Percentage goal

7/3/2018 5:27:49 AM
hello everyone I'm having trouble interpreting the performance as I'm taking my nclex-pn in two days and I'm freaking out because i feel like Uworld is kicking my butt! I'm currently in the 61st% tile for performance I've finished all my questions and my assessment test was a "high" passing rate is this accurate for passing? it will be my second time taking my nclex-pn thank you everyone

7/19/2018 12:06:05 PM
Hello everyone,

I passed the NCLEX 3 days ago in 75 questions. Yay!!! Thank you, UWorld! I finished all the World questions with an average of 56% which led me to the 58 percentile before trying to answer the ones I got wrong. I used only one Self assessment in which I got 67% correct which led my to the 85 percentile and very high chance of passing. I think World was a big help, and it was the only resource I used to study, also study your labs and EKG just in case.

Sheyla Fundora, R.N.

9/13/2018 12:19:36 PM
umxl949533 wrote:
I don't write reviews, but reading people's nclex experience and what they did before taking the exam really helped me.

Background.
I'm from Brazil, therefore English is not my first language, but I've been living in the US for 8 years.
I got a few A's and mostly B's on my prerequisites, but during nursing school it was all B's.

The prep courses I used.
I bought Kaplan ( around $400) because a representative went to my school and convinced us they were the best. Kaplan has difficult questions, naturally making you question why the right answer is right answer, but the explanations are far too short, or simply states that the other 3 options are "not the priority" or "not the best choice."
After realizing Kaplan wasn't helping me learn and making me feel like there was no way I could pass the nclex, I went online and read many reviews about how uworld had great explanations. So I decided to purchase uworld for one month ($80 so much cheaper!!!!)

Uworld.
I did about 1300 questions and averaged about 58% on the qbank.
I took the self assessment test 1 two days before my test. Got 56% right of 69 questions (bc I ran out of time) which put me in the 48% percentile, high chance of passing.
I took the self assessment test 2 the day before the test. Got 59% right, which put me in the 64% percentile, very high chance of passing.

The nclex.
Never, ever, ever would I have thought I would be one of the people who gets 75 questions and the computer shuts off, but that happened.
I still have a hard time understanding the Computerized Adaptive System (CAT). I thought you needed to get all 60 questions right (15 of them are experimental questions, they don't count as passing or failing) for the computer to shut off.
Med questions. Uworld has 200 something questions on medications and I did not take any of them, although I did get some med questions under cardio, resp, and other categories. During the nclex I got 7 or 8 questions about meds, and I did not know any of them.
So, I hope this helps you in some way. I walked out of the nclex thinking I either did my worse or my best. I simply hoped I passed because I got about 20 select all that apply.

Try your best to stay calm, breath, take your time, eleminate the other 3 answers, and move on.
I tried to think over and over again that many people pass this test, 5+ million people are nurses in this country, most of them went through the same process. “They did it, and I can do it too.” If not on the first try, perhaps the second, or third.

5/15/2021 5:04:32 AM
Esther43724937 wrote:
I know of one person who failed the NCLEX-RN 5 times. She did Kaplan three times and still failed. She did UWorld and pass with 78 questions. She highly recommended UWorld for NCLEX-RN success.
edited by on 6/2/2015

i do kaplan every now an then the questions are redundant, while uworld assesses your medical knowledge

pages: 1 2 3

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK