Failed the Nclex-RN Exam, Need Help

4/7/2018 1:47:45 PM
Hi everyone, I took the Nclex-RN Exam for the first time on February 02nd 2018 and failed. I used U world's 30 day subscription that included the self assessment. My scores were borderline but was determined to pass the 1st time. I was so discouraged because a lot was going on with me at the time. I decided shortly to retake the N-clex RN Exam and scheduled my second attempt for April 10th 2018. I was feeling better about the taking the exam because I was improving in my Uworld practice exams. One week before my scheduled exam, I took the Kaplan practice exam and I didn't do so well. I rescheduled my Nclex-RN for May 1st. Does anyone have any words of encouragement to offer and tips to pass this exam?
Thank you.
edited by on 4/7/2018

4/7/2018 8:06:14 PM
I’m the same place ... I took my test today and the computer shut off at 75 and I think that I failed...

4/8/2018 5:49:21 AM
weje894089 wrote:
Hi everyone, I took the Nclex-RN Exam for the first time on February 02nd 2018 and failed. I used U world's 30 day subscription that included the self assessment. My scores were borderline but was determined to pass the 1st time. I was so discouraged because a lot was going on with me at the time. I decided shortly to retake the N-clex RN Exam and scheduled my second attempt for April 10th 2018. I was feeling better about the taking the exam because I was improving in my Uworld practice exams. One week before my scheduled exam, I took the Kaplan practice exam and I didn't do so well. I rescheduled my Nclex-RN for May 1st. Does anyone have any words of encouragement to offer and tips to pass this exam?
Thank you.
edited by on 4/7/2018

4/8/2018 5:57:32 AM
im also scheduled to take the nclex exam on april 17. My first attempt was last year month of june. As long as we practice answering 75-150 questions a day i think we have a better chance of passing, thats what my sisters who are both usrn advised me. I know its really nerve wracking when the exam is approaching but we have to stay focused and determined and also ask for guidance from Him. Good luck to all of us.

4/8/2018 12:45:25 PM
Any websites or materials that I can use for test taking strategies? THank you!

4/9/2018 5:41:38 AM
xelq877275 wrote:
Any websites or materials that I can use for test taking strategies? THank you!

Hi. I would like to share how I studied with uWorld coz it helped me pass in 75 questions my first try.

Try studying by subject, not questions from all topics. Try choosing Fundamentals/Skills/Leadership first as they have tons of prioritization/which to assess first/SATA questions. Then do all the other subject areas which are your weaknesses.

Somebody posted this and I followed it. It was already the last 2 weeks before my exam but it made all the difference. It helped me remember the rationales better.

And I did all my questions in tutorial mode. I couldn't do 75-100 questions a day. It was way too much for me. I did 20, 30, then 40-50-60 questions every other day because I made sure I understood all rationales, correct or wrong. At first I was so worried because many had posted to do 100 questions everyday which I found hard to do. But in the long run, I followed what works for me.. follow my own pace. It's not how many questions you can finish in a day but how well you understand and retain the information. I was able to finish 1,700+ questions in my Qbank over 3 months. I did my 1st Assessment 5 days before my exam, the 2nd Assessment 3 days before the exam, scoring with Very High and High chance of passing.

I used La Charity book before uWorld, nothing else. I found that uWorld prepares you really well because their questions are so challenging you learn new info all the time.

Most Important of All : don't forget to PRAY AND PRAY AND PRAY. Ask your family and church and friends to pray for you. No matter how prepared you are, God is still in control.

4/9/2018 5:15:48 PM
hi! everyone! took my 2nd test and failed i received the letter. i don't understand, when i took the test i went up to 90 questions and on going still until it turn off. i don't know until what number test questions ends. But on my letter its says "You answered 77 items."....close passing standard, either just above it or just below it, had to answer the maximum of number of 265 item. " and soon. yes, i have the percentage result ( not pass)
But , my question, why its recorded i took only 77 item question, and i know a answered 90 question when i check it during the test and still continue answering. Please, some one explain to me. i don't understand how my performance or how the precise pass or fail decision. i failed before ... 75 question and it turn off. But the letter said i answered 75 question, which i know that and remembered. But the 2nd test now. I remembered my number questions answered. and I remembered i have hard select all you can question most of the time.

Please, anyone has a clue how, graded or how it scored. please. need understanding.
Now, I am continue studying Uword and needed to renew it but need to know what/ whre /how i went wrong again.
Help, please. thank you!
Goodluck to test takers and congrats to all who pass.
edited by on 4/9/2018
edited by on 4/9/2018

4/10/2018 1:03:24 PM
Hello guys I’m in the same boat took it yesterday ran out of time and got 220 questions... I was getting crazy questions left and right .. but i know failed .. it was my third attempt .. so frustrating and upsetting I put so much time this time for nothing and now to do it all over again 😪😪😪 . I still have hope ofcourse .. but just trying to figure something different cuz obviously what I did didn’t work 😰😰

4/10/2018 10:50:35 PM
nspu881143 wrote:
weje894089 wrote:
Thank you.
edited by on 4/7/2018

4/10/2018 10:56:41 PM
I Wrote the NCLEX in Canada. been out of school for almost 2 years. Just went back and reviewed the entire NCLEX RN by Saunders and then videos on youtube(Khan Academy and Oasis), and also registerednursern.com. Backed up with Uworld, the sky was the limit. i answered all the questions and reviewed after. and redid some of he section that were incorrect. Didnt have time to go through every rationale but i felt okay And i was somewhat ready but still nervous. I don know which one of you believe in GOD. but he was my rock and i passed my exam with 76 questions just as i have prayed and served God in my church. Just received my congratulatory result today.

4/12/2018 10:02:37 AM
My advice is to stay away from Kaplan. It’s too hard and the rationales suck. I passed the second time with Uworld. I did 75 questions per day and wrote down the rationales, studied my written notes, and created a word document filled with charts from Uworld. The night before the test, I had a drink. Doing all of that worked for me.

4/13/2018 1:32:29 AM
xmyl702941 wrote:
hi! everyone! took my 2nd test and failed i received the letter. i don't understand, when i took the test i went up to 90 questions and on going still until it turn off. i don't know until what number test questions ends. But on my letter its says "You answered 77 items."....close passing standard, either just above it or just below it, had to answer the maximum of number of 265 item. " and soon. yes, i have the percentage result ( not pass)
But , my question, why its recorded i took only 77 item question, and i know a answered 90 question when i check it during the test and still continue answering. Please, some one explain to me. i don't understand how my performance or how the precise pass or fail decision. i failed before ... 75 question and it turn off. But the letter said i answered 75 question, which i know that and remembered. But the 2nd test now. I remembered my number questions answered. and I remembered i have hard select all you can question most of the time.

Please, anyone has a clue how, graded or how it scored. please. need understanding.
Now, I am continue studying Uword and needed to renew it but need to know what/ whre /how i went wrong again.
Help, please. thank you!
edited by on 4/9/2018
edited by on 4/9/2018

Hi! So NCLEX adds some questions that do not count towards your passing grade (meaning they do not affect your grade) but they are used as potential questions in future NCLEX exams. I had to do about 35 of them.
Hope that helps answer your question. And please don't give up on your dream of passing your NCLEX!!

4/15/2018 3:10:19 AM
xmyl702941 wrote:

Help, please. thank you!
edited by on 4/9/2018
edited by on 4/9/2018

4/20/2018 11:50:22 PM
If you had enough of content, you might wanna try HAPPYNCLEX- it will teach you a lot about strategies on how to answer nclex questions. =) best of luck

4/21/2018 10:22:42 PM
gpzp221912 wrote:
Hello guys I’m in the same boat took it yesterday ran out of time and got 220 questions... I was getting crazy questions left and right .. but i know failed .. it was my third attempt .. so frustrating and upsetting I put so much time this time for nothing and now to do it all over again 😪😪😪 . I still have hope ofcourse .. but just trying to figure something different cuz obviously what I did didn’t work 😰😰

i'm in your same boat! I took it on 4/19 and failed for the 3rd time...i'm also devastated... I'm not sure what else to use either...

4/24/2018 9:55:37 PM
Hi i just took the nclex exam last april 17, 2018 and thankfully i passed the exam at 76 questions. My advise is just keep on answering uworld everyday, patiently understand the rationales and keep a little notebook with all the normal values, vital signs, formulas, mnemonics and whatever you wanna write in there for reference and read that everyday. My uworld subscription is for 30 days and i extended for 7 days because i wanted to finish all the 2000 plus questionnaires and get back to all my incorrect questions. On the exam day relax and dont let the nerves get to you, focus on the questions and DO NOT get distracted by looking at the clock and at what number you are in frequently at the right upper corner of your screen as much as possible don't even glance at it to prevent you from panicking or get you out of focus. I know the anxiety level is rising when exam date is nearing but believe me the actual nclex and uworld questions is almost similar. Last but most importantly do not forget to pray because we all know that prayer is the most powerful weapon. Trust in Him to guide you on your exam. Goodluck

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK