Step 3 and IMG

5/11/2017 12:29:11 PM
I would like to thanks Uworld for their excellent study material! I did my exam in two consecutive days on late February 2017. Last week I received the results and I have passed the exam!!
I am an IMG from Venezuela. I am an anatomic Pathologist with 10 years of practice in my country. I have done my Step 1 and step 2 ck in 2002, step 2 cskills in 2008.
The key here is focus! I researched first for one week in all the forums that I could see how much I needed to study. I found here in a post from 2012 that if you were an IMG and had more than 6 months from having done the other steps you should study AT LEAST 8 MONTHS. Whoever you are thanks for that tip!!
Then I decided after careful research that I was going to study only with Master the boards the latest edition, and I was going to read it at least three times.
I started on July 2016. Sometimes it was difficult but I studied every day. And at that time I had four jobs that I needed to keep ( a country with a huge inflation). After I had study twice the book I decided to get the best bank of questions that I think is what Uworld offers for 1 month. And after that I did the statistics course also from here. And the Clinical cases course.
I want to tell you all that EVERYBODY can do this only you need to focus in what is the best material for you and stick with it.

5/11/2017 11:15:18 PM
Congrats on the test!!
one questions, how similar is the qbank from here to the actual questions? what were your average on your questions and the real score? i present mine in 2 weeks

5/13/2017 11:38:24 AM
gabocahe wrote:
Congrats on the test!!
one questions, how similar is the qbank from here to the actual questions? what were your average on your questions and the real score? i present mine in 2 weeks

HI!! Well I think they are very similar in difficulty. In my experience the first day was the most difficult because of stem questions. Do not get discouraged by that please. The second day was easier and clinical cases were also easy to handle, even though in some of them I could not give the final diagnosis.
When I did Uworld qbank I got my scores between 50-60%. My Step 3 score was 207.
Good luck in your exam!!!

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK