Those who passed, how were your scores on UWorld?

4/13/2018 5:13:42 PM
What were your Overall Performance scores? Percentile Rank?

Taking my NCLEX in a week. Would love some indication that I got this!

4/13/2018 9:16:10 PM
My scores were subpar. I was scoring mid 50’s and low 60’s and rarely a 43%. I scored in the 42nd percentile and overall 53% with 475 questions left to spare.

I passed with 108questions. Trust UWORLD and review the rationale.

To me, UWORLD was far more challenging than the actual NCLEX. I couldn't tell the difficult questions from the hard ones because to me they were all sorta easy. I receive a WHOLE TON of select all that apply (which is another indicator of you doing well)...

So try not to stress UWORLD is a great tool to prepare yourself.

4/16/2018 5:42:43 PM
QBank: 68-69%, 96-97th Rank Overall [Median Score 48th rank]
* 2,436 Total Questions + 150 from 2x Assessments
- 120 questions unused
- Actual Dedicated studying: approx. 1 month

2-Weeks Prior to NCLEX Exam, took a 75 question Practice test each morning
- 75 question Mixed Question Block :

End of January Start: 61.3% [Ave. 50%]
-to-
2x days prior to Exam: 88% [Ave. 50%]
* Average of all 75 quesiton practice tests: 72.81%

Assessment 1: 61%; Very High
Assesment 2: 72%; Very High

NCLEX @ 82-85 questions
PASS

As many have posted in previous threads, the rationales are key - read & learn both right and wrong. Use the performance data to see what subject matter you need to improve on and spend time doing those and testing on the missed categories. Your test taking abilites will drastically improve with both SATA & MC questions. The Test Analysis results will show you what areas are more heavily focused on, as shown by the sections that have more questions.
EVERY persons NCLEX experience will vary and is very random in regards to how you are tested. Look into CAT for how the test analyzises are you progress.

MAJOR point: YOU KNOW ALL THIS! Be 1000% Confident that you will PASS!
The nursing program + science courses have covered each of the topics/areas/terms . . . This is a detailed refresher/tutor. Stay focused & don't lose hope. The NCLEX will be a breeze if you put in the work through UWorld. Most will say I over did it, in my opinion, no such thing.

YOU CAN & WILL PASS !!!

^ From a previous post but thought it might help . . . . Good Luck!

5/21/2019 5:11:23 PM
nlnx866399 wrote:

5/31/2019 11:10:38 PM
cjrj447996 wrote:
nlnx866399 wrote:

How did you do and what were your averaging scores ( take mine in a week)
edited by on 5/31/2019

6/3/2019 1:35:08 AM
nlnx866399 wrote:

I started out with mid 50s to mid 60s and kept that trend all the way through. My overall percentile was 63rd. I passed in 75 qs

10/24/2019 10:35:56 AM
My overall performance score is in the 72nd percentile--I got 60% of the test bank questions correct. I was studying for a solid two months, but perhaps sat down and really hammered in the information for 1.5 months (Im talking 10 hour days at a time, maybe more).

Unused: 80 questions

My assessment 1: I scored 55%, was borderline chance of passing, and to be honest, that's because I took the exam at 11pm after studying the whole day and thought I had enough energy to score well--real dumb on my part lol. I took this assessment 5 days before my exam

I never bothered to take assessment 2 because I was confident at this point. I was scoring around 60-70% on my assessments (granted, my "assessments" were 30 questions at a time AT MOST because thats how I felt I retained the information better, and wasn't overwhelmed). Sometimes I scored 100's, occasional 80, mostly 60-70's though.

I took the exam and did the entire 265 questions! My weakest area was pharmacology and EKG. Suffice to say, my entire exam was based on those two topics. I received maybe around 35 SATA, 20 pharm, a few OBGYN, (no peds, maybe 5 mental health), A LOT of priority and ECG readings, and honestly, a LOT of questions I never heard of. UWorld was good as far as seeing a similar formatting on the exam and helping you sharpen your elimination skills...but id say 75% of my exam was judgement and critical thinking. Therefore, a lot of content i studied on Uworld wasn't too helpful. I was shocked because I clearly did well on the study site, but come the exam, I was bombarded with a lot of content I never heard of. Uworld in my opinion, was a lot easier than the exam. Perhaps its because I sat for the entire 265 questions and i was tiresome come 150, but I thought it was really difficult. I left the exam site disheartened convinced I failed. Alas, I didn't and 2 weeks later, received my license number! So honestly, the exam comes down to nursing judgement and ability to critical think. Use uworld as a guide, but NOT recall. Uworld was FAR EASIER than the exam
edited by on 10/24/2019

10/25/2019 3:13:55 AM
I was averaging around 60s-70s and I finished the whole question bank. It really helped a lot to finish it. I took two of the assessments and got a high chance of passing on both. I passed the NCLEX with 265 questions. I would say the questions on the NCLEX is a lot similar to uworld. Uworld I think is harder. I knew I kept forgetting some of the stuff I studied for that’s why I know why I reached to 265. Study all the rationales on uworld and finish the test bank it will definitely improve your test scores.

10/26/2019 6:43:22 AM
I started really using UWORLD before I graduated in September. I took a few questions here and there but wasn't invested due to trying to graduate and my senior practicum. My first test I got 42%. I remembered that I learn best when I write and read the rationales and so I went back to what helped me through nursing school. After that my scores increased and ranged from 57% - 74%. The 74% I attribute to really good guessing btw. My performance was 56% and I did just shy of 1500 questions. A few tips I can recommend:

take notes using UWORLD

use the pictures as flashcards

write rationales for ALL answers write or wrong - can help you with another question

take the questions you got wrong and do them again - a few days later

READ ALL RATIONALES

I took my assessment 3 days before the NCLEX. I figured I would be scoring a low 60 on the assessment based on how I was doing with the questions. I got a 54% and freaked out. I searched all forums regarding passing the NCLEX and how the scores correlate to passing or failing. I was completely consumed others input which in turn made me a nervous crying wreck for 48 hours. Anxiety was through the roof to the point of can't eat can't sleep stuff. Whaaaaa? For the next two days I reviewed rationales and looked at the pictures I used for flashcards even though everyone says to chill out the days leading up to your exam.

On Oct 17, 20109 I questioned every answer and hoped that the test would shut off in 75. When it went to 76 I told myself to settle in, its goin to be a long road. The test cut off at 78 and immediate relief that it was over. Found out I passed the night I went to work when I checked my email and my license had been issued from the state Best advice review rationales daily and take questions daily to get in the mindset for the NCLEX.

5/31/2021 5:25:30 PM
[i just took the self assessment and got a 61% when the average was 56% and it said i had a low chance of passing. Why?

quote=yntd938570]QBank: 68-69%, 96-97th Rank Overall [Median Score 48th rank]
* 2,436 Total Questions + 150 from 2x Assessments
- 120 questions unused
- Actual Dedicated studying: approx. 1 month

2-Weeks Prior to NCLEX Exam, took a 75 question Practice test each morning
- 75 question Mixed Question Block :

End of January Start: 61.3% [Ave. 50%]
-to-
2x days prior to Exam: 88% [Ave. 50%]
* Average of all 75 quesiton practice tests: 72.81%

Assessment 1: 61%; Very High
Assesment 2: 72%; Very High

NCLEX @ 82-85 questions
PASS

As many have posted in previous threads, the rationales are key - read & learn both right and wrong. Use the performance data to see what subject matter you need to improve on and spend time doing those and testing on the missed categories. Your test taking abilites will drastically improve with both SATA & MC questions. The Test Analysis results will show you what areas are more heavily focused on, as shown by the sections that have more questions.
EVERY persons NCLEX experience will vary and is very random in regards to how you are tested. Look into CAT for how the test analyzises are you progress.

MAJOR point: YOU KNOW ALL THIS! Be 1000% Confident that you will PASS!
The nursing program + science courses have covered each of the topics/areas/terms . . . This is a detailed refresher/tutor. Stay focused & don't lose hope. The NCLEX will be a breeze if you put in the work through UWorld. Most will say I over did it, in my opinion, no such thing.

YOU CAN & WILL PASS !!!

^ From a previous post but thought it might help . . . . Good Luck![/quote]

6/18/2021 3:18:11 PM
Hi guys,

I took the NCLEX on Monday and passed in 75 questions. UWORLD is the only resource I used to study and completed ~ 1700 questions with an average of 70% at the end. Both self assessments gave me a very high chance of passing which eased some of my nerves. Everyone has a different study style and you should focus on what works for you - be it question bank alone, QB + Saunders/ HESI review/ notes/ etc. FOR ME -UWORLD was ample to pass the NCLEX. YOU MUST READ and UNDERSTAND EVERY RATIONALE PROVIDED!! I felt like the NCLEX was exactly like UWORLD in terms of how the screen looked, which made the exam go a little smoother. DON’T BE FOOLED: The NCLEX is definitely a challenging exam and I felt like I was failing the exam. However, I kept answering the questions to the best of my ability and kept moving on. Half my exam was SATA so be sure to practice these questions offered by UWORLD. The more questions you get correct, the more SATA you will get on the exam and the more you feel like you are failing, but keep your confidence, answer to the best of your ability, and go with your gut instinct!

6/18/2021 5:46:33 PM
nlnx866399 wrote:

Hi, I took my NCLEX June 18, 2021.
My UWORLD averaged 55% and I reviewed 57% of the content.
My Assessment #1 was a 65%, which was an indicator of a VERY high chance of passing.
My Assessment #2 was a 61%, which was an indicator of a high chance of passing.
I took breaks and studied in my free time. I did not feel rushed or anxious to study and when I studied I reviewed every rationale, and spent special time on the wrong answers.

My Kaplan, which I barely used, was an average of 55%.
I only took test trainers #1-3 and my tests scores were 56%, 53%, and 56% respectively.
My Kaplan Secured Predictor was a 58% and my RN Readiness A was a 56%.

I never looked at the rationales on Kaplan because I felt like Uworld's were SO much better. I just used the trainers when I wanted to test myself on what I learned in Uworld.

The thing that helped me the most (besides UWORLD of course) and the only thing I wrote down for my NCLEX on paper (because I LOATHE note-taking), was Mark Klimek. When he tells you something, take it as Gospel. He was an outstanding source on Spotify for me. I listened to a few of his lectures the few nights before I took my NCLEX to keep his tricks and subjects fresh in my mind. I think you can find it on Youtube as well.

I passed my NCLEX in 75 questions. And found out on June 17, 2021 that my license was posted on my state website. I also did the Pearson VUE Trick and it gave me the good popup. I did it about 30 minutes after I took my NCLEX. Thank you JESUS.

For those of you who are worried about not getting that 60% average or doing as well as all of your friends, don't worry. You have got this. Don't compare yourself, just read your rationales and keep going. Don't stress out with studying, just review when you have the time to be able to read all of your rationales. Studying isn't well received without first knowing why you got something wrong/right. Don't let it become your life, and most importantly BREATHE and RELAX. Trust that God has your back. You are where you are supposed to be. God put you in this very position to be an influence to others, no matter the result. You are in God's HANDS.

The song that I listened to driving to my NCLEX testing center was Be Alright- Evan Craft, Danny Gokey, Remidi2. It helped me so much to know that God has me no matter what happens.

6/25/2021 8:53:10 PM
Hello,
I was scoring averages of 60% and above on 75q practice exams. I would do one of these everyday and review the information on missed and correct questions, using Saunders to read more in depth if need be. I finished about 80% of the test bank and passed my NXLEX in 75 questions on June 22nd. I took notes as needed and just reviewed rationale. UWORLD is the way to go, sets you up perfectly for the NCLEX.

2/14/2023 1:23:47 AM
nlnx866399 wrote:

HIII FUTURE NURSES!!!!! I am writing this to send words of encouragement for your upcoming NCLEX-RN exam and to believe in yourself. Reading other posts really helped me and I wanted to do the same for someone else.
I graduated nursing school in Dec 2022 and didn't start studying for nlcex until first week of Jan 2023. My school had exit HESI so that helped me with what to do study and where to focus my study content on.

ANYWAYS.... my UWORLD test scores: well... not the best compared to others. I completed 1491 questions (69% used) and my overall bank score was 55%. I had 2 self assessments, the first one I took Tuesday, Feb 7th. Keep in mind my test was scheduled, Friday Feb 10th. I got 59% HIGH chance of passing. THEN next day Wednesday, I took another self assessment and got 50% LOW chance of passing.... This killed all my confidence and really upped up my anxiety.

I really thought I wasn't capable of passing. My issue was that I wouldn't take the time to REALLY read the question and answer options throughly. NCLEX is easier than Uworld so as long as you're doing practice questions and reading the rationales, YOU WILL BE OKAY!!! DO NOT LET YOUR ANXIETY GET TO YOU.

I also listened and took notes from the 12 Mark K lectures. I really took my time with those and did one a day and actually took hand-written notes while I listened and reviewed those notes by myself then had one of my family members test me for what I learned that day.

DAY BEFORE EXAM:
Okay so I have really BAD anxiety and when Im not reviewing or doing questions, I really start to overthink and feel guilty like I'm not doing enough. SOOO AFTER all the advice of not to do anything the day before your exam, I did NOT listen. Was it a mistake??? possibly as I took a Kaplan CAT test and got a RED overall (which is bad lol) and really got in my head like wtf am I doing. Especially with my previous scored being GREEN overall.

SOOOO if you're going to do something the day before your exam I really just recommend reviewing your notes and IF you do end up doing questions or any practice exam, DO NOT ALLOW YOUR SCORE (good or bad) get in your head. Then go do something for yourself, something you enjoy for the rest of day. Try to sleep early and eat healthy. I literally went to sleep 10 o'clock and woke up every 2 hours out of nervousness until 6am.

I did the full 145 questions and really made sure to take my time to read the question and take breaks when needed. I did the pop up trick later that day and got a GOOD pop up. Tonight officially I got my exam scores and PASSED.

I PROMISE YOU, IF I CAN DO IT.. SO CAN YOU!!!!!!!! believe in yourself. You aren't going to know everything and that is okay. You know enough. YOU ARE STRONG, SMART, AND CAPABLE!!!!

MAKE NCLEX your B******!!!! good luck sending positive vibes to anyone who is reading this

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK