Would honestly appreciate if you answer me

11/27/2014 1:48:46 AM
Well, I don´t intend to make a long story. I´ve been preparing the exam for around a year, perhaps more, and believe it took a lot of effort and sacrifice to start out from nothing to face one of the biggest challenges of my life. I live outside the US, and let´s just say they don´t talk or know too much about the Steps where I come from.

My exam is supposed to be in December 10th. I had to pass too much hardship but I could read the entire UWorld bank a couple of times, the same goes for First Aid, also Pathoma and a lot of reviews (perhaps my biggest mistake because the best way to train for an exam is to solve questions, take that advice)

Last week I took the UWorld self assesment 1 with 234, I think is a good grade, but perhaps for someone in my condition it would be better to get a much better grade If I want to aspire to a competitive residence there. I was kind of pumped up, so I took a few hours ago the NMBE 7 and I got the equivalent to 213 (and belive I didnt though it was a difficult exam).

So now I am really sad, and I don´t know really what to do, because ok, I can pick myself up but I am not sure how much I can actually progress in ten days, and perhaps I am in a mistake, but I really want a high score and believe I am a truly hard worker. My question for you would be, in case I don´t feel prepared in the last moment can I simply not assist to the exam? Taking it later would count as a second pass? Does that mean a disadvantage independently of whatever result I get when I finally accomplish it?

Ok, this was long indeed. But if you by some coincidence ended up here, I send you my best wishes, we are dreamers tracking the same path and I hope you don´t face the difficulties I am facing here. Peace

11/27/2014 9:43:33 AM
NBMEs are harder and more accurate of your score. I would wait till I have two consecutive decent scores on the NBMEs. UWSA are usually 20 points higher. Don't ever review your NBME answers, b/c then you can't reuse NBMEs to see your progress. Don't freak out. Just make a logical decision based on not your expectations but your ability. If you think you can score higher, keep doing questions, try different qbanks so you don't memorize UW. Build up the number of blocks you do each day as you get close to the test. Hope that helps. Remember you can do it!!! Good luck

fireace wrote:
Well, I don´t intend to make a long story. I´ve been preparing the exam for around a year, perhaps more, and believe it took a lot of effort and sacrifice to start out from nothing to face one of the biggest challenges of my life. I live outside the US, and let´s just say they don´t talk or know too much about the Steps where I come from.

My exam is supposed to be in December 10th. I had to pass too much hardship but I could read the entire UWorld bank a couple of times, the same goes for First Aid, also Pathoma and a lot of reviews (perhaps my biggest mistake because the best way to train for an exam is to solve questions, take that advice)

Last week I took the UWorld self assesment 1 with 234, I think is a good grade, but perhaps for someone in my condition it would be better to get a much better grade If I want to aspire to a competitive residence there. I was kind of pumped up, so I took a few hours ago the NMBE 7 and I got the equivalent to 213 (and belive I didnt though it was a difficult exam).

So now I am really sad, and I don´t know really what to do, because ok, I can pick myself up but I am not sure how much I can actually progress in ten days, and perhaps I am in a mistake, but I really want a high score and believe I am a truly hard worker. My question for you would be, in case I don´t feel prepared in the last moment can I simply not assist to the exam? Taking it later would count as a second pass? Does that mean a disadvantage independently of whatever result I get when I finally accomplish it?

Ok, this was long indeed. But if you by some coincidence ended up here, I send you my best wishes, we are dreamers tracking the same path and I hope you don´t face the difficulties I am facing here. Peace

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK