Failed Step 1

12/18/2014 12:51:45 PM
I'm an IMG... So I finally got my score for step 1: 161
Honestly I think I could add more study hours in the past, but I'm willing to start this process again. I have weak areas in all the subjects. Is it possible to accomplish studying for 3 months before taking exam? My plans are to study hard my weak areas and do one or two UWORLD Qbank exams per day.
I used Kaplan's books, took a live course and saw some of their videos and U world. I also did one NBME that I scored really low...

Thank you for your suggestions
edited by on 12/18/2014
edited by on 12/18/2014

12/29/2014 2:09:55 PM
melisuseth wrote:
I'm an IMG... So I finally got my score for step 1: 161
Honestly I think I could add more study hours in the past, but I'm willing to start this process again. I have weak areas in all the subjects. Is it possible to accomplish studying for 3 months before taking exam? My plans are to study hard my weak areas and do one or two UWORLD Qbank exams per day.
I used Kaplan's books, took a live course and saw some of their videos and U world. I also did one NBME that I scored really low...

Thank you for your suggestions
edited by on 12/18/2014
edited by on 12/18/2014

I dont see that you used First Aid. That is like a MUST HAVE book for anyone studying for the STEP...Add first Aid to your resources? How could you not have used First Aid...

1/1/2015 8:09:25 PM
First - RELAX
Second - GET THE USMLE FIRST AID 2015 AND READ TEH PREFACE!!!
Third - DO NOT GIVE UP!
Fourth - REWRITE THE FIRST AID BOOK BY YOURSELF WITHOUT ANY HELP!
Fifth - DO U WORLD EXPLANATIONS AND WRITE THEM ON YOUR FIRST AID BOOK
Sixth - TAKE NBME 7 AND SEE THE RESULTS
Seventh - ADD KAPLAN 2011 LECTURE NOTES TO YOUR KNOWLEDGE
Eighth - DO GOLJAN PATHOLOGY.
Ninth - BUNDLE UP EVERYTHING SO IT BECOMES YOUR OWN.
Tenth - DO NBME 11th

FINALLY TAKE THE DAMN EXAM AGAIN AND YOU WILL PASS IT !!!

1/8/2015 5:11:30 PM
If you have $14,000, then by all means, but in this economy, every dollar counts. All you have to do now is do the UWORLD questions over and over and you should pass...make sure you take notes of both correct and incorrect questions and study the notes at a later time before you move to another topic.

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK