. I got 58% and high chance of passing.

Exam was...I don't know how to describe it even, some questions were very vague, I had around 20 SATA, 2 EKGs and 1 positioning question. No math, but a lot of Psych and I hate psych, really. Format was similar to UWorld but the phrasing of the questions were different. My exam stopped at 189. Did the PVT after 2 hrs and got a good pop up, but you never sure until you get the results.

So, now I think I am the oldest one here and I DID IT!!!

Congrats to everyone who passed!!!
Good luck to everyone who is going to!!!
If you have any questions feel free to ask!
edited by on 7/12/2018

7/12/2018 3:34:09 PM
This is so amazing & encouraging to read, especially while I get ready to take NCLEX.
CONGRATS ON PASSING it is WELL DESERVED! I hope I am next!

Do you know where I can get the Mark Klimek Audios you used? & How long did you prep for NCLEX?

7/12/2018 4:58:38 PM
Jonathan25366068 wrote:
This is so amazing & encouraging to read, especially while I get ready to take NCLEX.

Do you know where I can get the Mark Klimek Audios you used? & How long did you prep for NCLEX?

Send me your email, I"ll pass it over.
I studied 2,5 month

7/12/2018 5:14:38 PM
DiKh78415189 wrote:
Jonathan25366068 wrote:

Send me your email, I"ll pass it over.
I studied 2,5 month

[email protected]

THANK YOU!

7/12/2018 6:13:00 PM
congratz!!! can you also send it to me pls. my email is [email protected]

Got it!!! Thanks!
edited by on 7/12/2018

7/12/2018 11:12:40 PM
Congratulations!. Please send me the videos of mark klimek audios to my email [email protected]
Thank you and God Bless you.

7/12/2018 11:16:08 PM
congrats on passing! =)

i'll be taking mine august 21

could you send me the mark klimek's audio lecture as well? i haven't had luck finding it

[email protected]

7/13/2018 5:50:45 PM
Hello,
Congratulations!! Can you also share with me your Mark Klimek's audio? My email is [email protected]. Thank you so much!!

7/14/2018 10:39:08 AM
What an awesome post. I am also out of school for many years and preparing to take the NCLEX. Can you share the Mark Klimek's audio lecture with me as well? [email protected]

Thank you!

7/15/2018 2:50:44 AM
Congratulations on passing!! Im also foreign and in my 30's. Will take my nclex exam in 3 weeks. Can you please send me also mark klimeks audio lecture please? [email protected]
Thank you so much!

7/15/2018 10:01:36 AM
Good Morning! I am a "foreign graduate" almost 40. Been a RN for 10 years and I graduated in Puerto Rico. I take my test on Tuesday. I keep only getting 50's and 60's on the tests on UWORLD. I am EXTREMELY worried. I have been without work for over 18 months and a lot depends on this test.

What is the score of your pre test? I feel like I need to postpone my test.

7/15/2018 5:33:08 PM
aqqe918056 wrote:
Good Morning! I am a "foreign graduate" almost 40. Been a RN for 10 years and I graduated in Puerto Rico. I take my test on Tuesday. I keep only getting 50's and 60's on the tests on UWORLD. I am EXTREMELY worried. I have been without work for over 18 months and a lot depends on this test.

What is the score of your pre test? I feel like I need to postpone my test.

Hi! My scores were 50-60% at the beginning< later it went up to 65%, sometimes 70%. Don't look to the scores. Are you making notes of the rationales or reading them? I think you never feel prepared for the test. Did you try self -assessment?

7/15/2018 5:52:54 PM
DiKh78415189 wrote:
Hi to all!
Officially, I am around 30 years after med school in my country. (BTW, English is my third language so if I make some mistake, do not pay attention) I used to be an MD in my home country and after moving to US 12 years ago I started to passing USMLE boards and passed, but for a few years couldn't find a residency spot (I think mainly due to age) and for a while I gave up. But my husband talk me into a retraining school for MD to become a nurse and I thought why not? As the retraining school was also foreign it took me almost 2,5 years to get my ATT and take the test.

I used mainly UWorld (this is the best resourse), read Saunders once, and went through med-surg book by Lewis, Bucher. also find an electronic version of the La charity Prioritization and last 2 weeks I found Mark Klimeks audios (which are awesome), and NClex study guide (which is floating somewhere on the internet). My overall on UWorld were 63% before doing wrong questions, first self-assessment I took right at the beginning - it gave me borderline passing; and second one I did 3 weeks prior my test. I got 58% and high chance of passing.

Exam was...I don't know how to describe it even, some questions were very vague, I had around 20 SATA, 2 EKGs and 1 positioning question. No math, but a lot of Psych and I hate psych, really. Format was similar to UWorld but the phrasing of the questions were different. My exam stopped at 189. Did the PVT after 2 hrs and got a good pop up, but you never sure until you get the results.

edited by on 7/12/2018

7/15/2018 5:53:28 PM
DiKh78415189 wrote:
Hi to all!

edited by on 7/12/2018

7/15/2018 9:09:47 PM
DiKh78415189 wrote:
Hi to all!

edited by on 7/12/2018

7/15/2018 9:11:53 PM
Congratulations! Thank you for your input... I am super nervous about taking mine in a couple of weeks...can you please share the Mark Klimek audio [email protected], Thank you!

7/16/2018 9:40:27 AM
DiKh78415189 wrote:
Hi to all!

edited by on 7/12/2018

7/16/2018 9:42:59 AM
DiKh78415189 wrote:
Hi to all!

edited by on 7/12/2018

congratulations!!! i am also a foreign grad and 30 plus and still trying to get my license here. Can u please send me you mark klemek audio. i have been seeing a lot of posts regarding his audio being used as one of their review resources. Thank you so much. [email protected]

7/19/2018 6:58:29 PM
congratulations!! i was wondering if you could please share the Mark Klimek's audio lecture
My email
[email protected]

Thank you!

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK