Study advice needed for an MD/PhD

8/29/2015 1:36:10 AM
Hi,
I'm an MD/PhD returning to 3rd year next year. It's been so long since I was last in med school I've forgotten a LOT. I have a fair amount of time this year to study, and I am looking for advice about good prep materials for 3rd year and Step 2. I was thinking about doing Kaplan High Yield videos + Step Up to Medicine now to prepare for 3rd year, and saving qbanks for 3rd year prep for Step 2. I do find Step Up to be a bit too much outline format for me now, though, since it has been so long. If you can suggest a book that is more text and less outline that would be great. Also I was wondering if Kaplan On Demand might be better for me than High Yield given that I have a year to prepare, or if maybe it's overkill. Any advice about how to prepare for 3rd year would be much appreciated! Thanks!

3/10/2016 8:25:45 PM
tubulin wrote:
Hi,
I'm an MD/PhD returning to 3rd year next year. It's been so long since I was last in med school I've forgotten a LOT. I have a fair amount of time this year to study, and I am looking for advice about good prep materials for 3rd year and Step 2. I was thinking about doing Kaplan High Yield videos + Step Up to Medicine now to prepare for 3rd year, and saving qbanks for 3rd year prep for Step 2. I do find Step Up to be a bit too much outline format for me now, though, since it has been so long. If you can suggest a book that is more text and less outline that would be great. Also I was wondering if Kaplan On Demand might be better for me than High Yield given that I have a year to prepare, or if maybe it's overkill. Any advice about how to prepare for 3rd year would be much appreciated! Thanks!

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK