NCLEX in december

9/8/2017 12:56:22 AM
I plan to take the exam in december. I have read through a whole textbook in addition nclex question bank. today I took the self-assessment nclex readiness predictor and had a low chance of passing. i need advise on how to go plan my studying again ,cuz i am really confuse on how to manage this few months left.

9/14/2017 12:05:24 AM
December is pretty far away. I dont suggest you take that long to study. Dont worry about the predictor. Just understand rationales and dont overstudy. Focus on teaching, gain confidence with SATA, review EKGs, basic nursing care, and practice prioritization. If you have done the book and the bank then you seem almost ready. Over studying will clog your brain. Trust me, I've been there

9/14/2017 1:17:19 AM
First of all, congratulations on passing nursing school. Just one more test to go !

I don't know when you graduated but as the person whom posted above me suggested , I would not wait too long to test. My suggestion for you is to to get a notebook and fill the first few pages with your basics. Things such as lab values (electrolytes, blood labs, etc.), specific diets, diagnostic tests, and so on and so forth. Then go back and redo your questions but this time as you do them and you get to a question you aren't too familiar with the information presented, write it in your notebook. Review this notebook of content at least every other day and continue to do questions. Try to do 75-100 a day. I find it's easiest to do them in smaller increments. I always did them in 10-15 increments on tutor mode so I can get feedback immediately. Doing it that way I didn't get burnt out too quickly and I was able to get 100 questions done everyday easily. Try this for 2-3 weeks and take your 2nd assessment and see how you do. Good luck!

9/14/2017 3:05:26 AM
Please any suggestion on how to handle SATA Questions?

9/15/2017 4:47:23 PM
ksou700620 wrote:

Sata just needs practice. The more you practice the better. With SATA never overthink. Go with your gut because most likely it is correct. For SATA focus on teaching questions. Just keep practicing to gain more confidence.

9/18/2017 2:02:30 PM
ksou700620 wrote:

I have not taken the NCLEX yet, but I did fairly well on the exit hesi. My term 3 instructor gave us great hints on SATA questions. The most important thing to realize is that each possible answers do NOT relate to each other, they only relate to the question. After reading the question go through each answer as a true and false to the question, or ask yourself: does it apply, or NOT apply. Do not look at all possible answers as a group.

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK