New Step 3 Experience

1/14/2015 8:18:33 AM
Hi guys
I ve taken Step 3 exam last week. The whole exam was very exhaustive.

First day it was relaxing with 6 sets. The main troubling factor was lots of biostats. Wish I would ve practiced it more. The drug advertisements are easy but you ll ve to keep atleast 7-8 min in the last for those questions. Rest of the questions were standard and straight.

The second day it was 7 sets of 45 min with 33 Q per set. These were lengthy and mostly had patients with multiple co-morbidities and polypharmacy. The questions were directed not at the diagnosis but at the followups, interactions and what if some treatment failure occurs. There was no biostats. Then followed 13 CCS questions which were not the usual we practiced but pretty straight forward.

I would suggest doing USMLE practice Q also along with UWORLD.

Hopefully the result will be good.

Thanks

1/14/2015 9:52:54 AM
Congrats for getting through final hurdle of USMLE
It will be highly appreciated if you can specify what sort of questions were in biostats like simple question of finding particular thing senstivity, specificity, CI etc

1/17/2015 3:57:09 PM
thanks for the update

1/17/2015 7:36:23 PM
The BS questions were mostly sensitivity, specificity, CI, Hazards Ratio, Drug comparisons, alfa and Beta errors, PPV & NPV, Number needed to treat and harm.

Thanx

1/23/2015 5:12:11 PM
Pranav290 wrote:
The BS questions were mostly sensitivity, specificity, CI, Hazards Ratio, Drug comparisons, alfa and Beta errors, PPV & NPV, Number needed to treat and harm.

Thanx

1/23/2015 5:22:25 PM
thanks Pranav
I had failed the exam did not do more then 50 percent U world did not review answers I did Kaplan classroom anywhere did not help only 25 percent covered in Kaplan
I want to know how many pharma adds you got in a block
you stated these were easy please tell me from where you prepared for this
I will do U world couple of times now
For first day are the questions management like second with bio stats ethics and public health I am doing Fischer MTB with basic science correlate and his CCS book which has a lot of basic science correlate
in the exam per the exam blue prints basic science is 1-3 percent
is fischer book enough mtb has some basic science correlate too
can you tell me how many bio stats you got per block how many drug adds
IS USMLE WORLD with MTB and fischer CCS basic science book enough
my problem was also time I left more then 10 questions per block how can I improve time
thanks Yeshuva

1/29/2015 2:32:12 PM
Thanks for the updates! Really appreciate it!

So do you think, doing UW Qbank and CCS + review of stats would be enough for to be ready?

Thanks in advance!

3/25/2015 10:31:26 AM
yeshuva wrote:
thanks Pranav
I had failed the exam did not do more then 50 percent U world did not review answers I did Kaplan classroom anywhere did not help only 25 percent covered in Kaplan
I want to know how many pharma adds you got in a block
you stated these were easy please tell me from where you prepared for this
I will do U world couple of times now
For first day are the questions management like second with bio stats ethics and public health I am doing Fischer MTB with basic science correlate and his CCS book which has a lot of basic science correlate
in the exam per the exam blue prints basic science is 1-3 percent
is fischer book enough mtb has some basic science correlate too
can you tell me how many bio stats you got per block how many drug adds
IS USMLE WORLD with MTB and fischer CCS basic science book enough
my problem was also time I left more then 10 questions per block how can I improve time
thanks Yeshuva

Did u pass and if so can u give some information on what prep materials u used. I didnt pass this exam and really need help

3/25/2015 10:53:06 AM
Hi Guys!!!
Good news is that I passed the exam with score of 215.
Now will start the residency in June 2015.

If you need any support you can e mail me at [email protected].

Good Luck

Pranav

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK