Third times a charm!

3/27/2017 2:59:24 PM
I found out this morning that I officially passed the NCLEX! This was my third time taking the test. I heard from a friend that UWorld was a great resource for her. The first time I prepared by using Hurst. The second time, I used UWorld along with Hurst. The third time, I decided to try UWorld along with the Mark Klimek review course and I loved both! I renewed my UWorld subscription, and I completed almost the whole set of questions that were offered. I recommend that you read each and every test question even if you answered them correctly with the rationales. It was very informational! I took the assessment test a couple of weeks prior to my NCLEX date to see where I stood. I actually had a second assessment test since I had renewed, but I never took that based on my results from the first assessment. UWorld is great and I highly recommend it! Thanks for the help UWorld!

3/28/2017 3:29:51 PM
Big, big congrats to you!

I take my 3rd try on April 6th, and I have to ask, because it sounds like you were in the same boat as me: when you finished the test bank (i finished) did you just go over wrong questions, or do a mixed of all questions?
I took the self test about a week or two ago and got borderline :\, but I haven't finished the test bank at that time and the questions I got, I wasn't a 100% sure and did not see previously. But the way I scored (if it was a CAT test) I trended upwards!

Right now, I am doing LaCharity, mixed questions from the "all" portion (since I can't use unused anymore, obviously) and wrong questions.
I also wrote out all rationales especially if i still did not understand it.
I dont know why I am feeling more confident this time but, any advice?

So happy for you and you're new path outside of limbo!! Bless You!

3/28/2017 3:58:18 PM
Thank you! I'm sure you'll do great when you take it this next time!
By the time I was close to finishing the bank, I only had a week left to study. At that time I focused on the Klimek material. If I had more time, I probably would've just gone over the questions that I had gotten wrong since I knew I didn't know the material in the first place. I did go over my rationales for my assessment test including the correct questions. Don't worry, I got borderline on my assessment. I just wanted to make sure I understood the rationales behind all of the questions from the assessment. I didn't let that discourage me, because it said it didn't guarantee it's how you'll do on the NCLEX.
I also used the Lacharity book, went through that twice, and thought that was helpful. If you're writing out the rationales that's good, because you're still studying the material and letting it sink in. I think the resources you're using now are great! You sound like you tried different ways of studying this time and to me you sound more confident by the ways you've prepared.
When you take your test, don't expect it to shut off at 75 questions. Be prepared for 265! Mine stopped this time around 115, unlike 220-240 the previous times.
Best of luck, I'm sure you'll do great this time!

7/15/2018 11:21:18 AM
I have taken the NCLEX 2 times and have gotten 265 questions each time. I am using Uworld and I have the Mark Klimek book, but not the audio. Would you happen to share? You don't have to but I thought I would ask. I feel I really need a content review. Thanks so much! [email protected]

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK