My step 3 experience

4/13/2018 4:21:11 AM
Hello,

I would like to share my step 3 experience because I feel there's not much of it in the forums.

I'm an IMG PGY-1 Internal Medicine resident, which made studying a little bit more difficult but somehow feasible.

My step 1 and 2 scores are average and below average, respectively. I took step 2CK a year and a half ago and I felt like I had forgotten absolutely everything.

Because of crazy hours at work I was only did 75% of uworld (once), and this is all I did. I took the first UWSA about a 5 weeks before the test and I got a 196. Then, 10 days before the test I took the second UWSA and I got a 194 (even a lower score!!). My goal was just to pass the test, and I wasn't even doing that on the assessment. I was freaking out and almost changed my exam date, but I asked for advice to people that had taken it recently and they told me to go for it, so I did. I was very nervous because the time and effort I dedicated to step 3 was minimal and not comparable to the previous tests. The UWSA underpredicted my score by far. My final score was 216 and I was so relieved when I opened that email.

There are just a few posts like this in the forum, and I just hope telling you my numbers make you feel better and more confident before taking the test.

Best of luck!

4/15/2018 7:45:33 PM
Thank you for sharing your experience and congrats for passing. Would you mind sharing your experience with CCS. Did your cases end early? How was it overall?

marlyrodriguez wrote:
Hello,

I would like to share my step 3 experience because I feel there's not much of it in the forums.

I'm an IMG PGY-1 Internal Medicine resident, which made studying a little bit more difficult but somehow feasible.

My step 1 and 2 scores are average and below average, respectively. I took step 2CK a year and a half ago and I felt like I had forgotten absolutely everything.

Because of crazy hours at work I was only did 75% of uworld (once), and this is all I did. I took the first UWSA about a 5 weeks before the test and I got a 196. Then, 10 days before the test I took the second UWSA and I got a 194 (even a lower score!!). My goal was just to pass the test, and I wasn't even doing that on the assessment. I was freaking out and almost changed my exam date, but I asked for advice to people that had taken it recently and they told me to go for it, so I did. I was very nervous because the time and effort I dedicated to step 3 was minimal and not comparable to the previous tests. The UWSA underpredicted my score by far. My final score was 216 and I was so relieved when I opened that email.

There are just a few posts like this in the forum, and I just hope telling you my numbers make you feel better and more confident before taking the test.

Best of luck!

edited by on 4/15/2018

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK