I shocked after 5 blocks of UW!

3/20/2015 10:34:47 AM
Hi,
I've done Kaplan qbank with about 55% (random, timed).
But after 5 (44qs) blocks timed and random I shocked and distracted

Overall correct: 59% and in each block I missed about 2-4 correct answers for average result!
In contrast of Kaplan Qbank here in most failed questions... kinda only I didn't know right answer Looks like explanations say me, "common man, absolutely all know it except you
In spite here questions shorter (in general) and I'd say UW questions "more straight" but anyway at present time I lack of time... And I met something new - huge advertisements (stat questions) - I spend relatively lot of time for them.

In conclusion I feel myself like a mentally impaired person in a high IQ club.

Comments?

3/29/2015 10:46:23 AM
Worry not my friend. World MCQs are deliberately made harder and long scenarios to give you practice for the real exam. Just keep practicing UWorld and you'll start improving. Everybody starts with the low score so you're not the only one here. Good Luck!

4/9/2015 10:17:50 AM
adilkh88 wrote:
Everybody starts with the low score so you're not the only one here. Good Luck!

Really thank you very much for trying to make easy my anxiety
But I'm in panic... I did already 30% and my overall correct 62% and percentile ONLY 37 (all test 1st time/ random/ timed)!!! Whaaaaa?
Is it mean that a user who has 50 percentile has around 75% of overall correct?

I wouldn't say that I don't know the information in general... yes I don't know lot of details and often confuse between two answers (and it is surprise for me how the MTB 2 and 3 could be enough as people say)... So I found of tons information here in UW (not in the MTB or Kaplan notes)!

But most common that I lack of time to thinking about a question -> it increases a fear that I will not have time to finish the block at all-> a little panic is starts -> the fear/anxiety decreases productive thinking during the block etc.

-
edited by on 4/9/2015

4/20/2015 1:58:11 PM
newhere wrote:
I was slow and did not practice a lot .... after few months I can get 67% and finish at time.
just practice and you will make it.

Thank you for your interesting and honest answer!
At present time I did about 40% of the UW but my percentile increased only up to 40 and overall correct to 63% ONLY (all random, timed, first time). So improvement goes incredibly slow
I did not buy exam ie have date so I don't limited with time for study... I think UW is only one perfect Qbank for the Step 2ck, but I worry that UW has only 2000+ questions that all. It means that I not sure that I will ready for the exam at the end of my UW.

Do you mean you working with UW second (or even several) time?

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK